General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. Ticketing. I know we are walking a fine line with regard to season ticket holders and trying to get fans back into the stadium. This is a hard line to walk...because the season ticket holder is the heart and soul of the club. At the same time, we need to get people to come and see the change that is taking place at our Club. To do this....to avoid having a stadium that is only half-filled, we need to take some action. We are looking hard at ways to do this...and still be fair to our season ticket holders. We will get it right...but "how to do that" is what we are working on now. The bottom line is that it does none of us any good to have an empty stadium. As I have said many times on this thread, the first and biggest key is to WIN ON THE PITCH!!! When we win, CONSISTENTLY, people will come back. Until then, we need to do something to show people we want them to come home. We will figure out a way to be fair and just to the season ticket holder. Deciding not to buy a season ticket and wait for "deals" is certainly not the way to go. In the end, the season ticket holder WILL get the best deal.

I have to say that as a season ticket holder myself im delighted with the deal that lets me bring my mates for a £5. I bought 6 tickets for them on saturday and i could have done with more. Id much prefer the ground to be full than get bitter with someone over getting a cheap ticket this season. Dont forget that a lot of these people will buy programs, food and beer thus generating more revenue and hopefully a better atmosphere.

I couldn't agree more, and as a season ticket holder I'm delighted with the way Mr Lerner and yourself are going about exploring ways to fill Villa park.

Have a great christmas General K, and I hope we can all look forward to an exciting new year.

the problem i see with the ticket history is that alot of these man utd fans have got a ticket history cause they have gone to see villa man utd before. maybe it should be made so you have to go to three games in the season already or if it comes in an early game maybe three in the season before?

Or maybe looking at the history and if they only ever buy tickets for Villa Man U then banning it. No doubt a long line of supposed Villa fans would be complaining because randomly they have only been to Villa Man U for the last 3 seasons because of circumstance.

It's uplifting comments like this from the General that make me realise having a poor run and dropping to 10th isn't that big a deal in the long term.

Have a happy Christmas and great New Year general! :D

completely my sentiments too. Even though its poor now I cant be too disheartened cause I know the future's going to be great, this was always going to be a tough spot.

Merry Xmas general eand good health to you and your family!

That is what the Villa Fans are to Martin's Marines!!

:D:D:lol:

I like it :) thanks General.

We have had "Big Fat Ron's Army" when Ron Atkinson was manager. Since then, the managers' have had a few names to associate the team but nothing stuck..

Martin's Marines... some people may think its very "americanised" but I think it sounds cool, kind of catchy...

An advert with Villa players featuring with marine outfits with Martin + General leading them maybe pushing it a bit but would capture headlines ;)

Merry Xmas and Happy new year General.

That is what the Villa Fans are to Martin's Marines!!

:D:D:lol:

I like it :) thanks General.

We have had "Big Fat Ron's Army" when Ron Atkinson was manager. Since then, the managers' have had a few names to associate the team but nothing stuck..

Martin's Marines... some people may think its very "americanised" but I think it sounds cool, kind of catchy...

An advert with Villa players featuring with marine outfits with Martin + General leading them maybe pushing it a bit but would capture headlines ;)

Merry Xmas and Happy new year General.

I'm sure it would get more women down there, they may even chuck there thongs at the general in a sort of Tom Jones manner.

We've got a tough run after Xmas- keep positive we must.

Randy Lerner is our saviour- he stopped us going bust.

General K loves VillaTalk

-In trouble 'cause of thongs

When we travel to Old Traff, I'll rip man ure heads off.

Merry Crumpets!

General Krulak ,

As far as I can see, Christmas came to Villa fans in August this year. Randy Lerner turns out to be our Father Christmas aka Santa Claus, Martin o'Neill was our gift and You have turned out to be the icing on the cake ! Merry Christmas to our American Cousins!

Viz your coining the phrase of "Martin's Marines" I imagine that you will hear a few Villa fans now claim that in January " All we need is a few good men" .

You know the kind, the ones like Jack Nicholson who played the role of Col. Jessep in the movie with Tom Cruise and said " Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say. "

General,

I wish you, your family, Randy and his family a very merry xmas and happy new year. You guys (together with Martin) have made me so proud to be a Villa fan again. The best xmas present i could have wished for i received back in August when you guys rescued my club.

Thank you all so much.

Simon

Christmas Day!!! Merry Christmas to all the Villa Talkers...their families and extended families.

We WILL get to where we all want to be. The ManU game showed that we won't do it over night....but it also showed what we need to do!! We just need to always remember that we have a great Manager, a committed owner, and super fans....it doesn't get any better when looking for a foundation to build upon. THAT is why we all should be confident that it will happen!!