Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I dont think we will go down but arsenal are no guarantee to beat wigan. Lets not jump the gun

if spurs win on Sunday then the arse will have to win next week. They will be well up for the game, not like an on the beach Swansea ;-)

If Spurs beat Chelsea tomorrow there is little hope for Arse.

Is there a set results on saturday that make us safe - even if we loose to chelsea ?

Answer my q - no - we can only be 100% safe by beating Chelsea. - seems we will have to wait for Arsenal V Wigan

Is it me, I'd actually love Newcastle or Norwich to go down please

no not just you, I would add Sunderland to those two, infact it's rather nice to not mind which of the teams curently below us go downinstead of us, I can make a case to be happy to see the back of any of them.

no not just you, I would add Sunderland to those two, infact it's rather nice to not mind which of the teams curently below us go downinstead of us, I can make a case to be happy to see the back of any of them.

Not tempting fate - But the Clark injury could have been a massive blessing in disguise. Not sure about Baker yet - but he is a massive improvement on Clark. - Key turning point for me.

Am I the only one who is more interested in us winning both our remaining games and potentially finishing 10th? We are out of the relegation battle now, for it to happen there is far too many freak results to occur.

Close the thread and forget it ever happened.

I dont think we will go down but arsenal are no guarantee to beat wigan. Lets not jump the gun

if spurs win on Sunday then the arse will have to win next week. They will be well up for the game, not like an on the beach Swansea ;-)

you forget that Chelsea will win tomorrow to be easier on us on saturday

I really think Wigan are down no matter what Newcastle and Sunderland do. I think we'll go there and win quite easily unless we're thinking of beaches.

"Dunno if it makes it any easier, but if 10 teams are in a relegation battle then it doesn't reflect as badly on us." I see where you are coming from StephanAVFC but I think our being in a relegation battle and being on 40 points with only 2 games to go does reflect badly on us and we cannot rely on getting out of this mess season in and season out as Wigan may show us this season. What does reflect well on us is the support the team and manager has been given this season and the way the young players have responded when the going has got tough at the crucial season end.

• Like 1

"Dunno if it makes it any easier, but if 10 teams are in a relegation battle then it doesn't reflect as badly on us." I see where you are coming from StephanAVFC but I think our being in a relegation battle and being on 40 points with only 2 games to go does reflect badly on us and we cannot rely on getting out of this mess season in and season out as Wigan may show us this season. What does reflect well on us is the support the team and manager has been given this season and the way the young players have responded when the going has got tough at the crucial season end.

Yeah I agree, but the amount of teams pulled into it makes it easier to take! We're not one of 4 for example.

Really? If Spurs win they will be a point ahead of Arsenal meaning Arsenal need a win to stay in touch. Even if Spurs win at the weekend too it will mean Arsenal must beat Wigan to have a chance of top 4. Surely that will be motivation enough.

On the other hand if Chelsea win Arsenal will want to beat Wigan to push ahead of Spurs.

Think the worst thing would be to think this squad of players is a new dawn. Yes the basis is there - but there is still loads of work to be done - especially the defence. We shouldn't get complacent.

• Like 2

Is there a set results on saturday that make us safe - even if we loose to chelsea ?

Not if we lost to Chelsea, as we are the only game on Saturday! But not on Sunday either as Wigan could still top us with 2 wins and so could everyone else with a win on the last day, even if they all lost on Sunday.