Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Bowery not being good enough is Bowery's fault not Lambert's. He wasn't a good signing by PL, but as I said, when your on a limited budget your bound to make a few bad signings. 

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Bowery not being good enough is Bowery's fault not Lambert's.

A player can only do their best. If their best isn't good enough, it's not their fault, it's the manager who put them in the situation.

If he'd been an N'Zogbia player who just didn't give a shit, I'd agree, but there's only so much 100% effort can do if you're just not very good.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

I know people don't like Lambert but blaming him for Bowery not being good enough is just foolish. That would be like giving Lambert all the credit for how good Benteke was and not giving any credit to Benteke himself. 

I wouldn't be hilariously out of my depth. And there would be a difference between taking a chance on lower league player and some random person.

Lambert signed him and he turned out to be a not very good signing, as happens at all clubs, more so at clubs who conduct their transfer dealings on a limited budget. Bowery being a poor player has nothing to do with Lambert's managerial ability.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't be hilariously out of my depth. And there would be a difference between taking a chance on lower league player and some random person.

Lambert signed him and he turned out to be a not very good signing, as happens at all clubs, more so at clubs who conduct their transfer dealings on a limited budget. Bowery being a poor player has nothing to do with Lambert's managerial ability.

This just doesn't make sense. 

• Like 4

But it does make sense, It was a poor signing and Bowery turned out to be not very good but, some signings do turn out to be not very good, especially at clubs with limited budgets, where sometimes they have to take a chance, on an unknown quantity. If he was rubbish and Lambert kept playing him, then I could understand laying the blame at Lambert's door, but he was hardly used.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

But it does make sense, It was a poor signing and Bowery turned out to be not very good but, some signings do turn out to be not very good, especially at clubs with limited budgets, where sometimes they have to take a chance, on an unknown quantity. If he was rubbish and Lambert kept playing him, then I could understand laying the blame at Lambert's door, but he was hardly used.

I take your point, but you're missing two other key points:

1) Bowery was always a random signing. I have a few friends who go to Chesterfield games regularly. They had no idea why we signed him. None of them thought he was good for them in League One or League Two. It's not like Lambert recognised a hot prospect and then Bowery just failed to deliver his potential, Bowery never had any potential in the first place. 

2) Like it or not, managers do get judged on their signings. Of course every manager has busts, but Lambert's bust/success ratio was too high, which is precisely why we always struggled as soon as Benteke got injured. We struggled because apart from Benteke and Kozak, Lambert's only permanent forward signing was Jordan Bowery, who was shit. I know we didn't have much money, but we could have found much better players on free transfer. 

• Like 2

We could have signed useless as he says he wouldn't have been hilariously out of his depth. Unlike Bowery, :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, useless said:

Club would do well to scout my posts on here for advice. There's a good chance we'd be a Premier team now, if they had have done, nothing hilarious about that.

:lol:

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I think there was a connection between one of Lambert's coaching staff and Jordan's dad who is also a lower league coach.

Whole transfer stinks to high heaven of brown paper packages and backhanders. Maybe just a way for Lambert and his pals to skim some off the top of Lerner's fortune?

• Like 1

the fact he went from a mediocre record in League 2 to Premier League, played for us in the Premier League. He then left us for 1 Championship season and since then has spent his time in League 2  with a poor scoring record still.  

Transfer still doesnt make any sense. the same summer Jamie Vardy signed for Leicester but he had a goalscoring record

Â