Rino8

That is harsh, if he'd done Ivanovic some serious harm you could understand it, you wouldn't get that for trying to deliberately break someones leg on the pitch.

It's not the point though. If you make a bad tackle, most of the time it's a pure accident. He has intentionally tried to harm someone. Not acceptable and 10 games is totally fair given his previous.

This is all very, very funny.

He tried to bite someone, he got punished for it.

OR
THE FA IS RACIST AND HAS AN AGENDA AGAINST LIVERPOOL FC.

I know which one I believe. There are some players that bring out the best of the mad scousers, and this one is right up there. Funny, when Fellani is being a naughty boy Moyes says "It's out of order. I'll discipline him". Everton must be pissing themselves...

"We need to properly go to war with the FA over this. We've been used, time and time again by those aging, incompetent, racist, scouse hating c*nts. Enough. No **** more." - Red_Isle_Chap

**** me they really are a bunch of scouse word removed's arent they.

Although it is right that they have thrown the book at him I think it is stupid that Defoe only got a yellow card for the same offence.

Quite right. The can't punish if the ref saw it rule is ridiculous.

That is harsh, if he'd done Ivanovic some serious harm you could understand it, you wouldn't get that for trying to deliberately break someones leg on the pitch.

It's not the point though. If you make a bad tackle, most of the time it's a pure accident. He has intentionally tried to harm someone. Not acceptable and 10 games is totally fair given his previous.

Agreed. If this happened outside the stadium, he'd be charged with assault and battery.

I don't really agree because a wreckless challenge like we saw from mcmanaman could have ended the guys career, and that went unpunished. Wheras the Suarez so-called bite didn't even break skin because if there had of been a serious mark there the ref would have show him the red card. So obviously there was no real intent to hurt the guy but it was a stupid thing to do.

I don't really agree because a wreckless challenge like we saw from mcmanaman could have ended the guys career, and that went unpunished. Wheras the Suarez so-called bite didn't even break skin because if there had of been a serious mark there the ref would have show him the red card. So obviously there was no real intent to hurt the guy but it was a stupid thing to do.

The McManaman tackle was seen by the officials, there-for no punishment could have been taken after the game.

The Suarez incident was not seen, there-for, punishment could be taken.

^ The FA Rules, same for all players, teams etc.

RAWK

"Stunned, just...stunned! The club needs to fight this all the way now, make some **** noise this time! The English FA is the laughing stock of the whole football world, so random, headless and stuck in the past it's beyond rediculous"

Seriously, this has got nothing to do with anything. Tackling is part of the game, even a tackle that is not even a free-kick can break a leg and ruin a career so to speak. A revengeful tackle a la Keane and Joey Barton is something different, the tackle from McManaman is incredibly bad but it is also part of the game. Tackling IS allowed, if you do it badly you get a red card and 3 games out - thus the system has red cards and suspensions. I would say nothing if McManaman had gotten 6 games for that tackle, but the system is flawed as we all know.

Biting is not part of the game, that's for dogs and other animals. It's impossible to explain why a player bites another player without being tackled badly or kicked in the nuts first, where some mild form of explanation would have been present. It's the lowest form of treatment for another human-being alongside spitting and that is why it should be punished severely. People are also mentioning the fact that Suarez got less games for his racist comments towards Patrice Evra. I think there is an important distinction; namely that Suarez is not admitted racist, he merely used offensive words to cause effect (like most people on here do every single day when they think about it). He does not have anything against Evra's color, but he knew Evra would be put off by it. I think biting a guy is much lower than saying bad words to another and deserves exactly the ban he got.

Question though; will he get 10 games + 2 for the ten yellow cards he has collected in the Prem this season? Which means 12 games?

• Like 3

Seriously, this has got nothing to do with anything. No intent to hurt the guy? What? He BITES him! You call it a so-called bite as well, he practically locks in like a badger, even twice after missing the first attempt.

Tackling is part of the game, even a tackle that is not even a free-kick can break a leg and ruin a career so to speak. A revengeful tackle a la Keane and Joey Barton is something different, the tackle from McManaman is incredibly bad but it is also part of the game. Tackling IS allowed, if you do it badly you get a red card and 3 games out - thus the system has red cards and suspensions. I would say nothing if McManaman had gotten 6 games for that tackle, but the system is flawed as we all know.

Biting is not part of the game, that's for dogs and other animals. It's impossible to explain why a player bites another player without being tackled badly or kicked in the nuts first, where some mild form of explanation would have been present. It's the lowest form of treatment for another human-being alongside spitting and that is why it should be punished severely. People are also mentioning the fact that Suarez got less games for his racist comments towards Patrice Evra. I think there is an important distinction; namely that Suarez is not admitted racist, he merely used offensive words to cause effect (like most people on here do every single day when they think about it). He does not have anything against Evra's color, but he knew Evra would be put off by it. I think biting a guy is much lower than saying bad words to another and deserves exactly the ban he got.

Question though; will he get 10 games + 2 for the ten yellow cards he has collected in the Prem this season? Which means 12 games?

Â