Worst ever news as a villa Fan ?

smetrov

I feel like a cold hearted bastard for not being upset over the Stan news now. Obviously I wish the guy all the best but from the moment I heard it I thought he would be able to make a full recovery, a young man at the peak of physical fitness with the money to afford the best healthcare in the world. The odds are certainly stacked in his favour.

Yeah, for the most part thought he would be okay and that but I think the timing played a part as well just because it was during a somber period with McLeish, we were losing full stop, etc...so just kind of amplified it. I let a few tears out admittedly in the match against Chelsea, found it all a bit overwhelming..

I think I have only cried once as a Villa fan. I was still a schoolboy and Brian Deane scored a 92nd minute winner for Leeds against us with about three games to go in the 1994/95 season. It left us a point clear of the drop with everybody beneath us having games in hand. I was convinced we were going down after that.

An unexpected win over Liverpool in the last home game of the season kept us up by three points in the end.

As someone who remembers the relegation to Div 3, the sale of the mighty Andy Gray, the retirement of the even mightier Brian Little, the resignation of Ron Saunders and a myriad other disastrous days for AVFC, the one thing that trumps the whole lot has to be the appointment of McLeish. Total madness.

So a lot of people say mcleish being hired is the worst moment for them as a villa fan.

And yet the man who hired him and delivered this horrendous moment is still blindly loved.

I find that very strange.

ermmm.... no he's not

The end of the McGrath era, Yorke hurt and Taylor moving on too. Cup final losses and Milner.

But I was near certain we would go down under Houllier, then with McLeish I was absolutely convinced we were done for. That Bolton game is the lowest i've felt in a long time, was absolutely crushed that night and was preparing for Championship football.

My "worst ever news" are all connected:

1) That Andy Gray & John Gidman were to be sold was devastating.

2) That Ron Saunders had resigned felt like my world had ended

3) That Ron Saunders was to become small heaths manager. See 2)

4) That doug Ellis was buying the club. See 2)

5) That Tony Barton had died. See 4) for the Bastard that sacked him.

:-(

McLeish by a long chalk for me.

I got over the Yorkie thing quite fast - I named my hamster after him and everything, but I could see why he'd move to the biggest team in the world at that point, and since then it was totally justified.

Can't really add much more to what other people have said about McLeish. I couldn't afford a season ticket when Houiller was in charge, but I was kind of looking forward to the summer transfer window with someone like him in charge. I think we would have brought very shrewdly and I even saw us play decent football towards the end of the season (See Arsenal away game).

But for him to be struck off with illness, the loss of my personal fave manager (ok, I see the error of his ways now) MON and for the chairman who I really looked upon fondly (because of the good stuff he did with Villa) and for HIM and that dirty cretin Paul Faulkner (Randys first BIG mistake) to employ the ungly ginger freak was beyond anything my feeble brain could digest. There were so many 'How can he see this as a good thing?' comments being banded around I was glad I wasn't the only one questioning everything about it.

Last year I had very little involvment in anything to do with Villa, such was my vitriol and distain to the person put in charge of the club.

Frankly, even if we go down this year (not that I think we will) I will still look upon this Villa as a team we can be proud of, because of the shit we've had to put up with and the down right negativity surrounding the club with regards to our ambitions and status within football.

P.S against Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed by the club I support.

Whats the worst match?

I have seen us thumped plenty of times, Villa fans fighting each other, some even turning on Jesus Dave at Blackburn, but Doncaster has always stuck in my mind.

Losing in my first ever cup final with Villa against United was pretty heart breaking but I was proud of the team and was glad we put up a bit of a fight.

I was crushed when we lost against Bolton 1-2 at Home last season. Probably my lowest time as a fan. (even if that has been only for 8 years :P)

So a lot of people say mcleish being hired is the worst moment for them as a villa fan.

And yet the man who hired him and delivered this horrendous moment is still blindly loved.

I find that very strange.

John, I'm not defending Randy.... but how many players has he signed.

by and large we have bought dung during his tenure one or two out of many have turned out ok....its simply got us where we are today.

we have basically **** up in transfer market.

ps sorry for going off topic.

only been following since O'Neill came in, so recent history only.

O'Neill leaving with days to go WTF?????

the Milner sale.

Vidic staying on the field and our ensuing loss

McLeish being appointed, after I posted with confidence saying that no way it would ever happen...WTFFFFFFFF??????

Â