Worst ever news as a villa Fan ?

smetrov

McLeish was the point in which the people in charge of the club gave the two fingers to the supporters. Having described the new manager as one who'd reflect the club, its values and be best fit with it and the fans, to bring in McLeish showed that either they didn't care, or they didn't understand even the most basic thing about the fan base.

It started off their own downfall, and in a couple of years time when they aren't here anymore - whatever mess we end up in before the team is invested in again, that appointment will be seen as the thing that snowballed it.

the Mcleish sage was horrid but its hard to pinpoint the absolute low during his time with the club as the whole year was terrible. The cup final losses to man U recently and in the FA cup a decade ago to Chelsea were hard as i though the club would finally get some silverware once more. The milner and Yorke sales were bad times to.

Got to be the Olaf/Enkelman saga game against BluScum when we got beat an i was watchin on bigscreen in a club with mainly Blunose supporters/customers....still have nightmares over that night! :(

When Dwight Yorke went Man Yoo, that was hard to take.

The losses to bloose, especially the enckleman one, I punched the wall and put it through me old man werent impressed, said it 'was only a game, cant win em all', which made it even worse!

And more recently, the Milner sale and MON exit!

This goes for me as well + Barry forcing a sale, that hurt.

Both quite recent for me...

Mcleish - it confirmed the owner no longer cared what the fans thought and that he'd given up even trying to be successful.

Possibly this.

2nd would also be the fairly recent loss to the shit in the league cup.

the Mcleish sage was horrid but its hard to pinpoint the absolute low during his time with the club as the whole year was terrible. The cup final losses to man U recently and in the FA cup a decade ago to Chelsea were hard as i though the club would finally get some silverware once more. The milner and Yorke sales were bad times to.
I think the low point for me was around the Spurs/Man U surrenders in late November/early December. Our worst fears about McLeish had been confirmed yet his tenure hadn't gone on long enough nor were we low enough in the league at that point for his sacking to look inevitable. From then on I don't think I properly enjoyed the few victories we had and I'd also take some comfort in our defeats knowing that it'd probably push McLeish closer to the door. Not that I didn't want us to win mind you, but it isn't exactly nice when you win but feel empty inside because you know that word removed is still at the club.

I'm also a young'un on this forum Mcleish was pretty bad. Also losing to the scum in the league cup, and then them going on to win it, I was so mad. When they scored that second goal in the final, I broke my remote control for my television, smashed it against my wall.
Funnily enough I happened to accidentally burn my finger cooking that day. It left a mark that took like a year to properly go away so I would always be reminded of that horrible game. :evil:

The appointment of Alex McLeish as manager.

I know it's fresh in the memory of a lot of us, but I genuinely cant think of anything that tops it in twenty years of being a Villa fan. I was gutted when Paul McGrath left the club even though I knew the time was right. I was gutted when Dwight Yorke left to join Manchester United. I was disappointed when players like Southgate and Ehiogu were allowed to leave and publicly said they left due to a lack of ambition. MON leaving was a major let down too, as were the sales of Gareth Barry and James Milner.

But I always had hope that the people who left the club could be replaced by people just as good or better. I was too young to be aware of it at the time, but how many Villa fans were gutted when we sold Andy Gray to Wolves in 1979? Arguably our best player, it took a British record fee to make the move happen but I would imagine VillaTalk would have been raging had it been about at the time. The club spent the money from Gray on Des Bremner, Tony Morely, Kenny Swain & Peter Withe. The rest is history. We did the same with the Dwight Yorke money too, Dublin & Merson were excellent replacements for the same price. We even spent the Gareth Barry money on Stewart Downing who was excellent for us before he **** off to Liverpool and decided to be shit at football.

So there is always hope when somebody leaves. But when McLeish arrived? That just struck me as a big "**** you" to the fans from the board. They were either totally incompetent (and they definitely had previous there with the Houllier farce) or they were trying their absolute hardest to drive down expectations from the fans that they were prepared to have a relegation battle over it. Why anybody would appoint a man with a reputation for playing shite football who had just been relegated for the second time in four seasons with a club that Villa fans universally hate for reasons other than those listed above is completely beyond my understanding. Again, it's worth stressing the fact that we got less points in 2011/12 under McLeish than Blackpool were relegated with in 2010/11, and we had a reputation as the most boring team in the entire league. **** knows how we stayed up. I'll probably never forgive Lerner or Faulkner for last season, and if they announced the were selling up tomorrow I'd be delighted.

Neale Cooper never being fit enough to be a Villa legend.

Brian Little retiring at 27.

Alex Cropley being assaulted into a broken leg by Ally **** Brown of Olbiyun.

Ron Saunders going to scum heath.

The appointment of Alex McLeish as manager.

I know it's fresh in the memory of a lot of us, but I genuinely cant think of anything that tops it in twenty years of being a Villa fan. I was gutted when Paul McGrath left the club even though I knew the time was right. I was gutted when Dwight Yorke left to join Manchester United. I was disappointed when players like Southgate and Ehiogu were allowed to leave and publicly said they left due to a lack of ambition. MON leaving was a major let down too, as were the sales of Gareth Barry and James Milner.

But I always had hope that the people who left the club could be replaced by people just as good or better. I was too young to be aware of it at the time, but how many Villa fans were gutted when we sold Andy Gray to Wolves in 1979? Arguably our best player, it took a British record fee to make the move happen but I would imagine VillaTalk would have been raging had it been about at the time. The club spent the money from Gray on Des Bremner, Tony Morely, Kenny Swain & Peter Withe. The rest is history. We did the same with the Dwight Yorke money too, Dublin & Merson were excellent replacements for the same price. We even spent the Gareth Barry money on Stewart Downing who was excellent for us before he **** off to Liverpool and decided to be shit at football.

So there is always hope when somebody leaves. But when McLeish arrived? That just struck me as a big "**** you" to the fans from the board. They were either totally incompetent (and they definitely had previous there with the Houllier farce) or they were trying their absolute hardest to drive down expectations from the fans that they were prepared to have a relegation battle over it. Why anybody would appoint a man with a reputation for playing shite football who had just been relegated for the second time in four seasons with a club that Villa fans universally hate for reasons other than those listed above is completely beyond my understanding. Again, it's worth stressing the fact that we got less points in 2011/12 under McLeish than Blackpool were relegated with in 2010/11, and we had a reputation as the most boring team in the entire league. **** knows how we stayed up. I'll probably never forgive Lerner or Faulkner for last season, and if they announced the were selling up tomorrow I'd be delighted.

It's hard to think of anything to add to this. Spot on. I would also add that the current squad is possibly the worst in the last 30years. Hopefully Lambert can work miracles because I think the board currently dont give a shit as long as we survive and stay up.

I feel like a cold hearted bastard for not being upset over the Stan news now. Obviously I wish the guy all the best but from the moment I heard it I thought he would be able to make a full recovery, a young man at the peak of physical fitness with the money to afford the best healthcare in the world. The odds are certainly stacked in his favour.

Â