General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

I know you are a very busy person but, can i interest you in joining a predictions league that i run?

you have to predict the scores from 8 matches every week, 2 from the prem, 2 from the championship, 2 from league 1 and 2 from league 2.

It is all very simple just go onto the website each week and predict the scores....most correct wins.

If you are interested i can register you and PM you the details...

Let me know...once you get into it its enjoyable....Imavillan

All the best...

hi general, i was just wondering if villa were going to be running any fundraising for acorns throughout the season. eg. asking fans for 50p or £1 each at 5 match intervals, or having donation boxes around the ground. im sure this would be something that the majority of fans would agree with and would be more than happy to donate to.

hi general, i was just wondering if villa were going to be running any fundraising for acorns throughout the season. eg. asking fans for 50p or £1 each at 5 match intervals, or having donation boxes around the ground. im sure this would be something that the majority of fans would agree with and would be more than happy to donate to.

This is a good idea, I would donate too.

general, i wont say too much about that game because right now, i am far too angry to be coherent, but after that shower of shite, i do NOT expect to see our captain laughing and joking with the opposition at the end of the game...

not happy at all about that, or the "performance"...

general, is there any chance we can make an official complaint about mark halsey?

the man clearly has issues with aston villa football club, and his incompetence (would like to think it is that, but the cynic in me thinks otherwise), has cost us points far too often...

it has come to the point where i expect a defeat before we have even kicked a ball, as soon as i see his name down as the match official...

General I asked this before and searched back to see if you found an answer if you did and I missed it apologies.

I want to purchase the Villa away long sleeve jersey but the online club shop shows it at £48 or €74 but £48 sterling is equal to €61 at current exchange rates??

Can you explain the extra €13 charge?

General Krulak here:

1. Sani: Please pm me again...I answered and my computer sent answer into ether.

2. The Game: Like all Villa fans, I am gutted. We simply must win against the Stokes of the world. I am the first to say that we need to take "one game at a time" but I hate to lose like this one. At the same time, I am convinced that we have a good team and a good manager and we have a bright future ahead. MON will sort this out...the players will bounce back...and we will continue to move forward. One game does not make a season...even if it is very disappointing. I have said it more than once...we have complete faith in MON and in our Squad.

3. Irish1: I am afraid I cannot explain the charge you have indicated...but I am sure if you contacted John Greenfield at the VP store, he could give you the explanation.

4. We are working with acorns to determine the best way to capitalize on the generosity of our fans...and to make the most of the name on the shirt.

General,

Just looking at the London 2012 website and it states that Villa park which will be used is to be upgraded from 43000 to 51000 by 2012. Would i be correct in asuming this would be the North stand? Do you know what rounds will be played at Villa Park?

General Krulak here:

1. harris21: I am afraid I don't know what rounds will be played at Villa Park...and I doubt if that will be know until much closer to the opening date. We have work to do at Villa Park to make sure we are ready but we are not prepared,yet, to day where the changes might be made.

2. I will be off the net for a couple of days as I depart for the UK this evening. I will grab a computer and be up when I arrive at VP. I will be at the 2nd leg, the L'pool game, and the U-16 and U-18 games. If anyone sees me, come on up and say hello.

hows the ticket sales going for thursdays game?im sure the boys will put saturdays result right and could you have a quiet word in barrys ear before the liverpool game, get him fired up general!!!!! :winkold:

keep up the good work

Dear General,

I'm the chairman of the Barcelona Lions Club and I came over for the Man. City game. Alan Perrins and Katrina Adamson were kind enough to organise the presentation of our Player of the Year award to Martin Laursen after the game. Martin was a real gentleman. I'd just like to say how well the supporters' clubs are being organised now.

Thank you for everything you are doing for our great club.

Kieran

General Krulak here:

3. Irish1: I am afraid I cannot explain the charge you have indicated...but I am sure if you contacted John Greenfield at the VP store, he could give you the explanation.

General I posted this and H&V.net on the 10th July and since then both Irish1 and I have been frequently asking the question and not getting a proper response....I can't find it but you quoted to me that you passed on the following info to John Greenfield and were awaiting response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How General how's thing's???

I'd just like to say thank you very much for releasing the picture's on the Website at 2ish(Same time as the launch in Birmingham City Center).

I live in Ireland an was dreading having to wait until some of the fans got back to there laptop's to upload there photo's.I's nice to know that all fans are being treated with the same respect.

On another note you said you were in discussings with Irish retailers about making the shirt available in Ireland. Do you have any more info, ie

1) Will the shirt be availible here on the 24th (inclucding Long sleeve)

2) Who are the retailers as al ot of them tend to be regional?

3) Will training gear etc also be availible?

4) Is there a set cost in euro's as alot of retailers tend to use a very bad exchance rate when selling products available both in the uk and ireland thus increasing there profit margin over here?For example on the wesite the euro price is 51 euro is that the price we can expect to pay in store in ireland??

General why has the price on the home website increased from 51euro on Monday to 59euro today???? This my point!!!!!!

That's a 16% mark up for no reason!!!!!!

The current £stg price of the standard home replia shirt Is From £38.30 (Ex VAT) (why the 30p?) which at todays exchange rate is 75.8798 USD and 48.1961 euro The website is selling it for 80USD and 59 euro - that's an increase of 5 USD and over 10 euro!!!! Do you know why this is so???

General Krulak here:

1. I have put in a call to John Greenfield to see if I can suss out the pricing issue. I confess that the numbers quoted seem a bit high but I need to know the whole story before I say anything more. I will report back as soon as I hear from John.

2. I will also ask that the GK shirt be put on the OS.

Found it...Jul 10, 2008 - 02:29 PM

As I'm travelling over the Liverpool game do you think John or Ourself would be around to discuss?As it's not as simple as it seems!! Irish/European Customers have been "hussled" all the time by British Institutions who operate on both domestic (uk) and overseas markets.Put simply we have to pay more cause we live in Ireland!!! Argos, M&S,TESCO's all have different prices for the same items depending on what country there store is located. But here's the difference they use the excuse of extra transport,higher wages, higher overheads etc. to justify it. VILLA DO NOT HAVE A STORE/OVERHEADS in Ireland, and we are still being charged more!! In my opinion there is two possible explamations for this,

1, In an oversight on the part of the Villa Marketing team in an attempt to Offer European/American customers the chance to purhase from the Villa website just installed software that quotes $ and Euro prices that does not keep up to date with current exchance rates. Thus charging a 16% increase for no reason......

Or

2, A realisation by Villa that everyone else are doing it and so should we. They realise that Irish fans are used to paying extra for British so it would be foolish not to ask??

Which from a bussiness point of view is possible. Senario(sp). Irish soccer fan walks into a sports store in Ireland and see's Man Utd home top 60euro,Liverpool Top 60euro therefore Aston Villa should be 60euro.......

Based on everthing that has come and gone with yourself and Randy I know which one I believe to be the corrcect senario but if this information did reach John Greenfield then I can't understand why the website still operates "hussling Irish/American fans/customers for money for nothing....."How much merchandise has been bought by overseas customers?? Cause 100% of these fans have been overcharged!!!!