Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Well it's broken Rotherhams transfer record so it can't be a nominal amount of money, must be a few hundred k at least, we only paid £250k for him didn't we?

Good luck to him, signing him was a shot to nothing at the end of the day

Better to pay a few hundred thousand on a Bowery and recoup 250k after two seasons than paying between 3 and 4 million for Marlon Harewood and get 0 back.

Good luck to him. He seemed a likeable carachter.

• Like 1

Better to pay a few hundred thousand on a Bowery and recoup 250k after two seasons than paying between 3 and 4 million for Marlon Harewood and get 0 back.

It is even better to sign players who aren't complete pants at all.

At least Harewood scored some goals, though. I'd say it'd be better still to realise that neither player were good signings and save time and money by not employing them in the first place.

I wish him well for the future but he was never good enough at all. Okay, we didn't pay much for him, but these kind of signings are still a waste of time and money. Lambert must have known he was planning on selling him, so why play him towards the end of the season instead of putting Robinson or Grealish in for some experience? I can only think that he wanted to put him in the shop window, but I'd rather have given the young lads a chance and maybe surprised us than play Bowery who predictably offered very little.

It is even better to sign players who aren't complete pants at all.

Of course. And that is what we did with Benteke. Unfortunately, we did not have enough cash to buy 11 quality players. We probably had to take some insane gambles. Though I really did not see this one coming. 

Spot on.

Lambert of obviously saw some kind of raw potential (which to be fair I think he showed when he played), but it was going to be a gamble and maybe he just hasn't developed as much as he (Lambert) would have liked.

We paid peanuts and got peanuts back, ok we wasted some wages, but he was probably on next to nothing anyway (in relevant terms)

I'd rather see more of these types of signings than players like Harewood and Heskey, who we knew were going to be shit. At lest Bowery has only been shit in hindsight!

Â