General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Just a quickie regarding our new shirt.

I, as a season ticket holder travelled 120 miles down to Villa Park on Saturday evening to watch the match.

I took the oppurtunity to buy our new shirt, £45.

I then went to greggs yesterday in Leeds and saw in the corner of my eye a Villa shirt in a retailer. I popped in, £34.

So, in Leeds,120 miles away, I can buy the shirt 25% cheaper than I can at Villa Park?

Shocking.

In order that the General can compare like for like:

I am also a season card holder who chose to buy from the club shop at Villa Park. As a season card holder I received a 10% discount, so I paid £40.50 (YorkshireCoop why did you pay £45? :? ).

I also received a free Villa boot bag, kit bag and wallet, priced at £14 (YorkshireCoop, didn't you receive these freebies?). To be honest I would value the freebie stuff at half the marked price, worth £7. This gives a comparable shirt cost to any of our 26,000 season ticket holders of £33.50. This is 50p cheaper than the Leeds shop and even if you have no use for the freebies (kid's etc.) at least all the money goes to our club.

General, you have mentioned that the buying power of sports shops enables them to get a better trade price for the kit. I am surprised that even with the club expecting to sell over 50,000 shirts directly, the difference to non season card holders, who don't want the freebies, is £11. Whilst acknowledging the need to raise revenue, the club must be loosing sales to other outlets with this price differential. For future seasons, would the club consider halving the difference and selling at £40 (£36 to season card holders)? I'm sure the club would benefit from a lot more direct shirt sales since hardly any season card holders would buy elsewhere for a difference of £2.

I still chose to buy direct from the club, but if YorkshireCoop forgot to use his season card discount and didn't get the freebies he must be kicking himself.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here....

....We may well try to do a "quick fix" to get some improvement right away...and fold the "quick fix" into the final solution to the problem.

Bit extreme. Hitler had one of them!

On one of the other threads, there is an annoying scouser going on about Barry. Can you tell us if Barry has put an official transfer request or if we will have to pay up his contract to him if he goes?

Otherwise can we get the USMC to take him out

General, tough question coming up...

I'm heading to New York to run the marathon in November and decided I can't fly all the way there without seeing Randy's Browns! So I've bought tickets to see the game against the Cowboys on Nov 6th!

I'm really excited about it, although I must admit to knowing nothing about NFL, so my question is: Which pub would you recommend I visit before/after the game?

Of course as you know a good pub is essential to our Villa football experience, I'm sure the Browns is no different! Appreciate your good recommendations.

General Krulak here:

1. Shemni: Red...it is what it is. Not much I can do about it. MON certainly did not ask me nor did Nike. Like many things, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I must say that they are selling well so not everyone agrees with you.

2. GaztonVilla: You hit the nail on the head.

3. granto: Good luck on the marathon...it will be a great event for you. I tried for years to make that one but was never able to do so. It is HUGE!!! The Cowboy game will be a real good one...I wish I could recommend a pub but I normally just go to the game and enjoy the food and drink there. Maybe a "tail gate." With your accent, you will be a welcome addition at any tail gate party.

General Krulak here:

3. granto: Good luck on the marathon...it will be a great event for you. I tried for years to make that one but was never able to do so. It is HUGE!!! The Cowboy game will be a real good one...I wish I could recommend a pub but I normally just go to the game and enjoy the food and drink there. Maybe a "tail gate." With your accent, you will be a welcome addition at any tail gate party.

General,

will villa ever try and promote that kind of pre-game experience? i know us english fans like a nice warm pub but a car park BBQ and drinking session could take off if it was organised properly

saturdays game against odense would have been perfect in the sunshine

General,

Both yourself and Randy have been magnificent in the way you have handled things recently and also with how you have redeveloped Villa Park into a vibrant and buzzing football ground. It fills me with pride as a Villa fan to know we have two such great guys in charge along with a brilliant manager in Martin O'Neill.

I know you won't comment on transfers specifically General and/or names etc and I totally understand that. But with the fact that as it stands we have no left back (best wishes to Freddie) or right back (now super Olof has gone) and we as fans are a little apprehensive about going into the new season so light on numbers; though may i add i am sure MON is constantly shaping irons in the fire. How busy are you and/or Randy expecting the next two and a half weeks to be on the player front?

I am (as i am sure a lot of Villa fans are) hoping for another 5 quality additions before the transfer window closes, as well as touch wood, keeping Gareth Barry. Do you think this is possible?

Again General, may i thank you for being so responsive on these boards...it is truly magnificent that we have such a great ambassador of Villa like you. Have a great evening General.

