Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Some Saints fan I was talking to said he is 'too good for Villa'.

Riiiggghhhtt!

Maybe he is, but he's too good for them too. They don't seem to realise that they're in pretty much the same situation as us - part of 13 clubs that could go down.

Edited by Mantis

Riiiggghhhtt!

They are just feeling a bit silly at the moment as every decent palyer they have either has left or wants to leave, they have a strawberry blonde manager and have actually brought Shane Long for £12m? Most embarassed people lash out with stupid comments in a failed attempt to hide their own inadequacies?  

If Van Gaal really wanted him, I cant understand why he hasnt done anything? They surely would have had discussions during the WC regarding the matter

LVG: "you're in your last year at Villa, right?"

RV: "yeah, thank God"

LVG: "Well im taking over at United and have tonnes of cash to splash to make them a force again, and they have a dogshit defence now Rio, Evra and Vidic have gone, I want to play 3 at the back just like we have been all tournament long, I can see you're the shit and i want to make you my first signing"

RV: "Great, ill sign in an instant and ill settle for 50k p/w, Villa will sell too because thats what they do. They let the better players contracts run down so they dont really have a choice"

But there's been nothing and Lambert's comments last week sort of indicated to me that we were willing to sell if the right offer came in but now its too late and we are prepared to lose him for free as he is to important to lose at this stage 2 weeks into the season.

It's entirely possible that Vlaar wouldn't want to go to Manure and doesn't like LVG.

He does appear to be a complete rocket polisher so far.

He didn't get along with van Gaal at AZ, but he said he's since grown up a lot and got over it iirc

I didn't know that. However it's easier to put aside differences and ignore LVG's dickhead side for a few weeks while playing for your country. It's quite different having to work with him day in day out especially under pressure at Manure and in the PL.

Edited by TheAuthority

Riiiggghhhtt!

Maybe he is, but he's too good for them too. They don't seem to realise that they're in pretty much the same situation as us - part of 13 clubs that could go down.

14 clubs, you forgot Man Utd  :)

I think in typical fashion United will turn the corner against us, after all if any team needs a confidence boost, Villa Park is usually the place to be!

In all seriousness depends who we have up front, at the moment Clarke and Baker make their defence look poor. Lets hope who they bring in take a while to bed in.

Â