Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Good player his passing is great

But set pieces need to be given to someone else. As lexicon says diabolical. We need to be more dangerous at set pieces. We wasted many opportunities yesterday

Shocking at set pieces, it really pisses me off. The last free kick he took at 1-1 we had plenty in the box and it went over everyone

But set pieces need to be given to someone else. As lexicon says diabolical. We need to be more dangerous at set pieces. We wasted many opportunities yesterday

Shocking at set pieces, it really pisses me off. The last free kick he took at 1-1 we had plenty in the box and it went over everyone

Then Bacuna took them and did exactly the same thing!

We need to sign someone specifically for set pieces :D

• Like 2

Him and Delph do the same job.Pick up the loose ball and play a safe pass.We didn't create enough last night, we need more creativity.

He has such a high percentage pass rate because he always plays the safe pass.

Eh? Delph is completely different - he drives forward with the ball and takes his man on.

Him and Delph do the same job.Pick up the loose ball and play a safe pass.We didn't create enough last night, we need more creativity.

Eh? Delph is completely different - he drives forward with the ball and takes his man on.

They play in a totally different way, but I do agree that they play the same sort of position. I still think we'd benefit from a true attacking midfielder in our midfield, with Delph OR Westwood alongside

"We didn't create enough last night"... Did you watch the game? Edited by Bunnski

Then Bacuna took them and did exactly the same thing!

We need to sign someone specifically for set pieces :D

Rory Delap?

They play in a totally different way, but I do agree that they play the same sort of position. I still think we'd benefit from a true attacking midfielder in our midfield, with Delph OR Westwood alongside

No way, sorry for that, but they are ideal duo to play i.e. two DMCs sitting in front of defence, one as a ballwinner and deep lying playmaker (Westy) and one as a box-to-box midfielder (Delphy). In case of diamond which we played last night, Westy played as a DMC and Delphy with Cleverley as box-to-box. It was NZog role to play AMC but he did not convince me. I think Padawan Jack was better than NZog in AMC slot.

Edit: typo.

Edited by Majkee

Thought set pieces aside that was his best game for us. He and Delph bossed the midfield for most of the game, his passing was excellent but more important than that for me was his tenacity in the pressing and tackling. Really had us on the front foot.

Also between him, Delph and Cleverly there was always an option in midfield, thought the three of them rotated and found the space really well.

No way, sorry for that, but they are ideal duo to play i.e. two DMCs sitting in front of defence, one as a ballwinner and deep lying playmaker (Westy) and one as a box-to-box midfielder (Delphy). In case of diamond which we played last night, Westy played as a DMC and Delphy with Cleverley as box-to-box. It was NZog role to play AMC but he did not convince me. I think Padawan Jack was better than NZog in AMC slot.

Yep they can play as a DM duo, but what I mean is I think they're both best suited to a link up role.

A proper DM (Sanchez?) and a proper AM (Gil?) with Westwood or Delph playing next to the DM would be a good 3 man midfield, imo.

Yep they can play as a DM duo, but what I mean is I think they're both best suited to a link up role.

A proper DM (Sanchez?) and a proper AM (Gil?) with Westwood or Delph playing next to the DM would be a good 3 man midfield, imo.

I am really sorry again, but I can not rate Sanchez as a proper DMC. He is so shaky, Championship player at most. I hope I will be wrong about him but not now. Best DMC is Westy by a mile. So underrated player with so much hard work done. Shame he is so lightweight.

My ideal diamond is Westy - Cleverley, Delphy - Young Padawan Jack currently, if playing without wingers. Credit to TS that he realised, that clasic 4-4-2 is shaky for Villa and changed to 4-1-2-1-2 as he obviousy wanted to play Gabby as a poacher with Tekker as a flick-on man.

With wingers, it is a different story, but I would go with Westy, Delphy - Gil, Cleverley, Sinclair - Tekker as a lone striker, bringing Young Padawan as a first AM substitute.