Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I don't worry to much about today's result. The killer for me was the failure to beat Norwich at home. A lot of the other teams around us appear to be able to pick up the odd unexpected result here and there .....we don't.

I think we will go down this season - I said after the Norwich game and haven't seem much to change my mind.

I think we are overating Benteke and Guzan - one has scored 2 PL goals - the other has kept 2 PL clean sheets

Jesus - we're still suffering from the hangover of the O'Neill spending spree and some people think we should be inviting Redknapp's trail of destruction to VP, that would set us back another five years. He'd come here if he was paid a clean fortune, spend a clean fortune, and then clear off just in time for us to be relegated and stuck in debt, in the Championship for God knows how long.

Give Lambert a season FFS, then make up your mind. We've been on an upward trajectory in terms of performance. Today was a big set back, but no bigger than Fulham was.

Yes because that experience served us well in 10/11 and 11/12 at holding onto leads.

Don't understand why you bother. George Carlin said it best. Think of how stupid the average guy you know is then realize half the world is even dumber than that. If you spend your life trying to reason with unreasonable people you will give yourself an aneurism.

As for City. We were losing that game for sure, but it was not a 5-0 thumping. We are young and do not contain our emotions well when faced with adversity. That will improve. Our squad will also improve in January. We will be comfortably 10-14 by the time May rolls around.

Let the moaners have their doom party. They probably will not have many more chances to throw one the rest of the year.

Jesus - we're still suffering from the hangover of the O'Neill spending spree and some people think we should be inviting Redknapp's trail of destruction to VP, that would set us back another five years. He'd come here if he was paid a clean fortune, spend a clean fortune, and then clear off just in time for us to be relegated and stuck in debt, in the Championship for God knows how long.

Give Lambert a season FFS, then make up your mind. We've been on an upward trajectory in terms of performance. Today was a big set back, but no bigger than Fulham was.

The club has been on a downward spiral for a while now. Although Lambert has made a lot good moves, he hasn't been able to halt the slide. I still think he is the best manager we could possibly have got - and it would make no sense to replace him. That said you can't undo 2 seasons of chaos in a few months - but I still fear we are going down.

The club has been on a downward spiral for a while now. Although Lambert has made a lot good moves, he hasn't been able to halt the slide. I still think he is the best manager we could possibly have got - and it would make no sense to replace him. That said you can't undo 2 seasons of chaos in a few months - but I still fear we are going down.

It's been on a downward spiral because it's been so unsettled. Houllier tried to change everything from top to bottom overnight and it was a disaster to begin with. Where do you think we'd be halfway through his third season though? He'd have probably sold or released pretty much every player he took over but he'd have his players and a way of playing in place. Now Mcleish was a different story as we were just utterly wretched under him. If a manager could stay for more than a season we'll snap out of it and climb up the table again.

PL is the right guy. He's said we're a million miles away from where he wants us to be, but he knows that trying to change it overnight would be daft. If we stay up, and I'm sure we will we'll only get better with the stability.

By the way, just a question, dont bite my head off. But did McLeish ever actually get us in the relegation zone? I know we flirted with it, but right now we are actually in it.

Apparently not - doesn't mean shit though at this point tbf.

By the way, just a question, dont bite my head off. But did McLeish ever actually get us in the relegation zone? I know we flirted with it, but right now we are actually in it.

Nah, but if the season ended a couple of games later we would've.

Well. Looking back at this time last season the people who were in the relegation zone either ended up getting relegated or were Wigan who were looking like certs to go down until the last few weeks.

So I fear we are not going to shake our relegation battle any time soon, most likely it will be a long grueling season much worse than last year, when really we only started to worry about it for the last couple of months.

Well. Looking back at this time last season the people who were in the relegation zone either ended up getting relegated or were Wigan who were looking like certs to go down until the last few weeks.

So I fear we are not going to shake our relegation battle any time soon, most likely it will be a long grueling season much worse than last year, when really we only started to worry about it for the last couple of months.

I wouldn't look into it too much. I remember when we were in the relegation zone in January a couple of seasons ago and ended up finishing 9th - and that was a more competitive season at the bottom if I remember rightly.