General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here

1. Southgate: We have tried and continue to try to get as many tickets as possible. The priority of ticket sales is something that we could argue all day long about. If we went by your route, I can assure you I would be getting comments from fans who believe they are not being treated fairly...such as ST holders. We do as best we can.

2. I am sure the club would consider a card display but...they are hard to coordinate and. if not, carried out to perfection, can cause embarrassment.

General ,

Re the crowds this season it's no surprise we are down on averages for three reasons 1.More games 2.Traditionally Villa support has never been really that large for a club of our size and 3. The recession is now in full swing in the West Midlands significantly in manufacturing which is the heart best of this area .

Unfortunately we are only at the tip of it it's going to get a lot worse and without doubt the corporate side will getr massively hit next season so far it's been relatively minor because people have committed to this season next season trust me will be well down on this season next season !. The last thing we need is to increase the capacity we simply won't fill it unless we give the tickets away leave the ground as it is !

We will be looking at a 20 percent drop in corporate reveune next season at least ! Crowds will be very dependant on ticket prices but how far can we go ?

Hi General, I flew over for the Ayax game which was my first time at VP since the takeover, can I just say thank you for everything that has been done at our club. Everything is a million miles above what it used to be from the Holte Hotel to the general atmosphere and mentality of fans and players. Most get to see these changes all the time and sometimes they lose meaning and forget how far we have come but from someone seeing them for the first time THANK YOU.

General,

First off, may I add myself to the list of those amazed by how well Randy and the board run this club. Aston Villa is now a top-class organization, one of the best in sport. Thank you!

While we are paying attention to NOTW, this article indicates the Premier League is (unsurprisingly) taking action against illegal internet feeds of live matches. In and of itself, I have no problem there - these are pirated streams, what do the website proprietors expect, love and kisses? However, as a US resident with no cable subscription (and no need for one except in pursuit of the Villa), I find myself in the same boat as many other fans around the world: if we want to watch the games, we often have no option but to search for a dodgy stream from, say, Singapore. I subscribe to Setanta's broadband service, but that only gets me perhaps a third of Villa's matches... otherwise it's off to the free, low-quality, illegal feed sites. Or, in many cases, I have to give up and miss the game.

Are you aware of any serious discussions or efforts on the part of the league, the FA, or within AVFC to work toward positive solutions for global fans, i.e. providing broadband subscription services through club websites or through the league's broadcast partners? Right now, it seems that the league is content to rely on their existing, exclusive arrangements with TV and cable providers, while ignoring any potential for capturing internet revenue. There's a large worldwide market that Premier League clubs could be accessing with decend broadband subscription services, but so far the message is, "Overpay for cable! And if your country's providers don't give you decent Premier League coverage, tough!"

Twenty years down the line, cable TV will be obsolete. I am well aware that internet broadcasting presents problems and issues, but they need to be tackled if clubs want to serve and grow the fan base. Are there plans or discussions within AVFC as to how to deal with internet video? Are you hearing anything from the league other than, "protect our existing partners' rights?"

Thanks again, for your attention and your tireless efforts on behalf of the club!

Hi General,

Just a worrying sentence in the Mirror's latest story on the idiot who threw the coin against Portsmouth i'd like to share with you:

Aston Villa can't find Harry Redknapp coin hooligan

By Ralph Ellis

Aston Villa have admitted they can't find the coin-throwing thug who felled a linesman when he tried to hit Harry Redknapp.

Two weeks after the incident, during Redknapp's last Premier League game as Portsmouth manager, the club are being forced to admit failure in their efforts to name the culprit and ban him for life.

But Villa boss Martin O'Neill has insisted on a complete review of security around the dug-out areas - and admits he fears a repeat would make billionaire owner Randy Lerner question his involvement at the club.

O'Neill said: "My view was that the CCTV would have been able to pick that up and to tell you the truth the chairman and chief executive thought the same.

"It was a disappointment to find we weren't able to do so. But it certainly should not be forgotten - and it won't be. It is far too serious for that."

Villa are still waiting to know if they will be charged by the FA over the incident although initial suggestions from Soho Square were that officials would instead work with the club to review security.

O'Neill added: "When I spoke to the chairman about the incident he was really disappointed. He at least wants to be able to provide safety for people at the club."

link

Of course this point is just assumed because Randy is obviously disappointed about what happened, and is not a direct quote.

But i just wanted to assure you (although i'm sure you are already aware of it), that a very high percentage of Villa fans, probably 99%, are not idiots, and do care about the future of this club, and many of, if not all of these, believe that Randy Lerner is the future of our football club.

