Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If the player in question doesn't want to sign a new contract (and that is probably the case with Vlaar) then there isn't much the club can do.

The club could be run better and have a plan to be competitive again, that might encourage players like Vlaar to stay rather than join teams like southampton.
Let's face it, it comes to down to wages at the end of the day. It's not even like Southampton have been that well run this summer.
Even though they have sold all their key players I still think they are a better prospect than us.

Wow what a quote. So what you're saying is that Southampton, who have sold the complete spine of their team and who we took 4pts off last season btw is a better option.

Unbelievable

Compared to our current state i'd say southampton are the better option, for starters they aren't owned by a man who doesn't want to be there.  They've been completely stripped this summer but they have a good manager, lots of money and it's yet to be seen what the plan for their future is.  We know what our future is and it's not clear we will manage to be sold any time soon.

Actually they are owned by a Lady who openly admits she has no interest in football.

The only thing that could stop this, might be that Ron himself might look at southampton and think are they much better than Villa - Being totally unbiased I would say southampton shade it - but there ain't much in it - maybe the opening few games will be an eye opener. I really think we are up against this season - and without Vlaar the chances of relegation increase massivley.

The way Lambert spoke today, I wonder how much say he has in the matter.

Compared to our current state i'd say southampton are the better option, for starters they aren't owned by a man who doesn't want to be there. They've been completely stripped this summer but they have a good manager, lots of money and it's yet to be seen what the plan for their future is. We know what our future is and it's not clear we will manage to be sold any time soon.

If the player in question doesn't want to sign a new contract (and that is probably the case with Vlaar) then there isn't much the club can do.

The club could be run better and have a plan to be competitive again, that might encourage players like Vlaar to stay rather than join teams like southampton.

Let's face it, it comes to down to wages at the end of the day. It's not even like Southampton have been that well run this summer.
Even though they have sold all their key players I still think they are a better prospect than us.
Wow what a quote. So what you're saying is that Southampton, who have sold the complete spine of their team and who we took 4pts off last season btw is a better option.

Unbelievable

I don't think Koeman would have taken the job unless he was going to be financial backed. We on the other hand are a bloody mess with no money and an owner that wants to get the hell outa dodge!

What the hell has getting 4 points against them got to do with anything?

Quite a lot actually when we're trying to stay in the League. We had our worst team in PL history but they still couldn't beat us.

Slightly off topic but who is our vice captain?

Gabby! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah! Oh.

I hope you're winding me up  :o

I don't know in all honesty, I'm just thinking back to the times Vlaar was injured last season, and Gabby got the arm band. 

Compared to our current state i'd say southampton are the better option, for starters they aren't owned by a man who doesn't want to be there. They've been completely stripped this summer but they have a good manager, lots of money and it's yet to be seen what the plan for their future is. We know what our future is and it's not clear we will manage to be sold any time soon.

A manager that is completely unproven in the PL and he's actually spend a large portion of the money they've received already. BTW £10m for Bertrand if the want to sign him at the end of the season, no way!

I'm sure Southampton future is as uncertain as ours since their Chairman left last season.

Anyway back OT, If Vlaar wants to go, let him. We took a chance on him after a bad injury and as long as we get a good fee, I'm confident we can find a replacement for £5-6m

Koeman 'would really like' Vlaar at Southampton

The Aston Villa defender won many admirers for his performances at the World Cup for Netherlands and the new Saints boss sees him as "a perfect addition to every group"

Southampton manager Ronald Koeman "would really like" to sign Ron Vlaar from Aston Villa.

The Netherlands international excelled as Louis van Gaal’s side finished third at the World Cup over the summer, sparking speculation of a move elsewhere.Koeman has previously indicated his interest in the centre-back but has now gone further, declaring Vlaar “a perfect addition to every group”.

"Vlaar became one of the best Oranje defenders at us, at Feyenoord [my old club]," he told Helden,. "And, at the last World Cup, he became one of the best of the tournament.

"He's a perfect addition to every group and a real leader. I would really like to have him at Southampton."

Koeman is in the market for a centre-back after Dejan Lovren's £20 million move to Liverpool, with Romanian defender Florian Gardos widely reported to be close to a switch to St Mary's Stadium.

Goal.

If he did say that its a clear case of tapping up and should be reported to the PL.

• Like 2

A manager that is completely unproven in the PL and he's actually spend a large portion of the money they've received already. BTW £10m for Bertrand if the want to sign him at the end of the season, no way!

I'm sure Southampton future is as uncertain as ours since their Chairman left last season.

Anyway back OT, If Vlaar wants to go, let him. We took a chance on him after a bad injury and as long as we get a good fee, I'm confident we can find a replacement for £5-6m

How they spend their money is their business. At least they have money to spend and are spending it.

I bet you they finish above us.

How they spend their money is their business. At least they have money to spend and are spending it.

I bet you they finish above us.

The only reason they've spent as much as they have is because they've sold half their team! I genuinely think they'll struggle.

Put a bid In koeman do things propaly. Not liking the change in attitude with Lambert.

Probably already has - or something pretty close to it - He wants Vlaar and knows he will have to agree a fee with Villa - it might be handled at CEO level - with Lambert in the dark.

The cynic in me wonders if the Vlaar fee is how we could afford to sign Cissokho\Sanchez....

I was one of them that thought Man United would come in for him. They still may do.

I don't think we would let him leave on a free. It's most likely sign a new contract or leave.

Dunno so much - If he leaves at the end of next season - we say loose out on an £8m fee - but relegation would cost us around £50-70m - 

It was only a week or two ago where Lambert said he won't be losing any players he doesn't want to lose. Something has obviously changed his stance on Vlaar, could also be the reason for the comment about loyalty.

• Like 1

I was one of them that thought Man United would come in for him. They still may do.

I don't think we would let him leave on a free. It's most likely sign a new contract or leave.

Dunno so much - If he leaves at the end of next season - we say loose out on an £8m fee - but relegation would cost us around £50-70m -

Yeah we know that but this is Villa we are talking about. I'm basing my theory on the way things have been done in the past. It rarely makes sense.

Yeah we know that but this is Villa we are talking about. I'm basing my theory on the way things have been done in the past. It rarely makes sense.

Dunno - Lerner stood firm on Barry - and although he left for fee, Lerner could have got more is had dealt with liverpool  a season earlier.

He's probably going to go - the only fly in the ointment is that southampton may not tickle his fancy....

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake?  He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud.  :crylaugh:

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I am still actually laughing at Koeman's comments, I have seriously never seen a manager this arrogant or stupid. Surely it is fake? He is even taking credit for Vlaar's development with us. Ronald get your head firmly out of your arse bud. :crylaugh:

I don't see the problem with his comments. Actually find his honesty quite refreshing.

If he goes he goes, life will go on....he is good, sometimes very good, but that's it. And I couldn't care less what club he goes to....some people talk like its a blow to their ego !..... All I hope is if it is saints we milk it for 12 m as hull did

Â