Joe Bennett

Si.

I'm not saying he will or he won't. Just that he needs more than one bloody season without his own fan writing him off and giving him abuse.

seeing as he can't even get in the matchday squad.

Reasonable explanation already posted.

I miss the Bannan thread. Now the hooligans has another player to abuse that doesn't deserve it.

Opining that a player isn't very good counts as abuse does it?

Well, the players probably stays away from sites like these, but they can't escape spectator criticism at games, so I would say yes it is. Generally, if you tell anybody that they suck at what they do, that would not go down well with them or people around them. I feel some forget that they actually are grown ups, and should do all they can to support a player at your team. Behaving like a 15 year old girls and abusing a poor person who can't defend himself is not the right attitude. Yes, he could have had a better debut season, even if he had many setbacks (bought injured, got injured, new to the league). Now he is our reserve left back. Be happy we got him, and that he has other qualities that Luna doesn't have, like a better cross, that would have been handy against Newcastle when we have 2 big men up front. I see it as a mistake by Lambert not to have him on the bench, ready to come on, in games Villa is chasing.

I can guarantee that, if there is one thing Bennett ISN'T, it's a "poor person"!

How come? Do you know him personally? Is he evil? The son of doctor No?

Er..... perhaps he just means because he is a PL footballer and so will be paid well thus not poor.

Not sure what you are on about to be honest.

I can guarantee that, if there is one thing Bennett ISN'T, it's a "poor person"!

Er..... perhaps he just means because he is a PL footballer and so will be paid well thus not poor.

I know what he meant. But a player being payed well does not give supporters the right to abuse him. Is it really so hard to support our own players? Really??

I pay a lot of money for season tickets and the return in the last few years has been shite.

If I watch these underperforming tits, then I can if I feel like it come home and air my displeasure, as can anyone.

I'm sure the players don't give a bollocks

• Like 3

I know what he meant. But a player being payed well does not give supporters the right to abuse him. Is it really so hard to support our own players? Really??

It's more the issue that as soon as Lambert decides that he doesn't like someone then suddenly people on here decide to become like rabid sheep tearing those players apart. I'm guilty of it to - but I certainly have never been in the camps that went feral on Bent, Hutton, Ireland and co.

And i am not saying criticism is not deserved, but most of it is based on perserved life styles, attitudes, effort and what they earn - much if which is total and utter conjecture. 98% of players are over paid delude rocket polishers with no concept of the real world, (in fact the whole state of football is now just a infated oil billionaire's playground, only a matter of time before there is 20 teams the world over that everyone pays billions to see and the rest slowly fade and die....... but i digress)

Yes we should back the manager but he's far from perfect and is often as much as fault as the players, as people have pointed out Bennett has had very little protection plus he came in the side at a time when we were already defensively awful.

I agree that Bennett has been crap at times, but he's also just stepped up a division and shown just about enough to suggest he has some genuine talent and that we should back him when he next gets a chance to play.

• Like 1

It's more the issue that as soon as Lambert decides that he doesn't like someone then suddenly people on here decide to become like rabid sheep tearing those players apart. I'm guilty of it to 

In my own defence, I spotted that Bennett wasn't good enough to hold down a first team place very early on and have been saying it consistently ever since, even when Lambert was picking him week in, week out.

So in my case, it's not just a question of jumping on the bandwagon now that Lambert seems to have spotted the same thing. 

But are people abusing him? He hasn't played a league game this season, so there are no fans shouting abuse at him. People are entitled to their opinions and an Internet forum is a perfect place to express these opinions. No one on here recently (not sure if ever) has made derogatory comments about Bennett on a personal level, they are merely saying that in their opinion Bennett is not a good footballer and not good to play for the club we support.

It's more the issue that as soon as Lambert decides that he doesn't like someone then suddenly people on here decide to become like rabid sheep tearing those players apart. I'm guilty of it to

In my own defence, I spotted that Bennett wasn't good enough to hold down a first team place very early on and have been saying it consistently ever since, even when Lambert was picking him week in, week out.

So in my case, it's not just a question of jumping on the bandwagon now that Lambert seems to have spotted the same thing.

I'll second that

But are people abusing him? He hasn't played a league game this season, so there are no fans shouting abuse at him. People are entitled to their opinions and an Internet forum is a perfect place to express these opinions. No one on here recently (not sure if ever) has made derogatory comments about Bennett on a personal level, they are merely saying that in their opinion Bennett is not a good footballer and not good to play for the club we support.

It was some abuse last year.

I pay a lot of money for season tickets and the return in the last few years has been shite.

If I watch these underperforming tits, then I can if I feel like it come home and air my displeasure, as can anyone.

I'm sure the players don't give a bollocks

We all know that we pay a lot of money supporting Villa, but what the hell...Villa have not won the anything major since 1982 (the league cups are minor), and before 1981 Villa last won the league in 1910(!!!) so if people expect anything else the next few years, they are going to be pretty disappointed. Go to the games and enjoy a day out or find a new team. You may or may not make a lot of money yourself, but doesn't make you a shit from anyone's perspective. We lose and we win with or without Bennett/Luna/Lowton/Bacuna.

Still think Bennett is a good player, unsure what Luna has done to "appear" so much better other than score. His defending hasn't been great and I think the medical team are still helping him after Ben Arfa tore him a new one!

Bennett shown at the end of last season he was turning the corner and becoming a premiership defender and i was looking forward to him getting even better this season, just unlucky that he got injured pre season.

Some parts of the crowd were definitely abusing him at the Rotherham game.

Â