Are you aware of any serious discussions or efforts on the part of the league, the FA, or within AVFC to work toward positive solutions for global fans, i.e. providing broadband subscription services through club websites or through the league's broadcast partners? Right now, it seems that the league is content to rely on their existing, exclusive arrangements with TV and cable providers, while ignoring any potential for capturing internet revenue. There's a large worldwide market that Premier League clubs could be accessing with decend broadband subscription services, but so far the message is, "Overpay for cable! And if your country's providers don't give you decent Premier League coverage, tough!"

Obligatory note that the NFL offers a service through Yahoo that does basically that (of course for gridiron), but I would have to think that if the PL sold broadband subscriptions in the markets that are "underserved" (though it must be said that US fans by and large get far more live broadcasts of the PL than fans in the UK...), it would be a gigantic moneymaker (even if it only carried the games not picked up for live broadcast in a given market).

General,

Looking at this forum from your point of view...well lets say I feel sorry for you!!!

Constant moaning and whining and a constant barrage of questions - people need to look back at before you came to the club, the place was a sinking ship and I for one was ready for giving in the season ticket...

Were now 5th in the league, beat Ajax in Europe and the place has a surge of optomism yet on here there are still groans.

It is annoying me for one so bless you for not getting too uptight and please realise that MOST villa fans are well behind everyone and I feel that Yourself,Randy and the team are genuine Legends of Aston Villa Football Club already and im very proud of the football club...

Thanks for all the hard work and the investment which makes it so much more enjoyable for us fans...

Up the Villa

I have booked and paid for hotels and flights, but am unable to get a ticket and it is annoying when the official trip is still being advertised. If there are any unsold tickets from the official trip, is there a waiting list?

I cant believe the press are saying Randy would question his future at the club over someone throwing a coin, i mean come on i thought he was made of more than that, i don't believe it for a second but i wouldn't think much of him if it were true, in my eyes it is such a minor thing and i can't believe how much has been made of it, what about everyone throwing coins and various objects at Joey Barton, no one even mentioned it the next day.

Re: Newcastle

Absolute waste of my time watching the game tonight on T.V.

There is a reason Villa Park will never be consistently full, the last few performances tell a story.

'General' can I ask you why Villa always crumble when they have the incentive to perform? I guess if you could answer that we'd have won the league by now (it'll never happen by the way).

Tonight was my lowest point of the season so far, lower than Stoke. But the players need to answer their critics, by stepping up on Thursday and putting one foot in the last 32 of the UEFA Cup, but you shouldn't be burdened with these sorts of comments.

General, I understand and respect why the club don't like washing their linen in public but in my opinion there are times where we have to make a stand. By not reporting Liverpool for tapping up or chasing the News of the World over the poppy story nobody has really got hurt but when one of our players is affected then we must make a stand.

Bartons assault on Gabby last night may only be a flick to the face but he is an employee of Aston Villa football club and i honestly believe that the club owe him a duty of care to follow this up to the FA. What sort of message does this send out to our players? Yes Gabby is a big boy, can most likely take it and i dare say lost no sleep over it but Barton is a thug and in my opinion not far away from ruining somebodys career.

I think we owe it not only to Gabby but to any other potential victims of Barton to do something about this because for Barton to do something like that with a 6 game suspended ban around his neck, just getting out of prison and having the media and all waiting for him to fail, he must have serious problems.

Maybe Villa are going to follow this up i don't know but it may only be a flick today but tomorrow may be something more serious and i would hate Villa to look back and think "maybe if we had followed through with our complaint we could of prevented this" maybe? maybe?

General, The main problem with last night was, the players didnt seem interested. They didnt want to know. Its disapointing to see when a fair few fans made the long trip up North and paid their money. We all know we arent going to win every game, but to lose without a fight, to go down with such a whimper was really disapointing. Against Blackburn, we didnt play well, but fought and won the game, a little more last night and the same may have happened. I hope MON is on the training ground right now firing some rockets up arses!!! It is the right time of year......

Not a question i know, Just wanted to let you know what i thought.

Gen.

Although the last few posts have been, quite frankly, rude, I do believe there is a valid point in there somewhere and I would like your opinion.

Rightly or wrongly, from the outside, it does seem that our players seem to lose bottle at crucial moments, as has been pointed out, twice last year, last night, and every time we play Man Utd.

Do you see the same, and if so, as a motivator, what would you do about it.

I do think that before these big games, we need some kind of motivation.

It has been done before at the Villa - Big Ron famously hired a Brummie Tenor to sing Nessun Dorma before big matches in the dressing room and say "If that don;t give you the passion, nothing will"

Whether it is yourself, or someone else, I really do think someone needs to give the lads some guts as, they go missing in the big moments.

Last night, what can you say - utter terrible, but it is gone, we MUST get 6 points out of the next 6 if we want to challenge top 4 - 4 points to challenge top 6 !!. It wasn't the result that hurt - it was the seemingly couldn't care less attitude of some of the players that really got the fans - losing unluckily to Stoke, we can take, losing without fight to anyone - we can't !!.