Henke Joins Villa as Head of Scouting

dudevillaisnice

Bit of a pattern developing though?

1. Scout joins, is heralded as Next Big Thing.

2, No-one gets scouted - or at least no-one they have scouted gets bought.

3. Scout leaves a few months on for a job with a smaller club.

Edited by briny_ear

Bit of a pattern developing though?

1. Scout joins, is heralded as Next Big Thing.

2, No-one gets scouted - or at least no-one they have scouted gets bought.

3. Scout leaves a few months on for a job with a smaller club.

Or

1. Scout joins, is heralded as Next Big Thing, starts to scout players in 4 months.

2, There is then a 4 month period when the transfer window is not open and so club unable to sign players scouted.

3. Scout is highly though of as per point one and so is offered promotion at a club in a league he knows well.

But like I say anyone can put whatever spin they want on news coming out of the club at the minute

• Like 1

Oh dear. I can guess what probably has happened. Henke has suggested a number of players, all of whom have been rejected by Lerner due to fees. Not good. My stomach is turning as I let this news sink in.

• Like 1

Well of course that's the negative spin yes. There is more than likely another more valid reason but lets not let that stop the constant negativity.

It's hard not to view this in a negative light, as the guy had only taken the scouting job last summer....the allure of F.C. Mongenlachscteinbach can't be that irresistible...

No, this is not a drill.

In fact, the thread title could use an update

No, I mean the collective gnashing of teeth over a scout leaving to become a coach. If I didn't know any better I'd guess it was an attempt at satire.

I'm not a big fan of the state this club is in but come on, this is taking it a step too far. Aside from it being a potential step up in pay there's the lifestyle angle to consider as well as the guy making a simple career choice. Yet we come up with twaddle like "rats. sinking. ship.". It's **** nauseating.

Thanks for the graft Henke, I've no idea if you will be missed but i hope you've left us a few gems in the pipeline.

• Like 1