General, I couldnt make it on Saturday, but watching on the television the pitch looked perfect - how has the work on the Trinity Road been going and was it open on Saturday - also, is there a timescale on HOK's recommendation for the stadium...not talking about day, more year - Thanks for everythig General - what a breath of fresh air the board and management are

General, having watched a magnificent performance by Nigel Kennedy at the 2008 Promes, complete with Villa shirt and claret and blue electric violin I was wondering if you and Randy had met him?

He is a total 'nutter' but Villa through and through and descerves support for flying the Villa flag around the world

General, first of all thanks for all the great work. I was at VP on Saturday and the ground looked great and fit for the new season. Now we have secured a position in the UEFA cup, I think the mood amongst the fans is they are expecting some BIG statements of intent through our transfer activity - i.e. we want to see the same ambition that clubs like Spurs, Liverpool and Everton are showing. After last January's very quiet transfer window, there are many doubters in the ranks, and this can't be a good sign. Can you assure us that the fan's, player's and manager's ambitions are going to be suitably represented in these weeks running up until September 1st?

General, to reiterate the sentiments of others, we're currently watching Spurs, a club that was well below us last season, spend multilillions on Bentley, Modric, etc - guaranteed top class players. And some of us are wondering why we're not doing the same. I trust the manager to get the most out of what he has, but I'm starting to question the ambition at this moment in time.

General - unfortunately I have to agree with the posters above and post a message regarding the current transfer situation. I cannot ever remember a time when we were so light on numbers. The continued messages from yourself that Martin knows the situation and is working on it is becoming a well worn path. Simply put , if we don't get significant quality additions then this team is going to stand still which in the premier league means going backwards.

Thanks

A truly puzzled Villa fan

I pop in from time to time to see what the General says... and everytime the same old well worn questions are fired at him.

THE GENERAL IS NOT INVOLVED IN TRANSFERS.

Nice one guys, I'm surprised the General is still making himself available. Well done General, your patience is honourable.

General,

Both yourself and Randy have been magnificent in the way you have handled things recently and also with how you have redeveloped Villa Park into a vibrant and buzzing football ground. It fills me with pride as a Villa fan to know we have two such great guys in charge along with a brilliant manager in Martin O'Neill.

Again General, may i thank you for being so responsive on these boards...it is truly magnificent that we have such a great ambassador of Villa like you. Have a great evening General.

agreed

Keep up the great work

General could you also pass on to MON and co that i as well as others as you can see are not happy with the clubs intent, or should i say not knowing what the clubs intent and ambition at the moment is. With spurs looking light years ahead i would like to know why important positions on the pitch are not being filled up asap?

Many thanks.

General Krulak here:

1. Let's see...maybe I should take a different approach. Hmmmm...MON doesn't want a big squad. MON doesn't want quality players. MON just wants to sit on his bum during this transfer window and do nothing. The Club doesn't want to move up...we want to stand still or go backwards. Randy purchased the Club to attain a significant degree of mediocrity. Randy doesn't care for the Club, the Fans or standings in the table. He wants the Club to stagnate so that the value of the Club goes down. I am on the Boards for PR purposes and anything I say should and must be taken with a grain of salt. If I say MON is working hard to bring quality players in, well, discount it. if I say Randy's wallet is fully open, well discount it. Remember, I am just a "new" Fan...I cannot possibly be passionate about the Club. All I do is look at the glass "half-full." There, does that make anyone happy??? For the 100th time....I do not do transfers. MON does transfers. MON knows how many players he has...better than ANY of you do!! MON knows what the Club needs....better than ANY of you do. He knows who will "fit" and who won't. Spurs, Everton, Liverpool...yes, they have picked up some players, but so have we...and I'll bet on MON and his ability to turn the players he picked up into superb team players...we will have to see what happens with the other Clubs. I am honestly amazed...NOT at the desire to see players come into the Club but the desire to see "numbers" come into the Club. MON is NOT about numbers....he is ALL about getting the "right" players in...players who can help us now and in the future and players who will "fit" into the Club and make a difference. I KNOW many of you are frustrated. As a Fan, I would LOVE to see a signing EVERY day but....MON is the Manager and is in charge of transfers...NOT me...NOT you. I must trust MON to do what is right for the Club...after all, at the end of the day, he is responsible for what is on the Pitch. Randy gives him whatever support ($$$$) he needs...MON has the charge to make it happen. Randy trusts MON and so do I!!!

2. I will be off the site until Saturday....I am on my way to Omaha for a Board meeting then on to Cleveland for a meeting with Randy.