Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

FFS

How did we let this happen that a team like bloody Stoke come to Villa Park and we are only hopeful that we may sneak a point off them?

Bad times :(

I've never expected us to beat Stoke since they came up. In fact we've only beaten them once since then. Can't stand the diving, thuggish bunch of pricks and I would absolutely love to see us smash them on Saturday. Expect some really biased officiating though because Stoke are up there with the likes of Man United and Man City for getting decisions their way.

In days gone by we'd expect a win, but with our team of pre-pubescents and the occasional big bloke, we can't expect to beat a team with considerably more experience and a fair bit of quality too.

Bah yes we can :D

Nonsense like this is part of Villa's problem, fans thinking who we 'were' has any baring on what we're doing now!

Ask a Forest fan...

Not only that but Stoke are an established mid-table club now with a bit if a hoodoo over us. I hate playing Stoke. In fact, I **** hate everything about Stoke.

It's about time we gave them a drubbing.

There away form isn't great. This is the sort of game we should be winning if we are an improving team.

the thing is, getting a point against stoke is almost seen as an achievement because of the way they play, i was born way after the don revie era at leeds, but most people i speak to say that leeds were bad at football when they won there trophys junder revie but todays stoke are even worse. i dont hate stoke, its pulis i hate, baseball cap rocket polisher.

Nonsense like this is part of Villa's problem, fans thinking who we 'were' has any baring on what we're doing now!

Ask a Forest fan...

The point is, it was only a couple of short seasons ago that they were being promoted and struggling to say in the division whilst we were a team in the same bracket as Everton and Spurs fighting for a Champions League place.

They have gone on to be managed well and improved season after season. We have been managed appallingly at all levels and have plummeted off a cliff. We now bracket ourselves with the promoted sides.

The point is, it was only a couple of short seasons ago that they were being promoted and struggling to say in the division whilst we were a team in the same bracket as Everton and Spurs fighting for a Champions League place.

They have gone on to be managed well and improved season after season. We have been managed appallingly at all levels and have plummeted off a cliff. We now bracket ourselves with the promoted sides.

Football is cyclical. Surely almost 150 years after its "invention" that much is obvious. Christ, we've been to the third tier and back. We've also been crowned the best team in the world.

Football is in many ways a metaphor for life. Round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows....

I'd still love this club if it was me and you watching them down Sheldon country park every week, bringing our boots just in case.

I think we just need to target some abusive chants at them and the way they play. Really want to throw some abuse at them just to channel some negative energy out of me.

Won't work, they feed off that

FFS

How did we let this happen that a team like bloody Stoke come to Villa Park and we are only hopeful that we may sneak a point off them?

I made the same passing comment in the QPR match thread and got the same replies as you. "god, we're not as good as we were you know!!1! derr!"

I think this is absolutely spot on. Our current position is a self-inflicted wound, or more like the result of the club repeatedly shooting itself in the foot.

Any attempts to talk around this, argue that football is "cyclical", etc. are just blah IMO. It's long time since we were in this bad a way,.

We were relegated just 4 years after being crowned Champions of Europe. I don't remember people running around shitting themselves that season. Then again, VT didn't exist then.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "people running around shitting themselves" but if you mean the fans weren't massively concerned, and didn't see this as a major disaster for the club, I think you couldn't be more wrong.

Stoke are crap. They are the 6th biggest spenders at the moment - not sustainable for them. Their bubble will burst. I think we will deal with them on Saturday

Really hoping we can get a comfortable victory on Saturday. Just for the nerves. Would be nice to get a bit of space between us and the drop zone now that we are 15th, which is quite an achievement given out inconsistent we have been this season.

IMO we have, at times, looked the worst team in the league yet we are still 15th. Looking forward to January when hopefully Lambert can get more quality in the squad and get us further up the table.