Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Achilles tendon injuries are pretty nasty, can be 6 months although I think Curtis Davies made a very quick recovery from that once.

Achilles injuries are potentially one of the worst nightmares as they often recur. For this reason I would never, ever sign a player who has had this type of injury.

Hopefully we can now get rid of the Zog in the January window if anybody is daft enough to buy him given this type of injury.

I do feel sorry for Zog but unfortunately time & tide wait for no man & the bigger picture has to be the development of AVFC.

Sounds like we weren't trying to sell him now anyways...but I can see us selling him in January for 8m to a desperate side that thinks he can help them

8 million  :crylaugh:

we be lucky to get 3 on his previous seasons form

• Like 1

Achilles tendon injuries are pretty nasty, can be 6 months although I think Curtis Davies made a very quick recovery from that once.

Achilles injuries are potentially one of the worst nightmares as they often recur. For this reason I would never, ever sign a player who has had this type of injury.

Hopefully we can now get rid of the Zog in the January window if anybody is daft enough to buy him given this type of injury.

I do feel sorry for Zog but unfortunately time & tide wait for no man & the bigger picture has to be the development of AVFC.

Get rid?

He's not a human being not a mouldy sandwich.

I can't get comments published at the tail of Mail journo Neil Moxley's articles lately. Even deliberately banal attempts. Probably something to do with hammering him for shabby transfer reporting and his fierce anti-Lambert stance (and for which I was heavily down-arrowed, by the way) around Xmas. Anyway, this time I wasn't allowed to convey the thought that, if the club's determined to get rid of Charles N'Zogbia, his age should allow for recovery enough to maintain his pre-injury value and spice up what has often been a moribund (Bent 2011 aside) January transfer window for Villa fans. And, though it works both ways, the inflationary mid-season market might even see him garner a few extra quid. If it comes to it, spending an extra 10-20% on some cheap, young prospect (as per recent acquisition strategy) is fine if they're making the same margin on Charles.

Edited by Borgs

I give up, what is he then?

Perhaps he is that species of animal that aspires to be human but resembles a mouldy sandwich but can't be categorised as either!

Get rid?

Yes, but a mouldy sandwich would provide better end product than Nzogbia does in 80% of his games ;)

I lived in London in 2010/2011 and I had initial trouble with my achilles tendon, bursa and heel bone (runner's bump/Haglund's heel) - which made it hard to run and caused a lot of swelling, inflammation and pain. Two and half years later, including 5 surgeries, thousand of pounds and months in crutches, I still haven't been able to run. Not a single time. Of course N'Zogbia will get much better medical attention than me and every case is different, but the injury/area sucks balls and it makes you "afraid" that you will tear the tendon every time you do some activity. I hope he makes a snappy recovery!

A none specific injury, to be out for a unknown period.

Smells fishy to me. Dunne!?!

Na don't see it. What would be the point whilst the the transfer window is open (or about to be)? We could get a couple of mill for him now. Dunne was different in that he was old, fat an on a huge contract... He would've been a lot harder to get rid of

Maybe Martinez will kindly take him off our hands & take him to Goodison.

This could be a possibility. Martinez will think he's a manager that can get the best from Zog, and he seems like an Everton signing (cut-price due to an average season and injury).

Personally, I'd be happy to sell him to Everton for around £4-5m, then let Lambert loose on the European's again.

Absolutely horrendous signing.

Yes-Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there weren't too many doubters when we bought him.

Being a winger & playing under AM is not recommended.In N'Zogs case,he often found himself playing behind Gabby.I thought the couple of times he had half decent runs in the team,he looked to be turning a corner but it never quite happened.I'd loose no sleep if we sold him but wouldn't go as far as to class him a "horrendous" signing.

Yes-Hindsight is a wonderful thing but there weren't too many doubters when we bought him.

Being a winger & playing under AM is not recommended.In N'Zogs case,he often found himself playing behind Gabby.I thought the couple of times he had half decent runs in the team,he looked to be turning a corner but it never quite happened.I'd loose no sleep if we sold him but wouldn't go as far as to class him a "horrendous" signing.

I would, 9+ million quid and on big money, he has been an absolute unmitigated flop here. Also when we did sign him the more astute among us thought we were paying a lot for a headless chicken who had a knack of flattering to deceive.

Actually there were quite a few of us only people didn't want to hear it when we'd just spent nearly £10m on him.

He has always been and always will be a distinctly average player with questionable commitment and work rate who managed a couple of purple patches of form when trying to secure a move.

• Like 3

NZogbia Rues Holiday Injury

Skysports.com

Aston Villa's Charles N'Zogbia has spoken of his disappointment over an Achilles tendon injury picked up while on holiday.

The winger has had surgery after sustaining the injury while keeping fit during a break in the United States.

It is unclear how long the 27-year-old may be out of action and Roddy MacDonald, Villa's head of sport and exercise medicine, is flying to Miami to assess N'Zogbia before returning with him to Birmingham.

"It is a big blow for me," said N'Zogbia.

"The bad luck is following me at the moment. To hurt my leg on holiday is strange. You usually get those injuries in games, not on holiday.

"I hope to come back quickly from this injury and help Aston Villa next season."

I thought he was really dangerous in the West Brom away game but then absolutely anonymous in the Bradford matches. He gave a decent performance against West Ham at home, I thought he was unlucky to miss out for Bowery at Stoke away (although Bowery did ok and that game was a huge result for us), and then I felt he got his goal and was playing well against Fulham at home but got subbed off. He didn't really do anything after that.  

So inconsistent and frustrating as a player because he clearly has talent. I admit I was really excited when he joined as I felt losing Downing and replacing him with N'Zogbia for half the price was a really good deal for Villa.

I'd want to give him this season to prove his worth as I still believe there is quality there. But if it doesn't happen this year he must go down as one of our most disappointing big money signings of recent times.

Â