General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Gen

Two things, one quite a serious question, one quite trivial.

Regarding this Man City thing - if the reports are true then Robinho has signed for around 180,000 per week. Now that is obscene - frankly, we all know what is gonna happen to Man City season ticket prices next year. What are your thoughts ?. Do we (Villa) think that a salary cap is the way to go. Robinho has admitted today, he didn't even know who he had signed for, so it is blinking obvious he has signed for the money - surely this has got to be stopped - but how ??

2. More easy - on Sunday I noticed the same as a lot of others, that the holte steps are awful looking, dingy and dirty. Why not just paint them claret - they'd look better and the dirt wouldn't show.

3. Transfer window - not a question, just my opinion - I'm content. I'd have been happy if we had got a good forward in, I think Sunday proved we have forwards that on their game can destroy teams, but what we haven't got is that man that if your team is playing badly, and you may only get that one chance - that chance will end up in the net probably - the likes of Owen, Ashton or Bent and I'd have been ecstatic

But we didn't and I'm content.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi general. would love to hear your thoughts on the man city takeover. do you agree this was a real game changer and something which has made our job much harder?

regardless, great summer and love the direction you and Randy are taking the club. that's the third question on the same topic. Can others please not repeat the question. Thanks. Blandy

Why is it you sell Carlsberg Export in hospitality but not for the little people? I asked if we could get Export a while ago and last week i was in a box and was surprised to be able to drink Export.

They sell export in the holte upper at ramseys and in the holte suite. I asked why not at normal bars and was told it does not sell as fast and i you think that most of their sales have to be done in 20 mins, having every pump working full time is imperative.

General Krulak here:

1. Browns: They have a very tough schedule in a very tough division. We want the playoffs...that is our goal for this season.

2. ManCity: Several questions re. what has transpired over the past 24 hours. I am pretty simplistic on this issue...we focus on Villa and on doing what we need to do to get to where we want to go. I do not see MON or Randy spending a good deal of time thinking about the finances of another Club....they are in the process of building our Club in the way they feel is right for Villa. We had a very successful transfer window...brought in some very fine players to match those we have...we stuck to our guns throughout the process and came out stronger. I applaud MON and Randy!! There is an old Sinatra song about "doing it my way." I think that is where we are right now...two men who have the same vision and goal...doing it the way they feel is right for the Villa.

General ,

A mate on another site was telling me that Villa won the case against Birmingham who were subsequently fined for over charging our fans for tickets ? Did you feel vindicated over your words last November or quietly satisfied that the mud wasn't on you ?

General Krulak here:

1. Browns: They have a very tough schedule in a very tough division. We want the playoffs...that is our goal for this season.

Hi General,

I see from Sky that the Browns opener is against the Cowboys. Much as I admire what Randy and you are doing for the Villa as a Cowboys fan since the days of Walter Payton (now there was a running back!) can I just wish you all the best after this weekend

One really small point which having read previous threads I guess is also for Alison Plant. I am a ST holder in the Witton Upper stand. The depth of the stand concourse is really poor and causes some real challenges for the fans and for the staff. Having said this, recently some basics seem to have gone wrong, at 3pm Sunday there was one choice of pie from 4, no pasties, no Tea and only black coffee. In this stand we already have a very limited provision and certainly no healthy options as in other areas. I stood literally hungry watching person afer person walk to the counter and away shaking their heads. Please don't get me wrong, my belly can certainly afford to miss the odd pie, I just thought it was a missed opportunity. Next home game I will be thinking of eating outside the gound just in case, this feels like a double loss for the club. As always there are positives too, more staff to serve etc and they seem happier too even when dealing with hungry folk. :winkold:

Also, I just had a little boy and would love to register him as a Little Villain, the web link has just gone to a "coming soon" page for the last month or so.

Other than that you rock!! I am so proud of the club for its new ability to maintain a credible yet competitive position in an otherwise crazy sport...we now have class. Thanks.

Hey General, long time reader first time posting in here hehe.

I googled the Browns Stadium just to see what it looked like and it looks bloody fantastic, judging by this picture

AAFA036~Cleveland-Browns-Stadium-Posters.jpg

I hope to see Villa Park get a slow but a complete revamp in the forseeable future and the Browns stadium would be something to model it on. Just my opinion :D

Hi General, just wondered how the nerves are before the big kick-off across the pond?

