Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It's worth pointing out Norwich have beaten some big teams at home this season and despite our 6-1 rout of Sunderland a Norwich victory isn't inconcievable (indeed they are favourites to win the match)...that would really do us over as we play Chelsea next....if these circumstances happen then at least we may have the chance of saving our skin on the final day.

So lets not get carried away...it's still very much CODE BROWN for us at the moment.

Edited by supernova26

It's worth pointing out Norwich have beaten some big teams at home this season and despite our 6-1 rout of Sunderland a Norwich victory isn't inconcievable (indeed they are favourites to win the match)...that would really do us over as we play Chelsea next....if these circumstances happen then at least we may have the chance of saving our skin on the final day.

So lets not get carried away...it's still very much CODE BROWN for us at the moment.

Recently they are in very poor form though.

The one fly in the ointment in our relegation battle is the wigan away match.

Just have to look at the positives, only the top clubs have beaten us since the turn of the year - and we are average a point a game .......40pts should be gettable

I just can't see Newcastle going down. They've amassed too many points already.

Not sure about too many points already. Is 37 enough to stay up?.... depends on Wigan. However I think they will win at QPR

Well I can't see them losing at QPR and they don't have to play Wigan like we do.

Agree, Newcastle with Collicini returning will get another win somewhere. They're the sort of team who can get a result when they need - i.e. Fulham at home (last gasp winner) which looked to make them safe at the time. I see them being safe.

I just can't see Newcastle going down. They've amassed too many points already.

Not sure about too many points already. Is 37 enough to stay up?.... depends on Wigan. However I think they will win at QPR

Well I can't see them losing at QPR and they don't have to play Wigan like we do.

Agree, Newcastle with Collicini returning will get another win somewhere. They're the sort of team who can get a result when they need - i.e. Fulham at home (last gasp winner) which looked to make them safe at the time. I see them being safe.

Hes returning? I thought he had an operation and was out for season

Just hope the Norwich game is not after the Lord Mayors show.

We need to have a resilient performance after Monday's great showing to build on our confidence.

Anyone settle for 1pt before Norwich game. Means wigan will have to win 2 out of their last 4 to be level on points with us

Nope.. i really do still think Norwich is a must win sadly.. We simply put ourselves back in the game with the Sunderland win & by cancelling out GD advantage that Wigan & Newcastle had. I can see Wigan nicking a couple of wins & a draw personally or at least we have to be prepared just in case they do... That would put them on 39 pts so a draw against Norwich & we would be in the s*** in my opinion as we'd have 38pts with Chelsea up next & a horrid last game scenario against a team which stuffed us 3-0 at ours. They have plenty of time to recover from the FA cup final too before playing us.. 5 days i believe... Oh for a win against Chelsea mind! Or Norwich.. either would do but i just think we'd get the jitters against Chelsea if we lost at Norwich..weirdly though if we beat Norwich i could actually see us getting a result against Chelsea with the pressure of a little. I just hope we do win at Norwich so we can all kind of enjoy the last couple of games a bit for a change!

All will become clear in 72 hours, win and results go our way then were playing cardiff next season, lose and a wigan win will mathematicaly mean we will need something at wigan to stay up

Anyone settle for 1pt before Norwich game. Means wigan will have to win 2 out of their last 4 to be level on points with us

We have to better what Wigan do at WBA - If they only draw, then a point at Norwich would be ok'ish

Was talking to my Norwich supporting friend there after Monday night and he said that he'll be surprised if they pick up another point this season and that he couldn't care anyway because they're safe and that's all that matters.

I definitely would. Another pt on the board could prove precious in the greater scheme of things & especially now that we have repaired our goal difference to comparable levels of Newcastle & Wigan.

Sauce = source. Bleedin' amateurs :) Where did you read that Pardew has lost le dressing room.

He's lost the dressing, not the sauce. ;)

I'll give you that. Well played :) I didn't even see it coming!

That is the ketchup effect for you...........