The Midfield

Condimentalist

We've been getting a few ourselves recently, which is very un-Villa. We're not going to be CL material next season. If we get a good turnaround on the previous season and it's all going in the right direction then I'm not going to throw a spaz if there are a few speedbumps along the way.

At least we would have given it a go, instead of just accepting losing 3-0, I would rather we lose 4-3..

thats not the correct comparision.

more like: instead of accepting a 2-0 loss, we give it a good go, but end up losing 4-0 instead. would you be happy with that?

(btw, i would).

I think we need someone like N'Daw sat just in front of Vlaar & Baker

FFS is this the N´Daw that played for The Shit? Wasn´t he really really bad?

I know I know, dont feed the troll...

At least we would have given it a go, instead of just accepting losing 3-0, I would rather we lose 4-3..

thats not the correct comparision.

more like: instead of accepting a 2-0 loss, we give it a good go, but end up losing 4-0 instead. would you be happy with that?

(btw, i would).

Yeah.. As long as we actually tried to win the match!

IF malaga are in the sh*te !! Jeremy Toulalan - go get him Lambert........... ideal for us and will fill the Petrov Shaped hole were inevitably going to miss

IF malaga are in the sh*te !! Jeremy Toulalan - go get him Lambert........... ideal for us and will fill the Petrov Shaped hole were inevitably going to miss

He must be on 80-100k though..

Is he - **** him then - hes shit !!

Not 100% sure, but it must be at least 70k..

Gotta love a bit of guess work! it's not 70 - go on, have another go ;)

How much is he on?

How much is he on?

No idea mate - was bored and taking the mick as you were guessing his wages.

Feel free to abuse me!

That would protect the back line and allow players like KEA / Ireland to be more progressive up the field

Are you a retard?

Harsh and no need!

That would protect the back line and allow players like KEA / Ireland to be more progressive up the field

I think you're right CI

That tactic could be effective and it seems Lambert may want to play a similar way.

Certainly with the midfield being mobile and protecting the back four, with someone (The way he's used Bannan in some pre-season) coming to the defenders to collect the ball and begin the attack.

Maybe not N'Daw but like you say someone like him. Annan possibly, Makoun :)

You'd like to think we've been scouting this elusive DCM for a while and are perhaps close to landing someone

Would love Nigel De Jong but thats not gonna happen so a similar player to that would be good

Are you a retard?

Are you? Seems like a reasonable idea and seems like the way Lambert would like to play.

If we do bring in a defensive midfielder, it has to be someone like (I said like. I know not as good as) Yaya Toure who can defend well but can also make driving, powerful runs up field.

I saw Clark do that a couple times last season. I liked him in the position, but it might be nice to bring someone in for that role.

i think KEA may well be the closest you are going to get to this hard case destroyer in fron of the back 4 that some of you are crying out for.

i don't think PL's game calls for one either. i think he will organise us to get the ball back with good pressing and movement without the ball. certainly a lot of the quotes from the players have been talking about good running on the ball and off the ball in both phases.

i could well be wrong and he's looking for a way to push KEA up the field but i doubt it, i think KEA will line up with bannan/herd/gardner/makoun as the two most withdrawn CMs and there will be ireland, zog/holman or zog and holman in front of them.

I'd play Herd too due to his tacklin ability and jumping feats as Wet Spam will play the percentage game and get the ball into the danger zone as much as they can.

My midfield would be -

---------Herd----KEA---------

Bannan----------------Holman

------------Ireland------------

There is not much in that midfield really. Its very very short on quality

Â