The Midfield

Condimentalist

I don't think KEA is the enforcer as some are saying

Thats not what he's about

I think he could do that role but it's not his natural game. He and Bannan were both ahead of the ball time and again against Forest and that's not going to work.

I think I'd actually play Herd with El Ahmadi against West Ham. I don't trust Delph and I think he'd give away too many set piece opportunities which Big Sam would relish. Harsh on Bannan but we need to get the balance right.

we should do all we can to get huddlestone. that guy is an absolute beast

Good grief. Has it really come to that level of desperation ?

There's a reason he doesn't get a look in at Spurs. He's about as mobile as a led zeppelin

Feyenoord said he was.

Going on the pre season games so far, he doesn't look anything like an enforcer

He's a nimble quick thinking link player to my eyes. If we're hoping he'll be getting stuck in and being that kind of player i just can't see it

I don't think he is going to be as good as some believe either.

There's a reason he doesn't get a look in at Spurs.

He plays every important game for them. He spent last season injured. What AVB decides might be different but he very much 'got a look in' under Harry.

I'd play Herd too due to his tacklin ability and jumping feats as Wet Spam will play the percentage game and get the ball into the danger zone as much as they can.

My midfield would be -

---------Herd----KEA---------

Bannan----------------Holman

------------Ireland------------

Personally, I rate Huddlestone, or at least I did. However, he hasn't played much over the last couple of seasons so I'm not sure how good he is now. Then again, Spurs have some pretty good quality midfielders so maybe it's harsh to judge him.

He may not be mobile, but he seems like he wants to play and he scores some cracking goals. I'd rather we go for a more defensive-minded midfielder though, although I think we've brought in all the midfielders we're going to.

watch the youtube vid, most of it is him covering a lot of ground to win the ball back get his head up and pick out a great pass.

watch the youtube vid, most of it is him covering a lot of ground to win the ball back get his head up and pick out a great pass.

:thumb:

I think away to certain teams like Wet Spam, and Stoke etc he'll need a Herd alongside him but I'm hoping he'll be our Michael Carrick :!:

I think we need someone like N'Daw sat just in front of Vlaar & Baker

That would protect the back line and allow players like KEA / Ireland to be more progressive up the field

The one thing I'm not worried about is our tactics going into a game. As Zhan suggests, depending on venue and opposition, we will go into games best prepared tactically and personnel-wise for whatever we face and we will give every opponent a go.

Â