Henke Joins Villa as Head of Scouting

dudevillaisnice

Yes, after a bit of scouting (pick me!) it turns out he left in February to be Assistant Manager again in the 2nd tier in Germany.

Ingolstadt - Before the game at FSV Frankfurt FC Ingolstadt could clarify the co-trainer of Personnel. Michael Henke, most recently as chief scout for Europe at the English Premiere League club Aston Villa, is the new assistant head coach Tomas Oral. The 55-year-old will officially take up his training for the morning activity (11 clock) on Friday. His contract runs until 2014.

FCI coach Tomas Oral pleased with the gain in the coaching team. "I am very happy that we have managed to have such an experienced man for the FCI and look forward to working closely" Michael Henke is also enthusiastic about his new involvement in the Schanzern: "The FCI is an ambitious second division, I am here to pursue my favorite activity again - this is the work with the players on the court."

Co Hitzfeld at Bayern and BVB

The native Bürener as an assistant coach at his long-standing commitment to Borussia Dortmund (1989-98) and Bayern Munich (1998-2004 and 2007-2008) was known. There are also head coach's involvement in Gütersloh (1988-89) and Kaiserslautern (2005). Henke in Saarbrücken in 2006 was working as a sports director. After he had held the role of chief analyst at Bayern from 2008 to 2009, led him to be another way beyond 1 FC Köln and Esthegial Tehran (Iran) to England.

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga2/news/2012/0000239382.php'>here

Shame after the OS did such an extravagant bio of him! In reality, though, I really think it's Lambert with the eye for the player so I'm not too concerned. I'm sure we'll bring someone in to replace Henke, if we haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the chief scout doesn't do anything and Lambert does all his own scouting so we probably shouldn't bother replacing Henke.

Give Lambert whatever wage was set aside for a head scout and get him working double shifts.

Was wondering what was happening with our scouting system after the departure of Henke... Lambert may well have "the eye" but he can only cover so much ground lets be honest & we do need help with this area surely? I see a system where our scouts flag up potential players who then get sifted by the head scout & then finally the remaining ones decided on by PL personally? Surely he wouldn't have time to do this whole process on his lonesome?.. But then what do i know :lol:

We need a scouting network, which can help us find the right players all the time. Lambert may have an excellent eye for a player but we still need scouts.

Yeh, Henke probably says to him, "Here at Ingolstadt we can actually afford to buy the players we scout."

pointless dig for nothing?

No, I think you probably meant this comment for the Groundsman thread?

Well do you have any proof that Henke recommended a player and we couldnt afford to sign them?

Yeh, Henke probably says to him, "Here at Ingolstadt we can actually afford to buy the players we scout."

Well do you have any proof that Henke recommended a player and we couldnt afford to sign them?

Do you have any proof that in January - the first real window for which Henke would have done the scouting - we bought all the players on his list?

BTW I'm stung that you didn't get my joke about the groundsman thread. Pointless dig, groundsman, geddit?

Do you have any proof that in January - the first real window for which Henke would have done the scouting - we bought all the players on his list?

BTW I'm stung that you didn't get my joke about the groundsman thread. Pointless dig, groundsman, geddit?

Do you have any proof at all that we're not still looking to bring some of those players in?

Seriously, give it a rest.