Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Shame QPR couldn't hold on but when they went down to ten early doors I'd have taken a draw from that one. Newcastle and above are safe now, I think. Reading and QPR are clearly gone. Between Wigan, Sunderland, Stoke, Norwich and ourselves for the last spot. We're not safe yet by any means but I think our current form gives a us a great chance, especially if we can win two of the three games against our fellow battlers.

Only just noticed the BBC League Table had all of Mark Lawrenson's predictions come true. We'd be 19th on 21 points, and QPR would be 7th on 51 points.

Ha ha ha. Lambert should just show that to the players each week and tell them to prove that rusty tromboning prick wrong.

• Like 1

Remy's goal reminded me of the one that Rodallega scored against us at VP a few seasons back.

In the context though Maloney's was a cracker.

With Stoke playing United and Sunderland playing Arsenal I would be hopeful we can get past Fulham and move up another notch.

Won't be happy until Wigan get rid of their game in hand though. 

I don't see why we cant beat Fulham... when was the last time they won at Villa Park? I can't remember them winning.

Well .. But they draw a lot ! 

+ They are not a bad team by any case !

I watched some of their game with Newcastle .. they were tight !

Berbatov cannot be underestimated.

Very clever player. Louis Suarez created chances. So will Berbatov.

We need to score two goals at least, not kept a clean sheet since last year.

I think the Fulham game will be very tough. A bit annoyed they lost today as they don't lose that many away.. Hopefully they will be on the beach a little bit.  I fear a draw is most likely which kind of would put us back in it with Man u (a) up the game after.

Not bothered about Newcastle winning as they were always going to pick up enough points & delighted Sunderland lost just a shame it wasn't a hammering.

As for the Qpr v Wigan result i thought a draw was about perfect really. Kind of almost finishes QPR off, especially with them now losing their leading scorer through suspension,whilst at the same time getting us a couple of points ahead of Wigan.

Overall that was about as good as it gets this weekend.

A win against Fulham now & for the 1st time this season i will start to believe we can survive.... Not quite yet though as i really think it could be 39-40-41 pts this season to be safe especially with our shocking GD which has to survive Man U (a) & Chelsea (h) yet meaning we are technically a point worse off than it appears.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Win that and we're pretty much safe.

We really aren't.

I'm thinking 39 points will be needed this season. We have 4 winnable games left which are Fulham, Sunderland, Wigan and Norwich. We need to win 2 of these. A draw against Fulham won't be enough IMO... we have to win.

Edited by VillaLi0n

Berbatov cannot be underestimated.

Not a great traveller. I think there are some ridiculous stats floating around contrasting his home and away performances.

Still, he's a good player but aside from that Fulham are safe, can't get into Europe, and won't need to win as much as we do. I think we can win. We need to, in any case.

Just looked at all remaining fixtures for all those involved & i have us needing 2 wins to stay up by a point on 39 pts but it's still very very close... I got this

Norwich.......39pts

Wigan.........39pts

Sunderland.38pts

Stoke..........38pts

Villa.............38pts

QPR............36pts

Reading......25pts

Thats with us drawing against Fulham & Sunderland, beating Norwich (just a hunch) & losing against Man u, Chelsea & Wigan.. So we're much better winning 2 & losing 4 than winning 1 drawing 2 & losing 3

Just looked at all remaining fixtures for all those involved & i have us needing 2 wins to stay up by a point on 39 pts but it's still very very close... I got this

Norwich.......39pts

Wigan.........39pts

Sunderland.38pts

Stoke..........38pts

Villa.............38pts

QPR............36pts

Reading......25pts

Thats with us drawing against Fulham & Sunderland, beating Norwich (just a hunch) & losing against Man u, Chelsea & Wigan.. So we're much better winning 2 & losing 4 than winning 1 drawing 2 & losing 3

The fact you got QPR onto 36 points despite their horrendous run in makes me think you've done this all wrong. 

We do not want a decider against Wigan, not in a million years.

Even if Villa were Barcelona we would bottle that, no doubt about it would be typical Villa.

To be fair Wigan are huge bottlers as well. I took great heart in their awful performance today.