Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I'd hardly label his leadership over the past 2 seasons as inspirational. Someone, either Lambert as the manager, or Vlaar as the most senior centre back and captain can't organise a defence at all. 

He's a good player, who's had a good tournament. I hope we hold on to him. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

I really do hope we can hold onto him as I'd like to see a partnership of Okore and Vlaar. I think it could be quite a solid partnership. 

I hope Lambert/Lerner or whoever sorts out contracts is working their bollocks off to sort his out. More so than Delph and Gabby. 

He's been very clever, playing average for us for years, running his contract down, then going to the world cup on a global stage and doing an impression of our lord McGrath to put himself in the shop window for one last big money move. And I thought footballers were thick!!

He's been very clever, playing average for us for years, running his contract down, then going to the world cup on a global stage and doing an impression of our lord McGrath to put himself in the shop window for one last big money move. And I thought footballers were thick!!

So you think he has preciously been offered a new contract and turned it down?

I think you'll find him linked with Man UTD and any other team with Dutch connections. Spurs as usual and Arry so basically made up crap using the scatter gun approach to journalism. They'll also throw in we are offering a bumper contract after his exploits. That way they'll have all bases covered!

I think we'll offer him a new deal as we planned all along. I can't see him going to a top 4 club so I think he'll stay.

@SeanO

Did you ever think his performances last season may have suffered because of what he was playing with?

^ This. I think Vlaar is a genuinely good defender hamstrung by having to babysit a defence that otherwise belongs a division down. I think we'll be very lucky to hang on to him. My main concern is that Senderos is being lined up as a replacement...

Is he accepting the deal? Of course there is no way on earth he woudl refuse or that Van Gaal has turned his head a little is there

Edited by Richard

The vine of Ron's penalty shows it actually stopped on the line, so didn't count.

And Ron clearly noticed as he starts pointing to it as its rolling towards the goal to show the ref that its going in

The vine of Ron's penalty shows it actually stopped on the line, so didn't count.

And Ron clearly noticed as he starts pointing to it as its rolling towards the goal to show the ref that its going in

Oi you should be enjoying your holiday. get off here and get back to the Thai beach.  ;)

• Like 1

Regarding Joey Barton's negative comments about him on twitter, who cares what he thinks, anyone who takes Barton's opinion seriously needs their head checking. The man is simply an attention seeker. 

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

Â