General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

TV,have you tried Lifestyle Sports.Have their own website and all and got my away top here in Derry last Thurs for £40.(BTW Gen K still the only sports outlet in Derry to stock our top and we've 3 JJBs).

I normally buy from AVFC online,but have to get the nephew a top as well and needed to save the extra.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV,have you tried Lifestyle Sports.Have their own website and all and got my away top here in Derry last Thurs for £40.(BTW Gen K still the only sports outlet in Derry to stock our top and we've 3 JJBs).

I normally buy from AVFC online,but have to get the nephew a top as well and needed to save the extra.

As you know Derry and Northern Ireland is classed as the UK and therefore not under the scope of the above arguement. On another point you qualify for the free delivery on all orders over £100 we south of the border don't...

As you know Derry and Northern Ireland is classed as the UK and therefore not under the scope of the above arguement. On another point you qualify for the free delivery on all orders over £100 we south of the border don't...

Wasn't trying to involve myself in your 'argument',just suggesting an alternative.

Oh and last year my training top was ordered thru the OS and came in a Kitbag.com parcel.

Maybe its down to them.

General,

It's been a month now, what news is there of Freddie Bouma? Can we expect to see him complete a dramatic recovery and line up on Sunday? Seriously though, I hope his healing is going well. Would the OS be prepared to run an article providing an update for the wider audience?

Heads up for Sunday as well General, it appears that the atmosphere is going to be up there with Blues last year - bring it on!

Jon

General - a quick question on AVTV and, specifically, when is it planned to improve the service for Mac users please? I recently took out the £34.99 annual subscription to AVTV, having watched all the pre-season game highlights, interviews etc. It now appears that video match highlights can be viewed if they are included in the Interviews section on AVTV, but not if they're listed in the Match Highlights section. Go figure! Surely it would be simply remedied by listing them all in the Interviews section?

Also, I was not able to listen to the live Stoke commentary last weekend either on a Mac or a Windows PC - frustrating at the time, but may have been a blessing of course!

I've emailed AVTV today about these problems & will be interested to see how quickly I get a response. I'm sure a word from you may get someone's attention with a bit more urgency however!

Thanks General - keep up the great work you do on behalf of Villa fans everywhere.

I got one of my tops in lifestyle sports and one in elverys.they cost 60 euro eatch..i have to say the elverys where i got the away top had a good selection of stuff...you dont mind me asking were you are living,i might be able to point you in the right direction..pm me if needs be.

I live in Kildare, but your missing the point. I can go and pay 60euro too at a third party store and give them a bigger slice of the profits, but I want to buy it from AVFC and why should we have to pay more for the same item?? 60euro work's out at £48 not the £38.30 that the website are advertising and if I buy it through AVFC I have to pay 59euro which work's out at £47. Ie If the club tell 200 shirts through the online website AVFC.co.uk 100 to uk residents and 100 to europe. They will recieve

100 *£38.30= £3830

100* e59 = e5900 so if they exchange rate is correct £3830 should be = e5900 but it not,

£3830 is actually = e4,777.84

therefor the club are gaining extra porfit of e1200 on the shirts sold in europe!!

Thats what I'm trying to solve......thank's for the tip though, when I do buy in Ireland I always try to buy in elvery's as every year they always stock Villa gear and I remember one year under GT when things were going not so good for us they were the only retailer in the country to stock villa gear.

General Krulak here:

1. Just posted but it got lost in the ether...using a machine at Villa Park so it should work.

2. tvillain: I sent you a pm with John's personal number...give him a call and he should be able to address your question.

3. Bouma is doing fine. We have passed on to him the best wishes of the fans and he is most appreciative. His recovery is going as expected. It takes time and a good physio and physical therapy. Thank you for asking. He will be back but we will not try to rush him.

4. Website and AVTV: Simply put, we recognize we have a problem. I just met with people at Villa Park on this very issue. We certainly have some sorting out to do...and we will do it. Bear with us.

3. Bouma is doing fine. We have passed on to him the best wishes of the fans and he is most appreciative. His recovery is going as expected. It takes time and a good physio and physical therapy. Thank you for asking. He will be back but we will not try to rush him.

General, for many years the club employed a physio called Jim Walker who did a fantastic job, particularly in relation to Paul McGrath.

If Jim ever visits Villa Park he really should be given the very best VIP treatment.

