Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Can we go one result without over the top reactions. We played bad today but as many people have said we have a young team with a new manager, we are going to have these types of results, especially away from home. How about we see where we are on the table after 8 - 10 weeks before we start panicking.

Agreed.

It wasn't one bad game. It's now 3 bad games out of 5 quite generous fixtures.
And two relatively good ones which to me is a classic pattern of inconsistency.

In the bad games we have looked worse than last season, but in the good ones we have looked a million miles better than last season which shows that that level of performance is in there, they are capable of it they just need the consistency which will come, over time, and which cannot be expected this soon into a rebuilding process.

What I am saying is I totally agree with the comments saying we will have good and bad days and we need to stick with it

I'm not ignoring the good games. The performance at newcastle and the comments from pardew after showed what we can do, and then the performance at swansea showed we can do more.

I'm just saying that worrying about relegation isn't based on just one bad game, which seemed to be the suggestion.

I think that saying people's reactions are over the top after 1 game is a little unfair. The 2 good games this season are the over reaction. I can remember various over reactions in the past 2 seasons after a good game, Chelsea away for example, where we felt we'd finally turned a corner only to hit a brick wall again the next week.

Disappointment and lack of effort are now the norm, the good results are the ones we overreact over.

Having slept on it I'm still disappointed about yesterday's result but there were some positives in the performance. We just crumbled when they got back in the game and didn't know how to react.

Our squad still has a number of inexperienced players for this league and our new manager is still trying to change the way we play with those that have been here for a few years. It will take time to improve, just look at Liverpool, they are having a mare with a new manager as well.

This is starting to sound reminiscent of the apologists for Houllier. It's no good if the manager is "trying" to change the way we play. The manager's job is to determine how we play and make it happen. He can do this by buying in players suitable to his style, through coaching and training and through tactics week by week. Yesterday's performance raised a few questions over all three of those areas.

Bad bad day yesterday. Players were poor, Lamberts changes were poor, formation was exposed but like the last two seasons I don't see us getting relegated. I'm sure we will be poor again but I think there will come a point when we go on a nice little run.

This is starting to sound reminiscent of the apologists for Houllier. It's no good if the manager is "trying" to change the way we play. The manager's job is to determine how we play and make it happen. He can do this by buying in players suitable to his style, through coaching and training and through tactics week by week. Yesterday's performance raised a few questions over all three of those areas.

WEEK BY WEEK - you said it yourself, it doesn't just happen overnight, it takes time and there are hiccups along the way. Have a word with yourself, do you really expect us to turn into a good team immediately after the AIDSathon we watched under McLeish?

Next 4 league games are massive now and we need points -

WBA (h)

Spurs (a)

Fulham (a)

Norwich (h)

As the 4 after that look tough and probably 0 points

Mon'land (a)

Manure (h)

Ci£y (a)

Arse (h)

That takes us to nov 24 and 13 games in and you'd like to think we'd have at least 13 points on the board by then. Which is 2 wins and 3 draws or 3 wins - WBA fulham and Norwich ?

**** it's looking tough already

The big difference in the two situations is that Houllier came in after we came 6th and were doing pretty well while last season we barely avoided relegation.

The team needs a lot of work but against Newcastle and Swansea we saw a lot of positives. The 2nd half against Soton was a complete disaster but hopefully we'll learn from it.

Lambert rode his luck with us, but we still shipped a shed full of goals.

Maybe that luck has finally run out for him.

lol, your a wind up merchant and a pretty shit one.

Your ridiculously ungrateful for what he did for your club, I appreciate you was never going to send him away with a pat on his back but lets not judge him quite yet.

I honestly don't mean to wind you Villa lads up but only now since our defence has been compleatly rebuilt, do we realise how bad it realy was.

The trouble is its been at the expense of our attack....now we couldn't score in a brothel!

Such a bad defence yet he got you to 12th? No wonder you are still pissed off that he left you, he must be a miracle worker

We let in more goals than most teams I believe, but we also out scored most, that is fact.

And there are 3 worst teams than Norwich this season, and I honestly believe you're one of them.

Thats not me being a troll, its based on watching Villa defend, and simply, you can't, even you're own fans are now starting to say this.

Still, as they say, time will tell.

I know it's a rebuilding process and that it will take time, i also think that at least half of our squad will never be good enough to play any important role at this level and will be shipped out in the coming seasons, but still.

...At this point last season we were undefeated and had 7 points.

And no, i don't wan't McLeish back

WEEK BY WEEK - you said it yourself, it doesn't just happen overnight, it takes time and there are hiccups along the way. Have a word with yourself, do you really expect us to turn into a good team immediately after the AIDSathon we watched under McLeish?

If losing 4-1 to Southampton is just a "hiccup" let's hope we don't catch the burps.

WEEK BY WEEK - you said it yourself, it doesn't just happen overnight, it tak

es time and there are hiccups along the way. Have a word with yourself, do you really expect us to turn into a good team immediately after the AIDSathon we watched under McLeish?

I'm with bew on this and posted along the same lines in the match thread.

I thought Lambert was introducing a new passing style of play to replace the dreaded hoofball. We saw evidence of that against Newvcastle and Swansea but we reverted to hoofball against Southampton with Benteke in the team. Does Benteke fit into a team which plays a more technical style of play? I would have thought signing someone like Berbatov would have been mote in keeping with our new style rather than changing our style of play yet again to suit Benteke.