General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. I wanted to provide latest update on Bouma. Things are a bit worse than we had hoped for....looks like there is a fracture and some torn ligaments. Sense is that he will be in cast for two months...then rehab. Obviously we are very sorry for the lad...a solid player and a good person. I will pass on all the kind remarks on this thread and others.

2. To get a template that will work is not just a simple thing of punching one out. We will get it sorted.

3. I was happy with the reception given to Barry...as I have always said, I hate to see anyone not treated with respect.

General Krulak here:

1. I wanted to provide latest update on Bouma. Things are a bit worse than we had hoped for....looks like there is a fracture and some torn ligaments. Sense is that he will be in cast for two months...then rehab. Obviously we are very sorry for the lad...a solid player and a good person. I will pass on all the kind remarks on this thread and others.

Sorry to hear this. I know this is what Villa (Randy & MON) will do but I thought I'd say it anyway. Bourma is in his last year of contract, I hope the club will give him a new contract and enough time to recover. Business is business but sometimes doing the right thing at times is more important. Every supporter will be 100% behind you on this, we all like Freddy.

i was in the north stand where Bouma came off, shocking it looked bad then.

Gutted for the lad he improved so much last season, ALL THE BEST FREDDIE our thoughts are with you and we hope u will come back stronger!!!!

My question will make me sound obsessive about small details, but anyway!

I noticed on Saturday that a section of steel panelling above the players' and officials' entrance has been replaced by glass (the section immediately beneath the brickwork). I am aware that you are reluctant to specify what the Board's plans are at this stage, but are you able to say whether the rest of the steel panels on the outside of the Trinity Road Stand will be similarly replaced. Or failing that, can you say whether aesthetic improvements to the outside of the stand are at least on your long-term radar?

And with my tongue firmly in my cheek, if ever you fancy taking a walk with me around Villa Park, I'm sure I could make plenty of suggestions and observations! But then I'm sure that's what HOC are for!

Hi General, Was at the game saturday and wanted to pass on my feelings about the food service.

In short it was awful. There was 2 ladies looking after my queue. One taking money, the other getting the food. Except the money lady kept getting random things at the same time as the other women to confuse things. She also had to be told things 2 or 3 times, to the point where i saw her been told balti pie three times before she understood. when she had taken money she stood staring at the next person in the queue or at other staff around her.

Also for the amount served and the amount of time i stood waiting the prices were hideous.

Just my thoughts general.

I thought it was been looking at for this season?

Thanks for the Bouma update.

Just one note on the tannoy system, about 30 minutes before the game the volume of the tannoy was deafening! It gave me a headache for the rest of the game, I don't know if it was the same for the rest of the ground, but it was very loud in the North Stand.

As he has signed now:

I apologise if this has already been asked, i keep half an eye on this thread but sometimes i miss a page or two, but its with regards to two Americans called Brad.

Obviously with American owners, will having some Americans on our books be used to raise the profile of the club on the other side of the pond?

Do you guys have a strategy for marketing the club in America?

I know with the likes of David Beckham in the MLS there is some momentum behind the sport and im sure people are getting into the Premier League as a result. Is it a case of everybody picking either Manchester United or Chelsea to follow, and if so then do the other English sides have a chance to gain a fanbase? Will having an American flavour at the club (on and off the pitch) mean our matches on TV over there get a bigger audience than they would otherwise?

Oh, and..

General Krulak here:

3. I was happy with the reception given to Barry...as I have always said, I hate to see anyone not treated with respect.

Im glad too.

Though i always felt that the treatment he got at Walsall was the crowd telling him what they thought about the News of the World comments. Im sure you will agree that some things have to be said, but once they have been said then its over and done with.

Hopefully the Villa crowd have moved on now and we can start again.

Freddie will leave a big gap not only at left back but his consistency and commitment to his play. I hope MON is on the case, I think we all know we now have major defensive issues to sort out before kick off.

Please wish Freddie all the best for a speedy recovery General, I can't wait to see him back and fit.

General, I would like to echo some of the posts on here, hoping that some of the responses and best wishes of the fans will be passed on to Wilfred Bouma by yourself or a representative of the club- showing how much fans of the club do care...

Best wishes to Bouma, may he have a speedy recovery and he will see how pleased the fans will be on his return to the team.

Keep up the good work,

VR07

General, Im sure this match was a good warm up for the season for catering/tannoy issues and indeed any other problems around the ground. Im sure now they will be able to address where problems lie and iron them out before we officially kick off the season.

(Tannoy was worse than ever though general!)

General Krulak here:

1. I can assure everyone that we are sending all messages of hope and healing to Bouma...he is MOST appreciative.

2. I can also assure everyone that MON knows Bouma was hurt on Saturday. He knows what he has to do and has Randy's TOTAL backing.

3. We are working on marketing in US....Bob Kain is concentrating on that area...and is a real pro.

4. We are, in fact, working hard on issues that arose during the recent game. It was a good "run" for us and we learned some things. The system is being addressed as I write...with a group of people looking for solutions. As you all know, to redo the entire stadium is a huge undertaking and extremely expensive. We have the worked scoped right now so we know what needs to be done. We may well try to do a "quick fix" to get some improvement right away...and fold the "quick fix" into the final solution to the problem.

