General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Merry Christmas General, and all the Villa fans!

I got Four Ever Aston Villa DVD-just been watching the 94 League Cup Final, great days they were-I think the General needs to watch that game if he hasn't seen it already-classic Villa game against the best team in the country showing lots of bravery to overcome them.

Fantastic game as well!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Not sure whether this has been mentioned previously. Were you disappointed with the response that the "ghost riders in the sky" or what ever it's called received? No one in the stadium seemed bothered that it was playing. Absolutely no recognition with the fans that don't post on this board. I, along with so many others on Villa Talk appreciate the work and time you have put into the forums, shown by you posting on Christmas day! Are you starting to think that things like this are a waste of time? After all, polls were set up to choose the song to bring an atmosphere to the ground to replace the lac luster atmosphere created before the game. Which sadly didn't happen by a long margin!

Nick (please excuse the grammar, it is Christmas after all!)

i don't think it will just catch on straight away, it was at an awkward time as well

i was downstairs and only caught the end of it at half time, and was suprised to hear it

im suprised its been chosen as well considering holteenders in the sky doesn't exactly go with ghostriders in the sky tunewise

Merry Christmas to you and your family and Randy and Randy's family.

in 1992/93 http://www.soccerbase.com/league2.sd?teamid=154 We were runners up in Premier League with Manchester United and

in 1994 League Cup Final We outplay Manchester United in Wembley to win the cup.

and look how far behind them these days. We could not cope with top 4 team these days ie Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

What the club are going to do to enable us to catch up and be competitive and beat them sometimes. We need to be warriors not toothless lions.

Also have you read Simon Inglis's Villa Park 100 years. Which is interesting history about Villa Park.

Do you have a role at Cleveland Browns ?

Merry Christmas to you and your family and Randy and Randy's family.

in 1992/93 http://www.soccerbase.com/league2.sd?teamid=154 We were runners up in Premier League with Manchester United and

in 1994 League Cup Final We outplay Manchester United in Wembley to win the cup.

and look how far behind them these days. We could not cope with top 4 team these days ie Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

What the club are going to do to enable us to catch up and be competitive and beat them sometimes. We need to be warriors not toothless lions.

Also have you read Simon Inglis's Villa Park 100 years. Which is interesting history about Villa Park.

Do you have a role at Cleveland Browns ?

It was stated in the daily mirror (around august) that Randy purchased dozens of copies of the simon inglis book for his staff!

Late but, Merry Xmas General, all the best for you and your family, Randy and every one else on the board. Your combined efforts are appreciated hugely. Have a great festive season, and a very happy New Year :clap::clap:

General Krulak here:

What are we going to do to make Villa a champion on the pitch? Obviously, this is the question on everyone's mind...particularly after watching the class of ManU and then losing to T'ham. If you think you all are gutted about this, think of Randy, Martin, the Team and all of us at Villa Park. We aren't feeling chipper today either. The answer is quite clear...and I have mentioned it on this Board more than once. 1. Martin is evaluating his squad. 2. Martin is looking at needs for today and, equally important, needs for the future. 3. Martin is looking at what players are available....this is difficult because some that are available at one point in time may not be available at another point in time. 4. Martin then decides who we need to go after and 5. Martin gets with Randy and they work out the plan to accomplish what they want to do. All the talk about Randy not being there to provide the support Martin needs is NOT accurate. Martin and Randy are on the same sheet of music. Remember, the January transfer window is not the best time to get players....everyone wants to keep their quality players and most teams are looking for basically the same type of "help." Just know that both Randy and Martin realize we need help and they will do all in their power to get that help.

Thanks General and I realise what you say is totally right and the rubbish you may read in thye national press I am afraid is just part of the crap that surronds British football.

I would say we need to be proactive about these stories but I realise that takes time

I realise fully that Rome is not built in one day and look at the substained investment Spurs have had over the years and frankly under the previous regime you can see the results of the so-called investment in the (lack of) squad strength.

