Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

FYI, Fifa stats are mostly submitted by the people themselves, I have been in that program myself. Big chance that the ones who has submitted his stats are actually from Birmingham :) However, there might be stricter rules when it comes to the biggest leagues, I am not sure. You register up for the team you know best and submit stats from there. People can correct it of course if they have access. Obviously if you put down dribble on 99 then it's not gonna happen in the final game. Then there is the fact that they scale it depending on form as well every week, but that is different. Just putting it out there.....

Soldado was rated higher than Benteke on FIFA 14 (Not sure if that's still the case).

The ratings are all bullshit - it's based purely on how much of a big name they are.

Italian paper saying Roma bidding 5 million euros. They can fark right off. best defender in the WC. Even if he does have 1 year left.. thats crazy. Id rather we keep him stay up and hope we have a take over next summer then he can leave.

Vlaar is not going anywhere, I have heard nothing from Lambert, nothing from Lerner and nothing from Vlaar that would even suggest such a thing.

People need to man up, and strap on a pair.It is embarrassing.

I feel sorry for your girlfriends.

"OMG she is gonna leave me, are you gonna leave me, please don't leave me."

Edited by rodders0223

Vlaar is not going anywhere, I have heard nothing from Lambert, nothing from Lerner and nothing from Vlaar that would even suggest such a thing.

People need to man up, and strap on a pair.It is embarrassing.

Yep - in this world there are many queens - Royal Queens, Queen Bees, Queens (of the gay)- Drag Queens and then possibly an exclusive club requiring no subscription here on VT - Drama Queens! (I mean this in jest!) :D

He'll get a better offer than to stay at Villa for another season that is for sure. I am sure there is a CL team who would want him and he would want them. I reckon we'd buckle at £10m - £12m if he (his agent) made it clear he'd walk for free next summer.

So...

On the promise that the money would be reinvested in the squad, at what price would you sell Vlaar for?

For me, it would be 15m. Not that I think he's worth that, but I'd rather we kept him and let him go on a free. He could be crucial for us staying up, which is probably crucial for any takeover.

Not seeing much about price in the italian media, although they do all seem to agree that with him being in the last year of his contract and being 29 then this is his last chance to make a jump up in quality, both in terms of his contract terms and the objectives of the squad he plays for.

Which, to be fair, you can't argue with. They also seem to think his agent will try and delay any transfer for as long as possible in order to make sure they take the best offer available.

If that happens, then it's bad for us as we'll have little time to spend the fee received. It's good for us because Roma will have probably lost Benatia by then and have made a lot of money on his sale. The prospect of a bidding war is good for us, obviously though, losing Vlaar IMO is a disaster.

Pointless question Piefac as we'll sell for what we can get and if its 10M that would be a decent price afaiac

"Pointless question but I'm going to answer it and here's my valuation".

Ok :D

FYI, Fifa stats are mostly submitted by the people themselves, I have been in that program myself. Big chance that the ones who has submitted his stats are actually from Birmingham :) However, there might be stricter rules when it comes to the biggest leagues, I am not sure. You register up for the team you know best and submit stats from there. People can correct it of course if they have access. Obviously if you put down dribble on 99 then it's not gonna happen in the final game. Then there is the fact that they scale it depending on form as well every week, but that is different. Just putting it out there.....

Soldado was rated higher than Benteke on FIFA 14 (Not sure if that's still the case).

The ratings are all bullshit - it's based purely on how much of a big name they are.

Yes, while the overall can give some kind of indication of how good the player is, it's not always right. And many things just don't add up. I stopped doing it pretty fast because..well why should I bother? EA don't bother working on fifa. And they make money.

For the guy that asked...I don't remember to be honest. Look it up and I am sure you can find it, you need to ask for permissions of course and the team you want to submit for. The bigger the team, the more people are on it. I did it because the Norwegian league is hardly filled with it and a lot of info was missing from my local team.

Not saying he won’t be tempted by CL football, but do remember that Serie A is some way off the Premier League when it comes to wages.

Look at Dani Osvaldo for example, leading scorer for Roma for the two seasons prior to moving away (so safe to assume he was a key player) and where did he go?  Southampton.  Plus at the time they were only halfway through their one standout season – on the face of it he was moving to a relatively recently promoted club.

Someone might know of an ulterior motive for why he left, but if not you’d have to assume it was for the money.  And regardless of the restrictions being imposed on us, I still think we’ll still put a very decent offer on the table for our captain.

So question: Would you up sticks, move your family (inc two young boys) for less money so that you could play CL football?  Or sign a long term lucrative contract and stay put?

Answer: Move to Man Utd (well someone was going to say it), but if they don’t come in for him I think he could well stop with us.

Â