Hi General,

Firstly i hope you'll be joining us on our European tour this season, I'm already excited at the thought of playing Valencia, Sevilla or even AC Milan in the Final, well i can dream huh.

My question or maybe more of a query really is about our new training gear. RED?!?!?!?? I fully appreciate that some fans will love it, maybe MON asked for it, maybe that's standard Nike Gear and maybe i'm just being a tad too sensitive but everytime i see our players in that training kit i cringe terribly. Indeed it may have something to do with the fact i currently hate the colour RED after this summers soap opera involving our captain. I also form a nervous twitch around the 3rd round FA cup draw as we nearly always end up getting knocked out by those annoying RED devils from Manchester. What with Arsenal and the fact our tiny little neighbours usually play their away games in RED i am drving myself crazy that this is such a problem for me.

It just seemed like a strange decision to me that's all, with us trying to build a worldwide brand as it seems is the case here, i would of hoped for a consistent 'set' of Villa colours. Having briefly checked out fellow Nike sponsored teams there seems to be a standard design for training kits etc but most stick to a range of colours that compliment their club colours / badge.

I think i'll leave it at that as i don't want to go on too much about it, especially if you're reading it thinking 'ohh for god's sake'. It's merely something that is niggling me and a few 'brummie reds' are boiling my blood with their sniggles and jibes that it looks like we "plonked our badge on some left over Man U training tops" Agrgrgrrgrgrhrhrhrhrh :(

I don't think you have had this asked before but if you have and i've missed it then i apologise.

Bring on the new season. Regards

Hi General,

My question or maybe more of a query really is about our new training gear. RED?!?!?!?? I fully appreciate that some fans will love it, maybe MON asked for it, maybe that's standard Nike Gear and maybe i'm just being a tad too sensitive but everytime i see our players in that training kit i cringe terribly. Indeed it may have something to do with the fact i currently hate the colour RED after this summers soap opera involving our captain. I also form a nervous twitch around the 3rd round FA cup draw as we nearly always end up getting knocked out by those annoying RED devils from Manchester. What with Arsenal and the fact our tiny little neighbours usually play their away games in RED i am drving myself crazy that this is such a problem for me.

It just seemed like a strange decision to me that's all, with us trying to build a worldwide brand as it seems is the case here, i would of hoped for a consistent 'set' of Villa colours. Having briefly checked out fellow Nike sponsored teams there seems to be a standard design for training kits etc but most stick to a range of colours that compliment their club colours / badge.

I think i'll leave it at that as i don't want to go on too much about it, especially if you're reading it thinking 'ohh for god's sake'. It's merely something that is niggling me and a few 'brummie reds' are boiling my blood with their sniggles and jibes that it looks like we "plonked our badge on some left over Man U training tops" Agrgrgrrgrgrhrhrhrhrh :(

I don't think you have had this asked before but if you have and i've missed it then i apologise.

Bring on the new season. Regards

Here, here.

General,

I have to agree with the post from Shemmi.

Its one thing having, say dark navy, black or white (for training tops i would not associate any of those colours with another club) but red.

I would be interested to know how sales of this red top are going? This would be an indicator of how wel, or not, it is being recieved.

General,

Just a quickie regarding our new shirt.

I, as a season ticket holder travelled 120 miles down to Villa Park on Saturday evening to watch the match.

I took the oppurtunity to buy our new shirt, £45.

I then went to greggs yesterday in Leeds and saw in the corner of my eye a Villa shirt in a retailer. I popped in, £34.

So, in Leeds,120 miles away, I can buy the shirt 25% cheaper than I can at Villa Park?

Shocking.

General,

Just a quickie regarding our new shirt.

I, as a season ticket holder travelled 120 miles down to Villa Park on Saturday evening to watch the match.

I took the oppurtunity to buy our new shirt, £45.

I then went to greggs yesterday in Leeds and saw in the corner of my eye a Villa shirt in a retailer. I popped in, £34.

So, in Leeds,120 miles away, I can buy the shirt 25% cheaper than I can at Villa Park?

Shocking.

General,

On this note, I have a pretty decent grasp of supply and demand principles and understand that a high street retailer will most likely get a pretty good discount from Nike when buying tens/hundreds of thousands of shirts across the entire Nike range. AVFC retail however won't have access to this discount because of their limited purchasing power. Not that shocking really when you think about it. A quick bit of research shows that Man Utd and other teams can't compete with the likes of Sports Direct in terms of price, as a direct result of SD's purchasing power.

Since I have this knowledge, I can now make an educated decision about whether to buy from Villa Direct or from a high street retailer. I don't blame anyone at AVFC for this discrepancy because the club's recent track record is very good in terms of customer service and pricing policy, so I trust the club to be applying reasonable margins to all items in the club store.

In short, I'm not shocked at the price at AVFC stores and I don't blame you, Randy or anyone for the prices. Keep up the good work.

G.