Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Despite today's wins for Saints and Wigan, i'm still very confident we'll be ok even if we fail to pick up any points tomorrow. We have momentum which neither Sunderland, Norwich or Stoke have and I also suspect Wigan will be distracted by their FA cup semi final. 

I predicted we'd finish on 38 points a while ago which included a defeat against Everton and only a draw against QPR so we're 3 points ahead of where i thought we'd be at this stage. I think we'll get wins against Fulham and Sunderland and draws against Norwich and Stoke before we face Wigan so a point or 3 tomorrow would be a bonus. I believe we will beat Wigan on the last day of the season.

I think fans of Norwich, Sunderland and Stoke will be very concerned at their recent form as we have strikers that are scoring whereas they are struggling to score at present.

My glass is definitely half full. 

Keep the faith.

Yeah I'd agree with you, irregardless of tomorrow's result I think we will still be fine. Out of the teams in the lower half we are probably one of the best form wise and we certainly have winnable matches. A point or 3 tomorrow would be massive though. 

No time for ifs and buts, but if Wigan hadnt scored those two late winners, we'd practically be safe already.

The best news for us is that there are two teams essentially down already. Plus there are now like 7 teams in the mix for that third spot when a few weeks go there was just us and Wigan. We are better form than all of them.

If Sunderland employ a manager quickly then they may get that initial boost you see for new managers. On the other hand MON is meant to be know to get the best out of average players, so if he if couldn't do it with that shit then who can? Sunderland are in a mess and hopefully this has helped our chances of staying up as Wigan have also hit form as they always do this time of year.

I am hoping people don't freak out if we lose to Liverpool, which realistically is the most likely result. Points against them would be great but winning against Stoke is far more important. 

Reading look as good as down, QPR have a lot of distance to catch up so very unlikely and Sunderland are sinking like a rock. If we beat Stoke next week they are also right in the mix. Could have had better results go in our favour the past few weeks but there are still a lot of teams in the mix and plenty of points up for grab.

Even if we lose to Liverpool, I still think we'll stay up. Our fixtures look more pleasing that Sunderland's, so I think we'll overtake. Bottom 3 of Sunderland, QPR and Reading, as the bottom 2 have some catching up to do. However, If we do secure a win, then positivity is gonna rocket...

Now this is a BIG question...

Do we still want Sunderland to be relegated?!?!?!  B)

Nah. I really want them to stay up now that O'Neill's gone, even if it's at the expense of Villa. You see, I only really watch football because I have a juvenile obsession with seeing O'Neill do badly. I don't really care about Villa.

Glad someone is prepared to own up.... :mrgreen:

I am hoping people don't freak out if we lose to Liverpool, which realistically is the most likely result. Points against them would be great but winning against Stoke is far more important. 

Spot on that man. Tomorrow we play for  bonus points. If we get nothing, it's  no loss, if we get anything it's a nice little extra. Our fate hinges on whether or not we pick up 8 points from the games against fulham, stoke, norwich, sunderland and wigan. If we don't hit that points target from those games, we don't deserve to stay up

I don't think 38 will be enough, I think it's 40 this season. And saying losing today "doesn't matter" is churlish. Firstly we need the points secondly the fragile confidence the team has don't need a knock today

The problem is we have won 3 in 5 games, only problem so have Wigan so we have not gone anyway despite our improved form, luckily we have caught up with the teams above but we could easily be 6 points above Wigan if results went our way.

It seems at the moment no matter what we do another team responds.

I really don't want a loss today. Could we please keep it tight and not gift them a big win?

A point would keep our momentum up, a bad loss and we could be all at sea again like after Chelsea. A win and I will be looking towards mid table. 

All the things happening with other clubs makes me fearful for us.   Wigan get a win two weeks ago against Newcastle,  that, no way, should they have got, Chelsea doing their best to send us down losing to all our rivals but hammering us, and every time we build a little momentum, an international break seems to destroy it.  Sunderland sacking MON, no doubt they will have an upturn in form.  I was really happy after the QPR game but now, I have my black cloud overhead again :bang: .   I used to like Wigan but now I hate them and Chelsea.  They say luck seems to even out over the season, but I see no evidence of that with us!   Big crowd expected today - let's make it like the QPR atmosphere - or even better.  Please Villa, please we have to worry about ourselves, not rely on other teams.   :blush:   As Tony Butler used to say, let's get the Prayer Mats out!

Edited by Hev

Chelsea will play a reserve team against Sunderland you watch! Then they have the Tyne and wear derby, if they win that Newcastle are in the shite.

Anyway, I'm not letting villa ruin my Easter. Regardless of today I'm not letting them ruin it like they did Xmas.

Draw or win will be massive but not essential like the las two games were. Anything can happen but a defeat is the most likely result. What is more important are the games against Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich etc.

dreams and realities are 2 different things

the loss today will knock any little confidence our awful team already has, down hill slope from here

Losses to Arsenal and Man City didn't seem to knock their confidence.

Championship is just 7 games away now. Wigan will take that 17th spot because of the fight they have at this time of season. Sunderland will get a new manager 'buzz' for a bit and get a couple of results.

Byeeeeee Premiership!!!