Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Hes not on the pitch to score or create either. Ridiculous angle to criticize him from.

and don't corners count as creating? he hit a few really good ones didn't he?

He did indeed, how i noticed is because his corners have been shocking for two years

• Like 1

" Hes not on the pitch to create or score".......what is his role in the team then?

Sanchez is the sitting midfielder, Cleverley and Westwood to support the attack.You misunderstand the concept of having a good game.A lot of them passes he made yday, i expect a professional footballer in the Prem to be able to do.Thats the trouble with Westwood, he gets praised to the hilt for doing the basics.He was ok yday, but when we had plenty of the ball we didn't offer enough threat in front of goal.For me it was up to Cleverley and Westwood to get in the box and support Gabby, they didn't.A better performance yday, and Joe Cole was a joy to watch.

" I know more about football than you" argument Steffan, or difference in opinion?

You seem to take any criticism of Westwood, or in my case non praise of Westwood, quite personally.Lets put it down to difference in views.I admire your loyalty to him i have to say, but not for me.

Eh? You said pretty much those exact words first. 'You misunderstand the concept of having a good game'

I really couldn't give a monkeys about your opinion to be honest. It's got nothing to do with praise or non praise of Westwood. You can't find yourself to find a single good word about him which is sad because he plays for the team you support.

On the other hand, you'll defend Sanchez to the hilt even after he makes monumental cock ups. I wonder how many times Westwood has made the same mistakes.

I like Sanchez but your double standards and obvious agenda are pretty hilarious.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I suggest you read my comments.All i say about Westwood is he is an incredibly average player, and not good enough for Villa imho.And i couldn't give a monkeys if you accept that or not.

In my eyes a few passes in a game does not constitute a good game, he was ok yday, no more in my eyes.

My agenda?.....for AVFC to have a better team, thats all.

You seem to think you have some kind of monopoly on knowledge of the game.....its all about opinions, to coin a phrase.

Hes not on the pitch to score or create either. Ridiculous angle to criticize him from.

so what is his role exactly? He doesnt create or score.. nor he make himself physically imposing.. doesnt win the midfield...

Vastly overrated as he puts in a couple of cross-field passes. 

Sanchez has given the ball away a few times but thats because hes always involved and doesnt go missing in games. Generally his passing is okay.. he slips every now and then and gives it away but hes still adjusting.

I like Westwood.. i think hes a good squad player but in no way should he play every game without rotation. I would like to see a midfield trio of Sanchez Cole and Cleverley when Benteke returns. 

It continues to baffle me that Sanchez seems to be rated higher than Westwood, despite his performances so far.

If Westwood had performed as Sanchez has so far in his Villa career then this thread would have gone into meltdown.

Edited by Stevo985

It continues to baffle me that Sanchez seems to be rated higher than Westwood, despite his performances so far.

If Westwood had performed as Sanchez has so far in his Villa career then this thread would have gone into meltdown.

I dont think either have been good. Its just that Sanchez offers something different. Physical and aerial attributes. Westwood is too similar to Cleverley. We dont need both. One has to be dropped and i think Cleverley has the better attacking skills.

• Like 1

That we've been conditioned to believe a player like Ashley Westwood is fundamental to the team speaks volumes of the present status of Aston Villa Football Club. The big clubs wouldn't touch him, and the second tier clubs like Spurs, Everton, Soton and Newcastle would probably have him sitting on their bench, at best. He's s a decent player, but nothing special. 

• Like 4

That we've been conditioned to believe a player like Ashley Westwood is fundamental to the team speaks volumes of the present status of Aston Villa Football Club. The big clubs wouldn't touch him, and the second tier clubs like Spurs, Everton, Soton and Newcastle would probably have him sitting on their bench, at best. He's s a decent player, but nothing special.

Pretty much this. Though I'd replace 'decent' with 'bang average'.

Conditioned? Don't be so ridiculous - this isn't The Manchurian Candidate.

Some people rate him highly, others think he's OK. Some are more vocal than others, who cares?

• Like 1

Is it so shocking that a player who is important for us, a team fighting relegation, might not get a regular game at clubs in the top 6?

That doesn't make him a bad player. 

Edited by Stevo985