Henke Joins Villa as Head of Scouting

dudevillaisnice

If we have made a big name in football circles as our head of scouting I wonder if Randy intends to spend some of his Cleveland Browns money after all.

Surely we would not appoint somebody like Henke and say go and find a load of Bosmans????

If we have made a big name in football circles as our head of scouting I wonder if Randy intends to spend some of his Cleveland Browns money after all.

Surely we would not appoint somebody like Henke and say go and find a load of Bosmans????

I think Lerner is lining up to spend big again in a season or two, I think he just wants the shit gone.

I think Lerner is lining up to spend big again in a season or two, I think he just wants the shit gone.

The only shit we are desperate to sell are Hutton and warnock and it was rumoured that Hutton was not on stupid wages.

If we do have money I don't see why we would need to wait for these 2 to be sold before we spent it.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Hopefully this appointment means we don't have to rely on Lerner spending a decent amount of money. Hopefully we can identify cheap players to come in and lambert can get the best out of them and develop them.

Ive been saying for a while this is a long term project more than just about one window.

Lambert will be backed and there is more to that than just transfer fees, although I still expect a fair wedge to be spent ;-)

Doesn't make much sense to

Makes complete sense, for too long we've had too many players on high wages doing naff all. Mostly cause Lerner trusted his managers too much.

Now it's clear that only signings that are really wanted will be bought.

As we don't have a bottless pit of cash that people are so desperate for what's wrong with freeing up some cash by getting rid of shit players and their contracts for players that are wanted.

Makes complete sense and is very sensible.

Agreed. Also makes me think that if we got good offers for Gabby, Ireland or Given we would sell. All three are reportedly on £55k plus and I dont think any of them warrant that wage I think PL thinks he can get the same level of quality abroad and in the lower leagues.