Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Still concerning regards relegation. Southampton are starting to win games & you can see QPR doing the same very soon & i'm sure they'll be spending again in Jan too now Arry's there. So still very much in the melting pot & we need another 28 points or so or 7 wins & 7 draws from 23 games to take us to 42 points. It could actually be a very close thing again this season as there don't appear to be many sides above us who could get dragged in either. Stoke are winning as are Fulham, Wigan, West Ham & the other usual suspects.. the only ones who look at risk are possibly Sunderland but surely MON will drag them up at some point?

I am unhappy with 4 points. Honestly I expected 6 against these two crap teams. Better than less though I guess.

I am also tired of our new status as relegation battlers, I expect Villa to destroy the likes of QPR & Reading.

Oddly I am more behind Lambert than ever though. I feel we have a very good manager who is always thinking, perhaps sometimes too much for his own good, but thinking and planning all the time, which makes us unpredictable. I like that.

I am unhappy with 4 points. Honestly I expected 6 against these two crap teams. Better than less though I guess.

I am also tired of our new status as relegation battlers, I expect Villa to destroy the likes of QPR & Reading.

Oddly I am more behind Lambert than ever though. I feel we have a very good manager who is always thinking, perhaps sometimes too much for his own good, but thinking and planning all the time, which makes us unpredictable. I like that.

One day we will have the force again to beat teams with ease but right now we've just started building that force.

I fear for us against Stoke as they are the typical "strong solid & experienced old pro's" type team who we seem to struggle against as evidenced over the last few years. It is against these sides when our inexperience seems to come to the fore as they just know 1 too many old tricks for our lads.. So i am quite concerned about this game.

If we can pull it off & win against them then that will be the surest sign of progress we have seen to date in my opinion so fingers crossed.

yep, draw against stoke and we're unbeaten in 4 games, but then we have a couple of tricky games. we are ever so slight favourites and getting 3 points at home more than not would see us comfortably mid table by the end of the season. very hard game though stoke, big physical test for our lads and i'd like to see us bossing possession and getting them knackered chasing shadows so we can create chances.

3 points from the game against stoke would be a sign of good progress.

But yeah, a draw would be OK

I don't think a point is enough, this is one of the fixtures we need to be winning or you'll be needing them to pull rabbits out of hats against top 8 teams

14 points from 15 games is pathetic. Even under the worst manager in our history last season we had 19 points after 15 games and just about avoided relegation by a narrow margin.

Lerner has to open his cheque book in January and Lambert has to spend wisely to significantly strengthen the quality of the squad or we will be in deep shit come May.

14 points from 15 games is pathetic. Even under the worst manager in our history last season we had 19 points after 15 games and just about avoided relegation by a narrow margin.

I don't know why people keep throwing this stat around. We had an ok start to the season under McShit it was the second half of the season that did it for him. What's to say we won't have a good second half of the season?
  • Like 2

Lerner has to open his cheque book in January and Lambert has to spend wisely to significantly strengthen the quality of the squad or we will be in deep shit come May.

last year after getting 19 from 15, we went on to get a further 19 from 23 games. consistently looking shitter and shitter.

i would expect our return from the next 23 games to be more than 30 points, we will improve throughout the season and there will be some more new faces in jan. this is a long term thing and whilst i agree some new faces will be welcome in january i'd hope they are a continuation of the type of player already signed. benteke, vlaar and westwood are the standout signings but lowton, bennett and KEA i think will eventually be up there with them 3 too. that's 6 players without counting players coming through that have been promoted to the first team. that's a massive change in personnel and there has been a massive change in tactics too. i think that goes some way to explaining the start we've had.

I don't know why people keep throwing this stat around. We had an ok start to the season under McShit it was the second half of the season that did it for him. What's to say we won't have a good second half of the season?

I only deal with statistics and facts. Wishful thinking, speculation and hope are for others.

I expect Villa to destroy the likes of QPR & Reading.

That's nice but unless you haven't taken note of our current situation I find it hard to understand how anyone can expect us to just turn up and destroy anyone in this league. You've gotta be in cloud cuckoo land to think otherwise, we're just simply not good enough to destroy even the likes of Reading.

5 points from our last 3 games is a good return for us, I wasn't happy with the approach yesterday but the result is hardly the end of the world.