General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

1. Thank you for your kind comments...I have passed them on to my father. He is weak, deaf and has cancer but is one helluva fighter. Put him in his acorns away shirt...looks great.

Nice :thumb: . He certainly sounds like it. Hope our win tonight might have brought him some good cheer.

If you havn't been too distracted General, I'd be fascinated to know what the mood in the US is like at the moment regarding Obama's election win. I thought his acceptance speech was just wonderful (as, in fairness, was McCain's graciousness in defeat - unlike Mrs Palin). Are you excited by his presidency?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. WE are very excited by the win tonight...my Dad and I held our breath the entire 2nd half!!! Our keeper was special.

2. I was very happy to see Obama win...and I think it will be great for our Nation and, equally important, for the World. He is smart, caring, a great listener, and will do well!!

I don't think it's advised for him to hold his breath for that long in his condition General... tell him to get well soon from me.

Great result tonight too. Like you say, nervy second half but... well you can't argue with the result and like you say, Brad Jr. did us proud, if you see him make sure you pass on our thanks for a great performance. Also ask him if he's really only 24. He looks about 40!

General,

I have a question and want a little bit of a moan. I have lived in Houston, Texas for 13 years now and only get to come home once a year around Thanksgiving. When I come home I always want to see a Villa game - I was a season ticket holder many, many years ago when my dad was alive and I always saw a few games a year when I lived in England. Last year, I didn't get to see a Villa game because it was an international weekend, though I did see Croatia at Wembley which was kinda cool. This year I was excited because there are two Villa home games around Thanksgiving, however I cannot buy tickets for either game on the website. Worse, I have no method to phone the ticket office from the US because all that is listed is the 0800 number.

I have asked my sister to try and buy tickets for me for the Man United game today however although she said the people in the ticket office were helpful, and they could see we'd both bought Villa merchandise many times online from the club shop, because they have no record of either of us buying a match ticket, they could not sell her a ticket.

I understand selling tickets in the UK is a different proposition from selling tickets in the US because of travelling support, but it seems there should at least be a way for me to contact the ticket office. I cannot even see a link to email the ticket office from the website, and a non-0800 number would be, I think a good idea.

As it is, my sister is trying to hunt down a Villa fan where she works to help us out, but I just wanted to register my frustration.

Paul Mattey

Tough loss thursday night, General, for the Browns. Looked like everything was going the right way until the 3rd quarter, Winslow getting stripped of the ball was a real turning point. On the plus side, Brady Quinn looked to settle into the offence easily and quickly which can only help in the short term and long term future. Fingers crossed he can carry on progressing.

All the best, to you and your family.

Gen

I hope your father gets stronger and thoughts go to your family.

Without this turning into a "brown-nose fest", can I just say, with everything you are going through, to still take time to come on here and pass comment, answer questions just shows what kind of guy you are.

We all thank you.

However, PLEASE do not feel pressurised. We all undestand if you can't come on. I would hope, at present, it is still quite enjoyable for you to talk to the fans. I would hate for it ever to become a chore. If you need space, just tell us and do your own stuff.

With regards to the election, in a way I feel very sorry for Obama, because. lets face it, the world is expecting miracles of him. If he doesn't solve every single problem in the whole world in the next 4 yrs - he will be seen as a failiure.

He certainly is inspiring though, I watched the whole election night (as I couldn't sleep) and that speech was fantastic, and not a note or auto-cue in sight)

Keep well and our thoughts are with you.

Hey there General

I made a separate thread for this but was suggested I ask you...

Okay so the last and only time I've been to a Villa match was the 06-07 season, in March. I saw Arsenal(VP) and Liverpool (VP) and was surprised I got tickets, didn't end up seeing any goals however, a goalless draw against Liverpool and a 0-1 loss to Arsenal. Disappointing.

Based on my "order/ticket history", what chance do I have of away tickets to a UEFA cup match? And I mean after we qualify for the next stages? i.e. If we get thru the group stages, and we play an away match to Milan or some other Italian team?

Basically I'm trying to find matches in or around my birthday on March 16th...but I don't exactly wanna see Tottenham at home.. (But still a possibility!)..

Thanks General. Keep up the great work.

Hi General, Firstly I hope the media pick up on our efforts for rememberance day.

Secondly I dont usually eat the food at VP but as it was f f f freezing today I decided to go get me and my boy a hotdog at half time.

Sorry no hot dogs. Burgers? nope, pies? nope. the only thing they had were pizza pods.

And after tasting them I know why thats what was left. not really suitable for kids as quite spicy.

I wonder how we can run out of food at the start of half time?

Didnt get much better with that result either...ahh well.

It was the north stand upper by the way.

Carl

General, bad result today again, i'm sure the lads will bounce back. On a lighter side of things, do you think MO'N would ever go down the Mike Singletary route of coaching and drop his pants to inspire the team?? Hope that puts a smile on your face General, i look forward to your response!

General,

Can i just say how appauling the players treated the supporters in prague on thursday night.

Im sorry, but as soon as the final whistle went, they just shot down the dressing room, barry especially. I Think its appauling that they didnt even come and clap the villa fans at the end of the match. To spend all that money and not even be acknowledged is terrible. Hats off to craig gardner, the only one that did.

I know it sounds petty, but its things like this that fans love. Even there players came across and clapped us.

Just shows how footballers have lost touch with the common man nowadays in this country. I think the club sometimes forgets how much fans spend on going to matches like this, the least we could expect is a bit of gratitude.

Rant over.

General Krulak here:

1. Trying to guess the chances for tickets to a cup game is pretty tough for me to attempt. My very strong recommendation is to call Nicky Keye at the Ticket Office and pose your question to her. She is absolutely in the best place to give you an accurate answer.

2. Players coming out to see the fans after a game. None of us know the instructions given to the team by MON or by the Stadium Security. It is easy to get angry at the Players but unless we know the circumstances and what instructions were given, I would hesitate to get too upset. I doubt very seriously if this was an instance of the players not appreciating the fans...MON has constantly made it clear that the Fans are critical to the team.

3. The game today: GUTTED!!!!! Can't even state how badly I feel.

Hi General

First up, I know you are not responsible for anything to do with team performances and that you are just a fan like us. So speaking to you as a fan, it concerns me greatly that MON's post-match analysis seems to miss the real reason why games often go against us or are more difficult than they should be. The reason is that for a side with top-4 aspirations we are simply shocking at passing the ball and keeping hold of it. Check out the stats: when it comes to possession and passes completed we are absolutely miles and miles behind the top 4 and I cannot see that changing. Considering the transfer fee paid for one particular defender I cannot believe how bad he is at finding a player wearing the same colours. I think I'd be taking him back to the Glasgow Rangers shop and asking for my money back!

On another point, to help fans understand things a little better, could MON be encouraged (!) to enlighten us on the full-back shuffle in the later stages of games? It is totally up to him what he does of course, but most of us in the stands are absolutely baffled, and might be more understanding if we knew what the point of it is.

Thanks for sharing the good and bad moments with us!

General,

Best wishes to your father and to Stuart Taylor.

This wednesday my 96 year old gran will be buried with a villa scalf to pass on to my villa loving grandad , on friday my wife will give birth .

I was gutted yesterday but on reflection of the world wide importance of the day itself , Stuart Taylors situation , your father and the highs and lows i will experience this week , so what !

Up the villa , God bless.