Henke Joins Villa as Head of Scouting

dudevillaisnice

Nice interview from the man in question. Seems a smart and likable sort of bloke.

But let's face it: Head of European Scouting for Aston Villa? It's like being head of the Bolivian navy.

He's probably lighting cigars and chuckling to himself as he recites his job title under his breath.

He is old enough to remember that some time in the early 80s we beat Bayern Munich to win a certain cup.

Yeah, but (insert slightly unfair joke about being old enough to remember the last time we signed a player scouted from Yurp).

Encouraging news for the near and long-term future.

I echo the earlier comments about high earners being sold if they are not worthy of these wages and replaced by hungrier players on half as much.

I would imagine Henke already had a working dossier of players currently being monitored as part of his interview process.

Although we are greatly in need of a LB at the present moment I wonder where finding a new goalkeeper sits in the order of priority?

Sounds good to me.Looks like Lambert knows how to run a club the proper way.

Unlike last seasons complete and utter shambles.When you look at what Lambert is trying to do here ( and the season has`ent started yet ) and compare it to AMC the points would be Lambert 100, AMc minus 500.

this is fantastic news isn't it? agree completely that it looks like a PL appointment given his connections with hitzfeld. a great move too and one that shows some long termism if you ask me along with the hope of some intelligent rebuilding.

great stuff all round!

Whisper it quietly, but maybe we should also get a new head of domestic scouting ...

'

''Villa's domestic database of player analysis is overseen by Patrick Riley, with tools from Amisco being utilised for statistical background to enhance the club's knowledge in the recruitment process. Gareth Payne provides analysis of opposition players.''

from OS, won't these two guys help for that? surely what they will be doing will help with domestic scouting

Whisper it quietly, but maybe we should also get a new head of domestic scouting ...

We are in Europe so Henke's job also depends on him scouting here and modern technology means Lambert himself can scout formations and danger players of upcoming opponents himself.

It seems the attention to detail is creeping back in.... sounds good news.

Just remember one of Ron Saunders major successes was bringing in Tony Barton & Roy McLaren.

Excellent appointment. I look forward to him uncovering the next Stefan Beinlich or Dariusz Kubicki.

Let us not forget Matthias Breitkreutz.

Thank you! His name escaped me this morning! I would have mentioned him otherwise, but didn't want to refer to him as 'the other German.'

• 4 months later...

Just to top off a so far great day...

FC Ingolstadt hope to announce Henke as their assistant manager...

: FC Ingolstadt is in search of a co-trainer for Tomas Oral against a coup. As the Donaukurier reports will undertake the FCI Michael Henke.

Ingolstadt (SID) - football second division side FC Ingolstadt, is apparently in search of a co-trainer for Tomas Oral against a coup. As the Donaukurier reports will undertake the FCI Michael Henke, the longtime assistant of Ottmar Hitzfeld with Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich. The 55-year-old Henke currently serves as chief scout of the English first division club Aston Villa. FCI General Manager Thomas Linke has trained with Bayern once under Henke and his boss Hitzfeld. Henke should sign up on Monday. Then the FCI traveling training camp in Belek.

Source

Theres also a quote a Villa fan on twitter has found where FC Ingolstadt have apparently said:

Peter Stempel @PeterStempel

Just stumbled over the news that #AVFCchief scout Michael Henke has been offered to role of ass. manager at FC Ingolstadt. Interesting. FC Ingolstadt: "I hope that we can present our man soon." That might not be news to you? I had no idea however.#AVFC

Edited by HalfTimePost