Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lads let's not lose sight but for 60 mins of yesterday we were actually winning, whilst playing shite I will grant you that. 4-1 was a bit flattering for them. What we need to look at is why we missed 2 great chances to kill the game off and how we collapsed when they made it 1-1.

Lambert had 4 villa defenders around him, how he was allowed to chest the ball down, shape himself and get a shot away unchallenged is criminal. Like I say Vlaar and Clark were owned yesterday and they need to learn from that

I just want Bannan and Lichaj dropped.

Bannan can create chances, but the negatives of his game outweigh the occasional chance he produces.

Lichaj is slow and clumsy, easy to beat. He works hard and is useful for defending corners but we need more than that.

Benteke and Westwood are far from ready to be thrown in full time - Westwood is not ready to impact a game or come on when we need a steady ship (YET!).

Clark has tonnes of potential but I worry about the mistakes he makes, average one a game and they usually end up costing us. Would rather 2/3 small mistakes that do not cost us.

Weimann, no complaints this season.

Bent doesn't add anything unless he scores and we need the ball put into his area for him to score.

Holman, decent player, works hard but lacks the final ball.

KEA - bad game yesterday but cannot complain as he has been solid, same as Vlaar.

Lowton wasn't as good yesterday, but again nothing to moan about as he has shown glimpses of true quality.7

Guzan was poor but again, he has been on form so far so cannot fault one poor game.

Gabby looks off the boil, like he has gone stale here...

Too much going on at the club AND trying to get players settled and/or used to the pace of the prem.

You can do this kind of analysis at any club and when you appraise each individual you can come up with flaws.

The euro winning team were not great individuals it was the team work ethic that was the catalyst to success.

There is a long way to go and much work to do....consistency is very hard to acheive.

equally getting a good defence and a good attack in unison is a very difficult thing to do.

I believe an overall philosophy has to be arrived at and persevered with.

There will be set backs inevitably.....but to reach the holy grail is to stick to the planned route and not deviate.

I don't know where this 'Lichaj is easy to beat' nonsense comes from - he's a good player defensively but he's a full back, not a wing back and that is what is causing him problems at the moment - he isn't good at going forward, beating men or anything like that but he is a good, promising defender and if he is used that way then he'll be fine.

I don't know where this 'Lichaj is easy to beat' nonsense comes from - he's a good player defensively but he's a full back, not a wing back and that is what is causing him problems at the moment - he isn't good at going forward, beating men or anything like that but he is a good, promising defender and if he is used that way then he'll be fine.

But thats the problem, Lambert clearly likes his Fullbacks to attack.

Lambert rode his luck with us, but we still shipped a shed full of goals.

Maybe that luck has finally run out for him.

lol, your a wind up merchant and a pretty shit one.

Your ridiculously ungrateful for what he did for your club, I appreciate you was never going to send him away with a pat on his back but lets not judge him quite yet.

I honestly don't mean to wind you Villa lads up but only now since our defence has been compleatly rebuilt, do we realise how bad it realy was.

The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

Such a bad defence yet he got you to 12th? No wonder you are still pissed off that he left you, he must be a miracle worker

We let in more goals than most teams I believe, but we also out scored most, that is fact.

And there are 3 worst teams than Norwich this season, and I honestly believe you're one of them.

Thats not me being a troll, its based on watching Villa defend, and simply, you can't, even you're own fans are now starting to say this.

Still, as they say, time will tell.

Keep dreaming, Lambert performed miracles for you over the last 2 seasons.

They aren't three worse teams than Norwich, you and Reading are the two worst teams in the league and I'd be amazed if either stayed up. If you were going to, you'd have beaten either QPR or West Ham at home, these are games you need to win to stay up as you did last season.

Lads let's not lose sight but for 60 mins of yesterday we were actually winning, whilst playing shite I will grant you that. 4-1 was a bit flattering for them. What we need to look at is why we missed 2 great chances to kill the game off and how we collapsed when they made it 1-1.

Lambert had 4 villa defenders around him, how he was allowed to chest the ball down, shape himself and get a shot away unchallenged is criminal. Like I say Vlaar and Clark were owned yesterday and they need to learn from that

Hold the back page but I actually agree with CI! :lol:

It's second halfs like yesterday when, for all his faults, I would've wanted Dunney available as I doubt Lambert would've had as much joy with Dunne and Vlaar being up against him.

Also not sure why Baker has fallen out of favour and isn't making the bench now?

But thats the problem, Lambert clearly likes his Fullbacks to attack.

Yep - he does, I was addressing the Lichaj is easy to beat argument more so though.

It was always going to be about survival this season and still maintain anything above 14th will be over achieving. There is nothing too choose between many of the teams all capable of beating each other easily like Saturday . With young players it's up n down until they find a level . Keep the faith and don't go over the top Swansea performance was decent but too many thinking our troubles were over .

We should have signed Berbatov, Adam and Johnson and then kept Cuellar. Those players would have walked right into our first team and secured our Premiership safety. We could then have purchased 1 or 2 young players and given them the required time to get up to speed with the Premiership.

We have already brought the wages down and with Dunne probably leaving at the end of the season along with Hutton and Warnock then there would have been plenty of room to sign the aforementioned players.

As it is we are playing 'Russian Roulette' with our Premiership safety at exactly the wrong time with the increase in TV revenue ready to hit.

I do too Smetrov.

Lowton seems to be a barometer for us. If he plays well, then we play well, if he’s off form, then we’re poor.

I don’t mean that in the respect that he is “the” player that makes us tick, but he is symbolic of a lot of the side; young, talented, but inexperienced.

I think we'll be lower-mid table 14th to 11th, but then a few wins could see us make the top half. There are a number of sides who are worse than us and a few more who could struggle. I would expect Stoke to pull it together, but you named Swansea as a side who could struggle too.

For me though, Southampton, Reading and Norwich look the candidates for me.

Add QPR too

I seriously doubt that. We played them yesterday and they were better than us. It didn't look like a fluke performance either. They have a lot of players who are comfortable on the ball and can pick out good passes. We've had disappointing results in general this season, but yesterday was the first time I thought the opposition were clearly the better team. At the moment we aren't exactly the benchmark to measure quality against, but we aren't that bad either.

They had a bad start against Swansea, but have since bought a couple of decent players. Granero was a real threat yesterday and Julio Cesar was very good as well. Players of that quality can make all the difference. I can't see them being involved in a relegation struggle. They'll be top 12.

TBH I think QPR will be fine too. Any doubts I had about their defence were snuffed out by signing Julio Cesar. What a ridiculous goalkeeper for them to have. Proper football manager stuff. I don't think they're any great shakes, but they're certainly a level above the dross that will be fighting it out down there. Let's hope so are we.