Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We do have to pay QPR, reading and Wigan . Trouble is they are games I expect us to lose which is why I think we are down

we should be able to beat qpr on the form they are showing at the moment, same with reading. wigan is more then winnable not just as likely as the others.

Yesterday aside, reading are showing ok form

possibly, but they should count them selves lucky if they get any points during march, the only ones i could see them take some points from is us. other than that they gor a pretty harsh run left and we all know what a couple of losses in a row can do to the players self confidence.

Reading have done ok lately, their recent good form has been down to some amazing late comebacks. they try and play solid and hit on the break at pace with kebe mainly. we managed a clean sheet against them this year. I think they will find late goals a bit harder to come by and I can see them dropping back more than wigan.

We dont need to bribe them either way

Well i had us down to Draw against Newcastle, lose at Everton & beat West Ham.. so 4 points from 3 & that is exactly what has happened though with role reversal in the 1st two games.

So for me we are currently on schedule still for a possible 35 points... That would include us losing the next two so any points from those would be massive...

In fact if we won 1 & drew a couple from the next 6 games that would be more than i was expecting & would put us in a much stronger position.

Arsenal (a)

Man City (h)

Reading (a)

QPR (h)

Liverpool (h)

Stoke (a)

i can only see us getting 5 more points this season, and thats from 5 draws, the rest being losses, no wins in sight now

is it possible to stay up on 29 points?

surely if we can beat west ham at home, we can also win against Fulham QPR and sunderland at home. even 2 out of those 3 is 6 points.

adding a crazy thought, but if we're lucky, ManU will be champions by the time we play them. I'd rather play them in a game that's meaningless to them than a game that matters.

On the same note, wigan could be relegated before the last game, which could also be to our advantage

Edited by AXD

Just done the predictor and it somehow came out with Wigan bottom, didn't realise I had been giving them such harsh results!

15th West Ham GD -18 Pts 38

16th Villa GD -30 Pts 37

17th Sunderland GD -12 Pts 36

18th Reading GD -17 Pts 36

19th QPR GD -25 Pts 32

20th Wigan GD -26 Pts 32

This had us beating Reading and Sunderland; drawing against Arsenal, QPR, Liverpool, Stoke, Fulham, Norwich and Wigan; and losing to City, United and Chelsea.

now we are out of relegation zone this thread should be closed and er-open the Champions League thread ;)

Ive a feeling we could nick 1 point in next 2 games, maybe at Emirates as Arsenal have Champions League and barring Chelsea we have been mainly better away from home

Absolutely huge 3 points, possibly the turning point of our season. I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet, as we have to build from this and we have been useless at building from anything this season. But, where there is life, there is hope!