Wish you and all at VP a very happy new year and a bright future

Again thanks General, I do hope your words don't fall on deaf ears, but unfortunately for a while at least, some will not be listening properly.

I for one do appreciate your comments and recognise the situation, so while I feel disappointed, I do also see some light at the end of what has been a very long and dark tunnel and for once it isn't an oncoming train.

Happy New year to you and your family.

told you the tabloid rags will twist anything to create a story...

;)

thats great to hear general...

most of us realise this process will be slow...

for me personally, a couple of signings to tide us over, in january and then the real building next summer, will not only call other clubs bluff and not have them try and rip us off because they think we are flush with cash, but also gives the current crop, further time to prove themselves...

a lot of us have come to the realisation that while a lot of our players are hard workers, they are not of the sufficient quality to progress us where we want to be..

a shame, but a fact of life...

but, the youngsters for me, are potentially excellent and a couple of players are of what we would call "real quality"...

have to say again though, its great to hear we have a board in sync with the manager (and fans), and that we have thoughtful long term planning...

long may it continue...

Thats great stuff to hear general... I keep telling my friends that the might of Aston Villa Football club is about to turn a corner because I firmly believe that it will only take a little amount of time!!!!!!

May 2007 be kind to us all!!!!!!!!

UP THE VILLA!!!!

General, don't ask me why but I was on the Salford Reds Rugby League Website today and they have this idea, whoch I think is rather good

TICKETAID

Ticket Aid will now distribute a number of tickets for all Salford City Reds home games. If you work for a charity or recognised ‘good cause’ you will be able to buy a block of seat tickets (minimum of 10) and sell them on.

You will then keep 25% of the proceeds for your organisation; therefore selling tickets for Salford City Reds games could net a tidy profit for your organisation

Dear General Krulak,

I just wanted to let you know what a breath of fresh air your appointment has been, it gives me great faith in Randy Lerner that he has employed you as his right hand man.

I just thought I'd post this interesting point as your name came up only yesterday, and I feel it is in the interests of the Villa fans to show the kind of man you are. I had just started reading the book "Flags of our Fathers" by James Bradley, this book is based around the lives of the six men photographed on Iwo Jima raising the American flag after some of the bloodiest fighting seen in WWII. James Bradley is the son of one of these six iconic figures and he describes in the first Chapter how General Charles Krulak who was then in charge of the Marine Corps, arranged for the relatives of those pictured to fly out to the Island of Iwo Jima soverign propery of Japan to see the historic sight.

I think this shows how important history and tradition are to the new caretakers of this institution and although I am in no way comparing the lives of soldiers lost and the relatives of those with a football club, I think it shows that history and tradition are an intrinsic part of their forward planning.

I am a second generation Villa fan, and I think the work you have done in such a short time has been truly well thought out and genuine and I will show you the utmost patience and support you need to turn the club around as you have my full confidence.

All the best and may the good work continue.

Regards

Aaron

General, don't ask me why but I was on the Salford Reds Rugby League Website today and they have this idea, whoch I think is rather good

TICKETAID

Ticket Aid will now distribute a number of tickets for all Salford City Reds home games. If you work for a charity or recognised ‘good cause’ you will be able to buy a block of seat tickets (minimum of 10) and sell them on.

You will then keep 25% of the proceeds for your organisation; therefore selling tickets for Salford City Reds games could net a tidy profit for your organisation

Great idea if you are happy to have away fans sitting in home areas! Might work for low profile games where the away end doesn't sell out though.

Hi General,

Hope you had a great Christmas day by the way....

When leaving the ground after the Man U game, I was walking under the bridge of witton station and noticed that its painted in claret and blue, although it looks like it hasn't been done since the 70's.

I was wondering if we could get it painted up again, perhaps with the crest on it, and a champions of europe slogan maybe?

I know its not much but it may give travelling fans something to fear when they arrive.

Anyway, it was just a thought, enjoy the holidays!!!

VB