Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Ireland got a fairly long run under Lambert in the first half of last season and was shit, hence being frozen out.

you're probably right but would be good to see how many games he got consecutively him and Zog

if you actually look at it, all of our so called creative players under Lambert have not had long runs in the side, he genuinely wants the creativity to come from the strikers and his midfield to be hard working cloggers...... or that's what it seems.

Perhaps signing Wes or getting Zog back would be a change to that set up, but Lambert has pretty much sold all our creative midfield players even if they weren't much cop. What remains i.e. Tonev, Gardener and Helenius (if he supposed to be a withdrawn striker) he doesn't seem to rate or think is ready.

Edited by VillanousOne

Ireland played 13 times in the league last year, and as I don't remember him being part of the side that turned things around then he must have got a good run of games playing 13 of the first 20 odd. 

Houllier played him and McLeish played him too. He had OOODLES of chances to perform here and to be fair quite often he was the best of a bad lot in 2011/2012. Still, for my money never ever fulfilled his potential with us. 

Something that I think will unfortunately be the case with Zog. I don't think he's the answer to our number 10 problem (especially for the home form) he'd probably be better used in Weimann's position but he would never work that hard. The squad number he got before getting crocked marked him out as bomb squad, but we won't know until he's fit either way.

Edited by romavillan

CNZ seems to have picked up the NRC syndrome whereby the less he plays the better he seems to get

Noo, maybe its just the shit we have at the moment any other 'proven' premiership player is bound to be better. Wiemann or an on form NZog, no contest for me!

On form?

He hasnt been on form since signing, what in earth makes you think he'll come back from a long term injury on form?

CNZ seems to have picked up the NRC syndrome whereby the less he plays the better he seems to get

Noo, maybe its just the shit we have at the moment any other 'proven' premiership player is bound to be better. Wiemann or an on form NZog, no contest for me!

On form?

He hasnt been on form since signing, what in earth makes you think he'll come back from a long term injury on form?

See Houlston above!

Wonder if we could persuade Wigan tio take him back?

Would be no suprise to me if he ends up at Everton at a cut price fee back with Martinez

Then turns into the player we thought we brought

Don't think he'll ever be the player we thought we bought. He has never been that for us and is now two years older and he's desperately short of matches, fitness and, I'd imagine, confidence.

The Championship (or lower league on mainland Europe) beckons for him IMO, if he ever gets over his mystery injury.

What's the mystery?

No mystery! He injured his Achilles Tendon while playing beach football in Miami. Apparently these injuries take at least 6 months to heal and then a intense training regime to get strong again. I personally doubt he will be back this season now, but will be good to have him fit for next. He is contracted with us until 2016.

Wouldn't shock me.

I still don't get why people are expecting him back 5-6 months after he did his Achilles. Just because Curtis Davies did it a few years back (and he was way ahead of schedule as I think the original prognosis was for him to be out until xmas) doesn't mean every player can.

Wouldn't shock me.

I still don't get why people are expecting him back 5-6 months after he did his Achilles. Just because Curtis Davies did it a few years back (and he was way ahead of schedule as I think the original prognosis was for him to be out until xmas) doesn't mean every player can.

N'Zogbia is also far more reliant on speed and things that would be affected by the injury.

Wouldn't shock me.

N'Zogbia is also far more reliant on speed and things that would be affected by the injury.

very true, could easily break down again if he's rushed back, the first real sprints will be a nervy time for him

Ireland got a fairly long run under Lambert in the first half of last season and was shit, hence being frozen out.

you're probably right but would be good to see how many games he got consecutively him and Zog

if you actually look at it, all of our so called creative players under Lambert have not had long runs in the side, he genuinely wants the creativity to come from the strikers and his midfield to be hard working cloggers...... or that's what it seems.

Perhaps signing Wes or getting Zog back would be a change to that set up, but Lambert has pretty much sold all our creative midfield players even if they weren't much cop. What remains i.e. Tonev, Gardener and Helenius (if he supposed to be a withdrawn striker) he doesn't seem to rate or think is ready.

Zog played a part in our resurgance at the end of last season and started most of the home games after Jan, who knows he may still have a part to play..  Ireland has been consistently terrible for us under three managers good riddance! The only creative players he has actually sold are Ireland and Bannan and I don't think anyone misses them!

Tonev and Helenius were always going to players we would have to develop.  They are both young with some natural ability, but currently out of their depth in the premier league. Personally I think Helenius could be great for us, but the type of striker he is (Second striker) needs to be very 'street wise' he needs to learn to draw fouls, and has to be able to keep up with the pace as so much of his game needs to be about reading the play and being in the right place and the right time, not to mention having a great understanding with his teammates. I think Lambert want Helenius to improve his heading as whats to point of a 6'5 frame and not being able to head well! Tonev, has the tools (pace, can beat a man, two-footed, can 'supposedly' shoot) but needs the brain, the jury is still out for me on both, as I think their first 6 months in English football is an unfair measure on which to judge.

• Like 1

We might want to sell him in the summer but finding a club willing to offer him enough money to tempt him to give up his contract with us might be tricky. He's been out a year, clubs will want to see him in some form before buying.

Good point LL but maybe if it's a low fee clubs will take the same sort of risk as we did with Downing?

We might want to sell him in the summer but finding a club willing to offer him enough money to tempt him to give up his contract with us might be tricky. He's been out a year, clubs will want to see him in some form before buying.

Good point LL but maybe if it's a low fee clubs will take the same sort of risk as we did with Downing?

Downing was on low wages so we could offer him improved wages to tempt him to move.

N'Zogbia is on a high wage already so a new club will have to at least match his high wages to temp him to leave. I can't see many clubs risking that, they will want to see him playing before offering him big money.

Could be very wrong foreveryyoung but it wouldn't surprise me under Lambert N'Zogbia will be sold in the summer for 2m-3m to get his wages off the books.

It "wouldn't surprise" you?

You say that as though it's some heinous act? I'd snap the fingers off anyone offering £3M for him right now.

He's been a sulking little shit since the first game, plays solely for himself when he can be arsed to play at all, £3m would be great and I would be more suprised if he doesn't get shipped out in the summer.

When did he sulk? Never seen him be lazy either, I think he tracks back a lot.

Could be wrong but he was one of our best players end of last season.

A much better player than Weimann, he makes things happen. Weimann needs the team to play well before he does anything.

• Like 2

Â