I thought you'd like to know, alot of my friends who are also big fans of the NFL, have started to back the Browns as their 'second team' mainly based on the fantastic way the club is run by Randy and how much respect he and yourself give the fans. They are not Villa fans either which makes it even more special and it just goes to show how much class and respect you've both brought to the Villa. Out of interest, i strangely support two teams in the NFL, the Dolphins and the 49ers (sucks to be me, huh?), but the Browns are right behind them now.

Goodluck to the Browns!!

Hey General,

Just a quick note about the official site. I am nitpicking a little here as I understand the site is a work in progress, but I've noticed that when the player videos stop running on their profiles the video is replaced simply by a black screen. Just thought a photo of the player might look better.

Hi General

I was dissapointed to see that the Browns went 0-4 for pre-season. Now from looking at the stats it is clear that a lot of squad rotation took place (as is the way with pre-season) and I doubt that at any time the starting defence or offense were ever on the field as will be (at least not for long anyway), but has this effected the mood in the camp and how is it being reported in Cleveland?

A lot of American National press I have read has tipped the Browns for a wildcard this season which like you have stated is the minimum goal, but with a tough schedule ahead has the pre-season result dampened the mood or is 100% positivity instilled much like it is here at Villa? In days gone by if we had a terrible pre-season heads would certainly of dropped, though I am convinced that just is not possible under Randy.

Are you all confident in the squad Romeo has and who do you think will be the Browns top performers this season, should we see some surprises i.e. some top quality rookies? Also interested to know who will get the most exposure as QB? Is Brady Quinn ready to takeover from Derek Anderson?

Great to see the Browns on TV over here on the opening weekend, I will be an avid watcher that is for sure. Good luck to the Browns for the season ahead.

Thanks in adavance.

Jon

Hi General

In the light of the takeover at city and so many rumours around the futures of Liverpool, Newcastle and Blackburn for example i'd like to ask since Randy took over around two years ago has there ever been any interest in the club from others?, not asking for names or figures just wondering if others have looked at our clubs progress and became interested?, because even though both Newcastle and City were taken over much later than we were they've still had people interested in buying them out.

And by the way i think you guys have done a fantastic job with this club thus far and this summer was brilliant.

General Krulak here:

1. We have continued to recognize the issues with catering...and Alison has been viewing comments made on this site and others to get a sense of what went right and wrong this past Sunday. We have work to do but I really believe that Alison and her Team are going about the "fix" in the right way. There is NO question that the concourses themselves are a HUGE problem.

2. We are working on the OS....again, we know we have problems....and some are easy fixes that we just haven't done.

3. Tubby...The Browns: Pre-season isn't really a big deal in the US. It is a time to look at the rookies and free agents and to give certain players and hard look. The fact that we went 0-4 is not causing us grief. We have a very tough schedule and it starts hard and gets harder. We definitely have a play-off caliber team but they must perform.

4. LivingTheLifeOfAVillan: It wouldn't make a difference because Randy is too devoted to the Club.

Gen

Two "transferish" related question which I presume I am allowed to ask. Sorry, but General Krulak asked the mods to "help me here" with regards to transfer questions, Paulandonya. As a result I've removed the part on transfers. Sorry, and I hope posters understand. It is in the rules and in the title of the thread as a reminder. Blandy

Also - quickly - The Holte End Victorian clock is STILL not working - why !!!!! (only a minor point but what was the point in spending 1000's on a clock that never works !! - it probably only needs a battery !!)

General Krulak here:

1. I really am not going to answer transfer questions. Simply put, my answers can easily end up in the media. If you just go back thru all my posts, you will see the answer to your question...stated many, many times.

2. Players back to Villa Park. I only wish it were as easy as an invite. Too often, it is far more difficult and some would rather not have the attention or make the trip.

Dear General,

I dunno if you are aware but the club car park is currently a joke. It took an hour and fifteen minutes for me to get from my space to the exit of the car park basically because there is no organisation whatsoever. There are plenty of stewards before the game happy to tell you exactly which space they want you to park in and yet after the game theres not one in sight inside the stadium. This whole experience basically ruined the matchday experience for me and many other angry fans in the car park. Why cant some stewards remain in the car park and organise the traffic flowwhich would make things work so much faster. Any chance?

any updates general?