3. Bouma is doing fine. We have passed on to him the best wishes of the fans and he is most appreciative. His recovery is going as expected. It takes time and a good physio and physical therapy. Thank you for asking. He will be back but we will not try to rush

Thanks for this General, I think I speak for most of us when I say don't rush him back to playing but if he can walk on sticks or crutches we'd love to see him before a match or at Half time to show our appreciation to him

3. Bouma is doing fine. We have passed on to him the best wishes of the fans and he is most appreciative. His recovery is going as expected. It takes time and a good physio and physical therapy. Thank you for asking. He will be back but we will not try to rush

Thanks for this General, I think I speak for most of us when I say don't rush him back to playing but if he can walk on sticks or crutches we'd love to see him before a match or at Half time to show our appreciation to him

Absolutely agree with this General. Freddie is a favourite player of many fans and the psychological effect of them singing his name at half time will surely aid his recovery and bring a lot of encouragment to the fans present.

How about that story on the OS....?

General,

I know you refuse to answer questions about transfers, but this is more of a request. Can you personally make sure that the fax machine for transfers is switched on? We are desperate and we need a working fax machine. Also very poor performance again from the team. We are better than this.

Hi General. Can i just pass on a big thanks through you to Randy and everyone for backing the team this summer. We have out spent a large proportion of teams and i think it will pay dividends in the long run.

Up the Villa!!!

Hi General

just a follow-up to my post of a few days ago on AVTV and Apple Macs. Here's the reply I got this morning from AVTV. sadly, doesn't answer my question on why highlights can be seen in Interviews but not Match Highlights and why Stoke audio commentary didn't work on Windows either. Finishes by saying there are no plans to support different platforms - Mac users don't bother then I guess!

Thank you for comments.

Following the rapid growth of a range of video and stream sharing

websites over recent months, a significant volume of content which

is provided on an exclusive basis to subscribers was being made

freely available on the Internet. We have to have a solution that

will satisfactorily safeguard the content.

This has required us to DRM the content and due to changes made

recently we are no longer able to support Apple / Mac products.

Specifically Windows Media Player is longer supported on this

platform and likewise IE6.0.

This has been extended to all our sites and services including

MatchLive, if you can access the service from a Windows machine

supporting the above products, please do so. If however this is not

possible we can offer a refund for unused portion of your

subscription. Please notify us by return if you wish to take this

option.

This company has always since our inception provided all of our

services through and in conjunction with Internet Explorer and

Windows Media Player. We have invested heavily in this technology

along with our customers, all of our content is in this format,

therefore we continued with this platform when introducing a DRM

solution for our clients.

At this time there are no plans to move to a different platform.

Best Regards,

AVTV - Web Support

:(

General,

Thank you to the club for bringing Jimmy home. The Villa fans really took to him when he was here before and you know as well as the rest of us what MON can do with young, hungry and talented players. He is going to be an absolute gem.

I have never known a summer like it, this is going to be a good season.

Talking of the season General, what is your view on the UEFA Cup draw? Will you and Randy be going over to Bulgaria? The games are coming thick and fast so it is getting exciting. The potential group we could be in during the next stage should also set up some lovely ties at Villa Park and away.

Thank you for bringing back the good times.

Up the Villa!!!

Jon

Guest Ricardomeister

General, looking at the fixtures we now have 3 away games in less than 6 days...Spurs on Monday night 15th Sept, Litex on Thursday 18th and West Brom on Sunday 21st at midday. As Spurs are also in UEFA Cup action it seems to me sensible for both teams to get the Spurs v Villa game put to Saturday 13th Sept. I know the game is on Setanta but do you know if we can get the date changed, and if so will we be asking for it to be changed?

Hi Gen

Ecstatic is the word on the signings - I honestly think Young and Milner will destroy most, if not all of the opposition defences this year - a very exciting time !!

Anyway, last nights game. Not the game itself - it wsa academic really wasn't it - but the crowd.

I couldn't help but notice that FH (can't spell the real name) must have had less than 20 fans there - my daughter said it was 7, but I think it wsa slightly more than that - however, whichever way - I don't think it troubled the security much !!.

Did we / or , if this situation arises again, push the boat out for them ?. Personally, with such a small amount, I'd have upgraded them to the directors box (as their wern't many there) and made them feel like royalty. Would've (or maybe we did ?) made them feel like royalty and would have given us the (what is now usual) press coverage as the darlings of the Premier League.

This year has gone now as I would imagine The glove manufactors will bring a few more, but maybe a thought for other years.

Or, as I said, did we ???