General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Yet more excellent feedback thank you General. With relation to the match day catering this is a topic been covered many many times, i can not see how bringing in McDonalds or Burger King or KFC will improve things. Most issues are down to speed of service and regardless of what you are selling this is always going to be a problem.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

First off Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. Second of all comes my point.

My dad is a West Brom fan, and for Christmas he had the idea to visit Our club shop to buy some historical merchandise on the Villa (he's kind like that, and I figure he does know where his allegiances should be :P). On Christmas day I was presented with a fairly decent book, "forever Villa", with which i was more than satisfied as a gift.

However good old dad couldnt stop himself commenting upon the lack of any real quality merchandise with regards to the club's long running history. He said that "All you've got in there is some DVD about beating the Mancs fifty Years Ago, and the Champions league win! - nothing compared to what the Albion have got in theirs!"

While i pointed out that our History is of a much finer quality than the Albion's, I seriously consider this point to be a problem - we do NOT have a 'History of the Club, from Birth to the Present Day' DVD or book, we have odds and ends that cover some of the bases, but no concise source for younger fans (myself being only 17) to learn and see the legends that went before the current flock. I, for one, think we're missing a great opportunity here, not just because of the financial possibilities of having more merchandise, but in terms of developing a greater fanbase both now and the future. Surely we want to celebrate all those that have gone before us? And surely we don't want our club shop to be second best in the Midlands, with regards to its celebration of history, particularly when we have so much to share?

I hope this hits a chord with some other members too - my Champions of Europe DVD is great, but I'd like to think we as Villa fans have more to celebrate than this in our 132 year history?

General, Oliver Stone here.

Regarding recent media reports suggesting that mr. Lerner has not been around to support MON of late...among others in a similar vein.

Do not be fooled sir.

I have it from some reliable sources on deep background that these mischievious allegations are the just the latest attempts by certain premeireship sides determined to foil The Villa's grand plans for the Jan. window!

By casting doubt into the minds of the Villa faithful They hope to illicit some response from the upper management. Your frank and direct communication with the supporters has sent alarm bells ringing within the Big Four.

You see, now They FEAR the villa!

Our current momentum looms large in the minds of our rivals sir. And you know They will stop at nothing to discover our plans. They were happy to have us merely nipping at their heels but now that those days have past They have become desperate.

Now I know you would never tip your hand General but we should only expect more of these subversive machinations.

But let me assure you General... we will not be fooled by these crude conspirators attemptes to sow dicord.

If one thing is certain it is that All of Aston Villa stands as one. Prepared.

-Brownie

Brownie here,

Just having a little fun above....seriously though I am totally blown away to have the 31st commandant of the Marines hang out with the Villa faithful in this forum. This is so unheard of, I cant get over it. What an absolute thrill. Just reading the the back and forth has brought a smile to my face. This might sound funny but i wonder how many in the senior management of a football club would have the courage to carry on and be themselves like this. I suspect it is just one and he's ours! I mean Villa fans have got to be the envy of the league in this regard at the VERY least!

Eventhough it has been rather rough going of late lets not forget to count our blessings of 2006 as we look to the bright future ahead!

-Brownie

The General has been answering questions DIRECTLY, how anyone could conceive it as some kind of PR stunt is beyond me.

They might not always be the answers we want to hear, but at least we're getting our questions answered!

Sounds like the work of begrudgers, but to be honest, who cares?

General Krulak here:

1.TicketAid: What a SUPERB idea!! This is one that we WILL make happen. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention.

2. I do not consider posting on the web sites as a waste of time. As an example, the idea mentioned above will make a difference for Villa and, more importantly, for those less advantaged than we are. Additionally, I have met (if only by web) some really good people...men, women, lads and lassies. I would not have passed on that opportunity. It is also a way to listen and to tell. How can that ever be a waste of time? NEVER!! Of course my wife is about ready to rip my lips off!!

3.Ghost Riders in the Sky. I was down in the tunnel with Ron Saunders and didn't hear anything...sorry.

4. Aaron. The trip to Iwo Jima with the Bradley family was a very special time for me. You are absolutely right, tradition does mean a great deal to Randy and to all the Directors. It is for this reason that we are working so hard to improve Villa Park by returning to some of the former achitecture. This also means that we will be doing something to improve on what can be purchased that reflects our rich heritage.

5. Get some players. Well, we sure as hell all agree on that one. I have said, many times, what our process is to do just that.

