Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Bookies have us at evens 50/50 to go down. The ability to double your money should be taken here methinks, get a nice holiday out of it when we go down.

I think we are done for now, the amount of effort we put in today and still lost. Other teams are improving we are sliding, it's very upsetting to concede or even fathom but our season has already been shaped.

id still buy a CB. These two coming back are injury prone.

I agree... but if we had just spot to fill to avoid relegation it would still be CM for me.

No offense to Mr. Petrov. =)

Utter disgrace a club with history like ours finds itself in this same situation 3 years in row fighting to stay up.From being a proud club we have become a laughing stock. :angry:

If you whisper it quietly history means **** all these days unfortunately.

A oil billionaire could by Wigan tomorrow and they could be in City's position in a few years, history or not they would be challenging for league, all about money.

having loads of history means nothing now. (villa steeped in history from the beginning of the football league)

being a big club means nothing now. (ppl say villa is a big club. based on what? size of stadium, wealth or history?)

being a rich club is what matters now and our teamsheet shows just how rich we are.

History of us winning stuff when the world was filmed in black and white and a European cup and relegation a few seasons later, with a couple of league cups after. The last of which over 16 years ago.

We, like every other club deserve nothing. You earn success. The club deserve to be where we are now. Us fans however deserve a **** medal each for paying money to watch this shit

I still think we'll be okay.

Why?

What evidence do you have?

Evidence of future results of football games? Interesting concept. What would that look like, I wonder?

The fact is those people that keep spouting' we will be fine' etc. have nothing other than blind faith and hope to base their statements on. Many people have done it and many have failed. The only thing to base anything on is evidence otherwise the whole world may well be run with a crystal ball mentality.

Sorry to be so logical and factual but some people need a reality check in their lives.

If you were indeed being logical and factual, you wouldn't be asking for evidence of events which are yet to happen, or assuming that past events will exactly repeat what has gone before. Assuming the inevitability of one set of outcomes rather than another (at least in a matter like this) is indeed blind faith, or superstition. And if existing trends were bound to continue, there's no need for anyone to play the second half of a season. Let's just call it a day when the weather gets a bit cold, and assume everything would have carried on as before.

You would make a good politician. You take someones statement and twist it around until it looks like you are right. Sorry but you have nothing to base your comments on other than your personal belief.

Better luck next time.

No twisting involved. It's just pointing out that you criticise others for their belief, while yours rests on similar ground. You call it "evidence" and "facts" to disguise the "fact" that it's actually a belief, an expectation, based on extrapolating past results into the future. You might be right, and you might be wrong. What you aren't, is logically unassailable.

• Like 1

Bookies have us at evens 50/50 to go down. The ability to double your money should be taken here methinks, get a nice holiday out of it when we go down.

I think we are done for now, the amount of effort we put in today and still lost. Other teams are improving we are sliding, it's very upsetting to concede or even fathom but our season has already been shaped.

I got 7/4 a few weeks ago. At least ill get some drinks when we go down

History of us winning stuff when the world was filmed in black and white and a European cup and relegation a few seasons later, with a couple of league cups after. The last of which over 16 years ago.

We, like every other club deserve nothing. You earn success. The club deserve to be where we are now. Us fans however deserve a **** medal each for paying money to watch this shit

Well said, exactly how I feel. It's embarrassing when fans think their fans have a right to be in the upper echelons of the Premier League (like Liverpool), or when fans harp on about past successes over and over because they haven't had anything to brag about for 30 years (like some of our fans).

But after the last three seasons, it's not too much to ask that we have a team who at least plays to a certain standard and with some damn passion.

Edited by Ginko

I got 7/4 a few weeks ago. At least ill get some drinks when we go down

I just sold my business I ran for 3 years I built from scratch last month for just over 10k which I was going to use towards a mortgage deposit.

If we are still in this position at the start of February with no decent signings made and the bookies are still giving even money for the drop then I will actually be tempted to "put my house on it" as it were. - 20k would come in very handy!

{IF I WERE TO LOSE THEN ID EXPECT RANDY LERNER TO RETURN THE FAVOUR AND BUY ME A HOUSE AS A CELEBRATION OF US BEATING THE DROP!} :D

I'm sure you're joking but just in case your serious...DON'T DO IT!!!

The football gods always help the founders of football when it counts. If you don't believe me watch the first 20 minutes of villa v Swansea!

The wise man would have put their money on prior to yesterdays match where the odds where 2.79 rather than 2. That's one hell of a movement after only 1 games... probably unprecedented, but compounded by the fact none of the teams around us lost and as you rightly say, all other teams are improving whilst we are declining at a rate of knots.

Newcastle will climb out of it, they have agreed a £10m fee for Loic Remy and already signed French International Debuchy

players we can only dream of, even though we are in pretty much the same position

Sunderland are on the way up now and wont have finished their spending

Reading QPR and Southampton are showing fight and resilience

Wigan have form in surviving year after year

I actually think we will slip to 19th after the Baggies game

bye bye premiership

To be honest I cam easily see us finishing bottom.Sometimes stats dont lie we dont score we cant defend we have lost 2 games to relegation rivals conceding 4 scoring none.We at this moment are doomed..and worse our next 2 games are on Tv we are going to get embarressed by our local rivals and a league 2 side at this rate.