Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

When was the last time we had 3 consecutive seasons where relegation was a serious worry? How far back do we have to go?

Keep defending Mr Lerner boys for simply not being called Doug because **** knows what else you can actually defend him for.

I knew someone would bring up the stupid argument that everyone expected nothing out of man city so why moan. No ones really moaning about this one game though, its 2 shit years and now sitting in 18th place that people are moaning about.

I didn't expect a single point out of united or city but because that's happened I can't be worried? I can't be unhappy about sitting in 18th place after 2 previous seasons of pure shit?

Yeah and so is the blind defence.

Just a shame for the club and us fans that the defence has to be blind instead of there actually being something good to talk about in regards to our superb, already proven failure of a sports team owner.

What blind defence? I don't recall anyone saying Randy is blameless, most just don't blame him for absolutely everything like you do.

When was the last time we had 3 consecutive seasons where relegation was a serious worry? How far back do we have to go?

In the 30 odd years I've been following us this is probably the most sustained period I can remember of pretty much shite results. When was the last time we strung 3 or 4 wins on the bounce together? Mid 80's was bad under Turner then McNeill and obviously culminated in us going down.

We are in deep shit and its not due to today's result or last weeks result. It is down to over two years of irresponsible cost cutting,selling very good players and either not replacing them or replacing them with nothing like the same quality and a couple of poor managerial appointments.

Lambert joined a club that needed major surgery and a 17 mill net spend and having to balance the wage bill was never going to be enough to start to put things right.

I am sure Lerner will again be in panic mode come January and we'll spend a few quid. This time though it could well be too late.

Keep defending Mr Lerner boys for simply not being called Doug because **** knows what else you can actually defend him for.

I knew someone would bring up the stupid argument that everyone expected nothing out of man city so why moan. No ones really moaning about this one game though, its 2 shit years and now sitting in 18th place that people are moaning about.

I didn't expect a single point out of united or city but because that's happened I can't be worried? I can't be unhappy about sitting in 18th place after 2 previous seasons of pure shit?

That first line is a very fair point....and a worrying one. We have some how managed to turn things around much quicker in the past, but this seems to be a long one.

I think we are maybe a bit too slow to see when a player is not going to reach the required standard and I think we have bought so many players over the recent years that have failed to raise our game.

I think we lack experience in the premier league. Our squad last season was better than this. Experienced but average players will grind out results for you. We are basically a promoted squad and have as much chance if stating up as the other promoted teams. It's going to be a lottery.

I wouldn't look into it too much. I remember when we were in the relegation zone in January a couple of seasons ago and ended up finishing 9th - and that was a more competitive season at the bottom if I remember rightly.

We finished 9th that season because we got lucky in playing teams In the run in who were suffering from injuries. FFS!

Well said Mark and BJ10. Lerner has ruined the club. We're hugely in debt to him AND we're sat in 18th place. The last three years have been abysmal, and yet what have we heard from that utter plank? I do hope he's doing his best to sell us as well as the Browns, as I'm completely sick of him.

In the 30 odd years I've been following us this is probably the most sustained period I can remember of pretty much shite results. When was the last time we strung 3 or 4 wins on the bounce together?

It is a good point. When was the last time we hammered a premier league team? Honestly I cant remember.

I think we lack experience in the premier league. Our squad last season was better than this. Experienced but average players will grind out results for you. We are basically a promoted squad and have as much chance if stating up as the other promoted teams. It's going to be a lottery.

It could be argued the promoted sides have an advantage over us in that they have a squads of players that have been together for a while. We have a hell of a lot of players that are still trying to gel and many of them lack any experience at this level.

You might get a way with having 3 or 4 new players in the side trying to gel with their team mates at the same time as adjusting to the league. You start trying that with half a dozen players new to this league/level alongside inexperienced players that have come through the ranks and as we are finding out you could well be asking for trouble.

It's a good job we are in the relegation zone now rather than May.

If people honestly think that Wigan, Reading, Southampton, Sunderland, QPR, Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Norwich etc will be miles of points ahead of come may then it really is laughable and astonishing.

I believe that it will be 3 of those teams that are for the gone.

We have played 11 games - 27 left to go (potential of 80 points available) Combined with the points we already have we only really need half the available points still left on offer in order to be safe IMO.

It's not going to be that hard from now and May to achieve that considering how we are growing and improving as a team.

I think the panic button on a lot of people's keyboards has worn out they press it so damn often.

No, we lack quality.

Not this "we needed Premier League experience" thing again. That is NOT the problem. Benteke had no Premier League experience and he's been a revelation, for example. Our problem is lack of quality and believe it or not there are quality players out there who don't play in the Premier League.

And please stop going on about Redknapp. It's getting incredibly tiring. "Weave his magic"? FFS.

I was referring to the new players taking time to getting used to the Premiership due to their lack of experience and that's why we failed to pick up enough points with our relatively easy start. You mention Benteke but he struggled at the start and that's my point. Furthermore Benteke has been the one outstanding success but what about Lambert's other signings? Even Vlaar is struggling to cope.

Oh and I see no reason not to mention Redknapp. He is a very good manager, available and we are in the bottom three. I have every right to mention him and I will continue to do so.