General Krulak here:

4. You are absolutely right, tradition does mean a great deal to Randy and to all the Directors. It is for this reason that we are working so hard to improve Villa Park by returning to some of the former achitecture. This also means that we will be doing something to improve on what can be purchased that reflects our rich heritage.

Hi General - it is excellent to hear you say this. The destruction of the old Trinity Stand was nothing short of criminal IMO, vandalism of the highest order.

With that stand went a little piece of our soul, and a large chunk of football heritage. Players used to sign for the club upon seeing the grandeur of the old Trinity Stand, I am sad that you will never have got to see it in its full beauty.

If the new regime were able to get anywhere near 're-creating' what we had at the Trinity Stand then I think the Football Club would forever be in your debt.

The breathing of life back into the old Holte Hotel, negelected for so many years is an excellent gesture - in many ways its a miracle it is still there.

The pulling down of the Old Trinity, and its subsequent replacement sums up the old regime perfectly - I'll let you fill in the gaps!

Cheers General K - Hope you have a great New Year

Digsby 100% with you on the Trinity stand. Never been the same since it was pulled down and what a crime to have allowed that to happen. I am lucky enough to have a few pieces of the original mural in my back garden, would rather they were still looking out onto Aston park though.

of course as people know me, I totally agree with Digsby and that why the work on the Holte Pub is so importnat to me, it creates the vital link between now and the past to create the future.

General, have you ever seen a picture of the Trinity, here is one

dscf0025xn6.th.jpg

and another

dscf0015ap5.th.jpg

and one final one

dscf0009jp7.th.jpg

this is all part of the package IMHO

do you not like having a bigger stadium then and a bigger stand?

one thats moved with the times

one thats more futuristic and looks brilliant from the inside, and from on the motorway, when driving past

one thats put our stadium up into a different category of higher quality stadiums?

a little bit of reconstructuring and our new stand can look brilliant and suit everyones tastes the people who like the history side and people who want bigger and better stadiums like the big clubs

lets see the mods delete another one of my posts from in here again :roll:

TBH, it's a good old debate. Didn't really appreciate the majestic nature of the old trinity until it was knocked down. That said, I wouldn't completly diss the new stand as yes the outside could've been better fun but the facilities and view are top draw.

Probably best to start a new thread rther than put this on the general thread.

one thats more futuristic and looks brilliant from the inside, and from on the motorway, when driving past

one thats put our stadium up into a different category of higher quality stadiums?

a little bit of reconstructuring and our new stand can look brilliant and suit everyones tastes the people who like the history side and people who want bigger and better stadiums like the big clubs

lets see the Mods delete another one of my posts from in here again :roll:

Its bigger by about 2500, big deal. They couldve rebuilt the north and got the capacity up to over 45,000 easily anyway.

The whole rebuilding of that stand was handled terribly. The front crest facing the pitch should have been preserved as should the gable. (OR AT LEAST BEEN PRESEVED SOMEWHERE ON THE VILLA PARK SITE!)Its not a particularly attractive stand and i hate the way the corners cut in. Yes they did this in the old trinity but in a lot more of a stylish way.

Our ground was iconic with the old trinity, pillars and warts an all.

Hey Wow, I just logged on for the first time since Friday (been really busy until today!) can't believe I got a name check in The Guardian - boy had I known, I would have rushed out and bought a copy - does anyone have a spare copy?

Anyway, just wanted to say to The General, Randy and everyone, thanks for all you are doing for Villa. We will become great again and Happy New Year to you General, your wife and family and to Randy and his family and to everyone in fact :D

lets see the Mods delete another one of my posts from in here again :roll:

How would you feel if they knocked the Holte End down and replaced it with nothing special. Has you obviously do not remember losing something that means something to you! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ahh, bless, they miss the old stand. Don't say you like the new one! You'll hurt people's feelings. You OBVIOUSLY dont know what is't like to loose something so close to you!!! Never mind the fact the facilities are better, the design of the stand sympathetic to the old one and the capacity and views are improved, let's just dwell on the fact that old stock brick was not used (at great expense to the club) to exactly re-create exterior of the old one. Doug deservedly get's a bad rap for many things, building an excellent stand on a budget should not be one.

The exterior could be changed at some point, I wonder if Randy will see it as being worth while. Fine I say but I'd rather have a great side than local bricks and Edwardian architecture!

Anyway this thread is going :offtopic:

Correct Bazdavies79 can we keep this off the subject of the old trinity that could go in a new thread.

Sam your posts are not the only ones that get deleted from this thread, if you have a problem you should PM a mod