Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

My bet is he wont play for us again and will be fit just in time to join his new club

Can we stop with the absurd conspiracy theories? He limped off in the middle of an international game - same goes for his earlier injury where we all saw it happen against Hull.

I beg to differ rodders. You think Vlaar was the best defender, in the world, available for the money we spent? Unlikely.

About £3m and £25k a week in wages, I would say we got a good deal. Yes.

Did we get the best player in the world for money spent though, probably not, but football is not that easy. You can't scout every player in the world, you can't get bargains all the time, you can't get the very best player for money spent in every position.

If it was that simple then everyone would do it.

What we got was a player who has played a massive part in keeping us up, one who, I am sure wasn't here the past two years would have saw us relegated.

Was Benteke the best player in the world we could have got for our money?

What am I even arguing here..

It should hardly come as a surprise that the useless arse is injured again. He's got all the physical toughness of a 90 year old lady. 'Concrete' was obviously an ironic nickname.

• Like 1

Vlaar has been a very decent player for us and for the fee and wages has been good value. However why when we handed out new contracts to Westwood and Lowton we didn't do the same for Vlaar is beyond me? This is Faulkners and Lerners mess!

My bet is he wont play for us again and will be fit just in time to join his new club

Can we stop with the absurd conspiracy theories? He limped off in the middle of an international game - same goes for his earlier injury where we all saw it happen against Hull.

What absurd conspiracy is this? Ive just said I bet he will not play for us again and be fit in time to join his new club.  Where is the conspiracy there?

What absurd conspiracy is this? Ive just said I bet he will not play for us again and be fit in time to join his new club.  Where is the conspiracy there?

in the ether between the fabric of words lies the conspiracy

I agree Rob, he is not that good. And he is out for half the games and don't have any resell value. Delph on the other hand..............

No he isn't. He missed 11 games out of 38 in his first season and 6 last season.

And how many this season? Who cares what he did the first season? :-) 

I agree Rob, he is not that good. And he is out for half the games and don't have any resell value. Delph on the other hand..............

No he isn't. He missed 11 games out of 38 in his first season and 6 last season.

He has played in 7 out of 11 games. 7 is half of 11 now.

I beg to differ rodders. You think Vlaar was the best defender, in the world, available for the money we spent? Unlikely.

Did we get the best player in the world for money spent though, probably not, but football is not that easy. You can't scout every player in the world, you can't get bargains all the time, you can't get the very best player for money spent in every position.

What we got was a player who has played a massive part in keeping us up, one who, I am sure wasn't here the past two years would have saw us relegated.

You're arguing your original post rod. No-one said we didn't get a good deal. Someone said to you 'other defenders of the same ability, without injury proneness weren't available?' and you said 'not for the money Lambert is given', or something similar. Don't blame me that you made a daft point.

You're thinking black and white. You need to think more grey (aliens).

It should hardly come as a surprise that the useless arse is injured again. He's got all the physical toughness of a 90 year old lady. 'Concrete' was obviously an ironic nickname.

You reckon you could take him?

Just kick him in the calf :D

• Like 2

What we got was a player who has played a massive part in keeping us up, one who, I am sure wasn't here the past two years would have saw us relegated.

You're arguing your original post rod. No-one said we didn't get a good deal. Someone said to you 'other defenders of the same ability, without injury proneness weren't available?' and you said 'not for the money Lambert is given', or something similar. Don't blame me that you made a daft point.

Okay then, since we signed Vlaar, who for £3m has moved to a PL club and performed at PL level that we would have been better off with?

It was certainly implied, at least that's how I saw it. Apologies if I misinterpreted it. I know there were some people who thought he wasn't really injured in September.

He's missed 4 out of 11.

The first season matters because according to you he's out for half the games yet this hasn't been close to true in either his first or second season, nor is it the case for this season so far.

Hiddink said its not the same calf as that healed but 'it does not look good'

Looks like he's out till January

Vlaar and Delph, both out of contract at the end of this season and both "injured until January"?

:detect:

Â