Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Its been a terrible set of results for WIgan today. Now a draw which would be tough enough to get at the Emirates will not be enough to give them a chance of survival.

Yesterday in the final against a Man City side that didn't turn up Wigan had nothing to lose. On Tuesday at the Emirates against an Arsenal side desperate for the win Wigan have everything to lose. It is a compltely different mindset to yesterday. They won't win.

For those that think they will win then console yourself that Spurs, who will need the points, will comfortably beat a totally shite Sunderland already with out Sessegnon, Fletcher, Cattermole, Gardner and now next Sunday Danny Rose.

If that's not enough then console yourself in the fact we will beat Wigan next Sunday to finish 12th.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Sunderland would stay up on goal difference barring a Stamford Bridge style meltdown from ourselves even if they got beat would they not?

Ah yeah good point. To be honest I was calculating and typing them out so fast my head got confused with all the goal differences.

Are Southampton exempt from this relegation malarky?

Yes their GD is too good.

Permutations

Wigan

If Wigan lose against Arsenal they are relegated.

If Wigan draw at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and win against Villa, Wigan are safe.

Aston Villa

If Wigan win at Arsenal, Villa lose to Wigan and Sunderland don't lose to Spurs, Villa are relegated.

If Wigan draw or lose at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and Villa don't lose to Wigan, Villa are safe.

Sunderland

If Wigan win both games and Sunderland lose to Spurs, Sunderland are relegated.

If Wigan draw with Arsenal and Win against Villa, Sunderland need to draw at Spurs.

If Wigan lose against either Arsenal or Villa, Sunderland are safe

Thank you for clearing  it up so what you said that true.

Its now between us, Wigan and Sunderland to go down. For Villa to go down Wigan need to win against Arsenal at the Emirates on Tuesday then against us on Sunday at the DW or Sunderland to lose at WHL on Sunday, a point will keep them up, probably go there and get a sneaky point, though what springs to mind is when Spuds relegated the shite :D about 3 years ago.

I can easily see Sunderland getting a point at the notorious bottlers Spurs.

Our saving grace is that Wigan will not beat Arsenal away, no **** way. Shove last year up your arse. Arsenal never fail to get Champions League but they will if they dont beat Wigan.

We are safe. If Wigan win then my arse will be twitching but that wont happen.

Wigan beat Man City yesturday by the way. The way you are talking its guaranteed, your wrong! Nothing can be counted on in this league.

they also lost to a not interested Swnasea team on Tuesday

I'd like Wigan to get relegated to be honest, but failing that then Sunderland can go.

Only Wigan and Sunderland can be relegated now.

This is the most perplexing post I've ever read.

It's almost as if you are correcting me, even though we mention the same teams, and yet within your "correction" you are incorrect in stating only 2 teams can get relegated...

So confused...

Wigan have a winning strike rate of 1 in 4 this year (36 games ÷ 9 Wins)

They will not win both of their remaining games. We are safe.

I can easily see Sunderland getting a point at the notorious bottlers Spurs.

Our saving grace is that Wigan will not beat Arsenal away, no **** way. Shove last year up your arse. Arsenal never fail to get Champions League but they will if they dont beat Wigan.

We are safe. If Wigan win then my arse will be twitching but that wont happen.

eh? Arsenal can still get Champions League even if they lose their last games and Spurs only get a point.

What? Spurs 2 points above Arsenal. So how can Arsenal get Champions League place by losing their last 2 games??!!

Was a mistake.

I was going by the bbc league tables which haven't been updated yet.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Man City were awful on Saturday. They played like a team who know their manager is leaving and that many of them may also be off in the summer.

Wigan won the Cup as they fought harder than a bunch of mercenaries. In their last League game however, their defense was truly awful.

Because of how results have gone, they HAVE to win. They can't try and park the bus and with the pace Arsenal have, they will score goals against Wigan.

Chuck in the fact Arsenal have had 9 days rest, while Wigan will be on their 3rd game in 7 days, you'd be a fool not to think Arsenal won't get the point we need to confirm our safety.

• Like 1

Current odds:

Wigan 1.06

Sunderland 25

Aston Villa 42

And yet if you have an accumulator on Wigan win at Arsenal & Wigan win at home to us and a double chance on Sunderland at Spurs you can get 47/1 and that's without looking around.

Yeh just put a tenner on the treble. Hopefully I lose my tenner but if not I can have a nice summer not thinking about football.

Thank god for that then eh. After Wigan beat Arsenal 5-0, I thought we'd be in for it. But we only lost 1-0 at Wigan and Sunderland lost 13-1 to Spurs. Close the thread.

We have been in relegation positions but the stars align and we somehow are always save before the last day. This season will be no exception.

Just think though, all those great wins. The 6-1, Gabby's late goal, Tekkers against QPR will all mean nothing if Wigan win both games. I'm amazed after this great run that we are still not 100% safe.