Worst ever news as a villa Fan ?

smetrov

I was only young - but when we sold Bruce Rioch to Derby (Early 1970's) - I was mortified - I ripped the derby page out of my soccer stickers collection !

My dad tried to explain - that is was all about money - and Rioch wanted to play in the first division (we were div 2 at the time) - I just couldn't see why anyone wouldn't want to play for Aston Villa

Wots yours ?

and 17/06/2011 is to predictable !

I still somehow remember Dwight Yorke going to United, rocket polisher, he was the reason I started supporting Villa (as well as being local to the club).

I'd probably put McLeish being appointed right up there, and when Olof threw the ball into the net against the bluenose scum.

Hear me out ...

I'm starting to think it was being taken over by an American Billionaire

Be honest, did ANYONE of us expect to be where we are now 6 years into this new era ?

On the back of two flirtations with relegation, the family jewels almost all sold off and with a woefully thin/inexperienced squad going into the first match of the new season ?

When Randy walked in, there was a renewed hope. A hope that a new dawn was here and that the old girl Aston Villa would finally get back to where she belonged. Hope is a dangerous thing

Without any 'your talking daft' quick replies, ANYONE tell me it's worked out as they'd hoped ?

Mcleish - it confirmed the owner no longer cared what the fans thought and that he'd given up even trying to be successful.

In recent times its hard to argue with that.

Going slightly further back when GTMK1 left the club I was gutted and same when Big Ron and Sir Brian left.

Appointing McLeish. Of all the qualified football managers in the world, of an ilk associated with a premier league club, McLeish was an outstandingly awful choice. Multiple relegations and repetitive failure were a clear an present trait. The fact we paid to take him from a recently relegated club showed the club were absolutely clueless to what was required.

I'm also a young'un on this forum Mcleish was pretty bad. Also losing to the scum in the league cup, and then them going on to win it, I was so mad. When they scored that second goal in the final, I broke my remote control for my television, smashed it against my wall.

Â