The Midfield

Condimentalist

To be honest any midfield containing Ireland and NZogbia does not sit well with me

When they choose to play well they both have quality, how often they choose to play well is sadly up to them and nobody else. The odds on them both playing well at the same time are slim

Really quite intrigued to see what formation Lambert goes with, we don't have 2 decent proven wingers to rub together anymore, but nor to we have a DM that'll just sit in front of the defence judging by KEA in pre-season. 4-3-2-1 I guess would suit the players we have.

Really quite intrigued to see what formation Lambert goes with, we don't have 2 decent proven wingers to rub together anymore, but nor to we have a DM that'll just sit in front of the defence judging by KEA in pre-season. 4-3-2-1 I guess would suit the players we have.

Initially, when Lambert was first appointed, before any pre-season, interviews or anything, I thought he'd play 4-3-2-1 mainly,

Then in preseason he seemed to go for a 4-4-2 but maybe injuries have turned that in to a 4-4-1-1.

But I still think, they'll be different formations to face different sides, as he likes to mix it up a bit but the core, simplifying it completely will be a 4-5-1.

4-5-1 under Lambert can mould in to a 4-4-2, 4-4-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-2-1 etc.

It'll be mobile and adaptable anyway :) Which I think you need to be in the Premiership.

IF malaga are in the sh*te !! Jeremy Toulalan - go get him Lambert........... ideal for us and will fill the Petrov Shaped hole were inevitably going to miss

He must be on 80-100k though..

Is he - **** him then - hes shit !!

Not 100% sure, but it must be at least 70k..

Gotta love a bit of guess work! it's not 70 - go on, have another go ;)

How much is he on?

No idea mate - was bored and taking the mick as you were guessing his wages.

Feel free to abuse me!

lol, pretty sure its 70k.. Well not anymore, Malaga can't afford to pay their players!

I hate the 4-3-2-1 formation. Against better teams it turns into a 4-5-1 very quickly with the gap between the 5 and the 1 usually about 40 yards

Why not go 4-2-3-1?

It becomes a 4-5-1 too easily. You need to have a talented squad to make this formation work which is one thing we dont have

Why not go 4-2-3-1?

It becomes a 4-5-1 too easily. You need to have a talented squad to make this formation work which is one thing we dont have

Stick Holman and CNZ on either wing, and Ireland through the middle, with bent up top.

Holman isnt a great player and if Ireland and Nzogbia have one of their cant be arsed days which is inevitable at some point then Bent gets left isolated.

I dont really like the idea of starting both Ireland and Nzogbia, they are both too lazy

Why not go 4-2-3-1?

Stick Holman and CNZ on either wing, and Ireland through the middle, with bent up top.

Holman isnt a great player and if Ireland and Nzogbia have one of their cant be arsed days which is inevitable at some point then Bent gets left isolated.

I dont really like the idea of starting both Ireland and Nzogbia, they are both too lazy

This

However... isnt gabby injured ? If so im not looking forward to starting with weimann and bent up front first game if we play 4-4-2. i want more goddamitt :D

Why not go 4-2-3-1?

Simply not true that Ireland's lazy. Fits into the stereotype because he drives a pink car and wears snakeskin trousers but on the pitch he works as hard as anyone.

Ireland was our hardest worker last year.

Agreed, and it wasn't like he was only just putting in a little more effort than the rest either. I remember watching him closely a fair few times last season and he was constantly buzzing around trying to close down and he wanted the ball constantly.

I really don't get this nonsense. He is hardly involved in games, Chelsea away aside, what other game did he have any real influence on ??

I really don't get this nonsense. He is hardly involved in games, Chelsea away aside, what other game did he have any real influence on ??

Was hard for any player to have an influence last season!

Ireland worked his socks off last season, even if he couldn't be as creative as he would have liked!

Was hard for any player to have an influence last season!

Ireland worked his socks off last season, even if he couldn't be as creative as he would have liked!

He was the only light for me last season, and admittedly not a bright light.

But you can see that he is head an shoulders above anyone else in our squad. His vision and touch are first class.

He isn't a ball winner though, but I thought he'd imporved on that last season and learnt to get stuck in a bit more.

For me he needs to be floating behind the striker, or part of an attacking front 3.

Really looking forward to seeing him this season, with a proper pre-season, his head settled, a good relationship with the fans and a manager that will know how to use him.

Â