General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General

Will the first team be training out of view from the fans area all the time or is this just temporary as it,s always been a good day out for fans to see the players close up thanks for your time :winkold:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello General

If you are a fan of Monty Python you MUST read the MON, wots he ever done for us? thread.

It is hilarious and a nice break from all the moaning!

General Krulak here:

1. As a fan...and NOT as a Director...I am saddened by the Barry Saga. As you all know, we made it very clear...EARLY ON...that we wanted our Captain to stay and were willing to write a new contract, etc. Liverpool indicated they wanted Barry and Barry indicated he was interested in leaving. We were very upfront...and set a price for Barry and provided that price to Liverpool. We never varied from that price. When we got an offer, the answer was always, "the price is the price." MON played it totally straight up. It was his feeling...and Randy's...that we are not a feeder club and when we value a player at a price, that is the price. I am not in Liverpool's shoes so I do not know what has been in their thinking...but I would imagine that they either 1) do not agree with the price or 2) do not have the money. In either case, that is not an issue for AVFC and not an issue for Gareth. I hope this saga is over...but having spent 35 years dealing with the "fog of war" and the "unexpected",...I will hold my breath. Every day seems to bring something new.

2. Symmouk: This is totally unsat. Please call John Greenfield at our Villa Park store and tell him what happened and see if he can sort something out for you.

3. mattyj22. A good idea. obviously it will have to be at a time that the Doctors agree will be OK for him. We would hate to rush him out on the Pitch.

4. Yes, Randy will be at the first game. I might add that he went to both Intertoto games...flying for two days to make them.

5. Yes, there will be a place to observe the first team practicing.

6. largelugs...I will pass it on to Randy. He did not commission it but I am sure would love to see it.

7. Salifou: Got it.

General, I think most fans realise Barry is on his way, dont want to keep an unhappy player, but the club have shown a good stance in this.

Only a complete tool (thick person) will blame the club for this. His head has been turned, though the antics of Liverpool Football Club need to be examined IMO. What we need to do is kick on and show we can be a better club without Gareth Barry. It needs to be resolved ASAP and we have even more money to spend.

General,

1. As far as Barry goes, I don't know what to think anymore, I trust what the club said about the deadline but as you said "fog of war" and "unexpected", it seems you are dead right. I just hope we can keep him.

2. Iceland, WOW :D I was lucky enough to stop there on my way to Minneapolis in 2002, seriously, if you can be there for the away tie? GO!! It is an amazing country with very rugged landscapes. I wish I could go this time but to any Villa fan that can, do it, you won't regret it.

General Krulak here:

1. As a fan...and NOT as a Director...I am saddened by the Barry Saga. As you all know, we made it very clear...EARLY ON...that we wanted our Captain to stay and were willing to write a new contract, etc. Liverpool indicated they wanted Barry and Barry indicated he was interested in leaving. We were very upfront...and set a price for Barry and provided that price to Liverpool. We never varied from that price. When we got an offer, the answer was always, "the price is the price." MON played it totally straight up. It was his feeling...and Randy's...that we are not a feeder club and when we value a player at a price, that is the price. I am not in Liverpool's shoes so I do not know what has been in their thinking...but I would imagine that they either 1) do not agree with the price or 2) do not have the money. In either case, that is not an issue for AVFC and not an issue for Gareth. I hope this saga is over...but having spent 35 years dealing with the "fog of war" and the "unexpected",...I will hold my breath. Every day seems to bring something new.

General,

If I may, a genuine, upfront question for you:

Are you out of the Randy/MON loop on the deadline statement or were you speaking as 'if' you didn't know whether there was a hidden 'out' from the club's deadline statement, you could understand why some people don't believe it's all over?

General ,

Just a thought on the selling of shirts at the B'ham airport I still think that one of the big attractions for people is to to wear them on their holidays and we are bang in the middle of the holiday season certainly for Birmingham anyway the main two weeks are mid July . Can we look at getting the new shirts out earlier and certainly being sold at Bham aiport as early as possible to catch the punters .

Have we had any more thoughts on having a memorial at Villa Park for people to spread their ashes or some sort of memorial brick maybe on the length of the Holte End car park ? May almost fund some of the work for next season in the Holte End ?

General

First of all thanks for all your good work i believe i have come up with a way of generating additional shirt sales for Villa and increasing Revenue

Myself and many other villa fans would love to see Marlon Harewood with the biggest Afro he can grow we feel it would scare the hell out of the opposition and improve his game although he is good already :) if he does this we would all buy the away shirt with his name across the back and would generate extra money for the villa coffers could you please suggest he does this, id also like 2% of the revenue generated as iam a business man after all. Thank you very much :D

General, first complaint from me. From USA, AVTV is often the only way to get live coverage... The commentary is colorful, but not informative. There is a fascination with adjectives and not enough information about which player is doing what in which part of the pitch.

General, first complaint from me. From USA, AVTV is often the only way to get live coverage... The commentary is colorful, but not informative. There is a fascination with adjectives and not enough information about which player is doing what in which part of the pitch.

May I suggest Setanta and Fox Soccer Channel even in Alabama you will get more live games with these 2 than they get on tv back in the UK.

General,

First post on this thread so i would like to start with the obligatory ass kissing... you're the man General!

Now thats out the way, i would like to show my support for the Marlon Harewood Afro Petition. It would look very stylish and would distract keepers around europe. I, for one, would definitely buy a Marlon Harewood Afro from the villa shop and would wear it with pride on matchday.

Thanks for your time,

Olof's Acorn

General, first time poster on this thread, with a quick question.

Due to circumstances a friend may not be able to commit himself to a season ticket this year. Though he has already bought the ticket, I told him I would ask whether you could get a refund if returned before the start of the season?

Cheers,

Jas.

contact the ticket office to get a refund

General,

As our direct contact with the club and it's staff, will you please pass on my comment to Gareth Barry that the latest underhand actions of him, and his agent, disgust me. I don't care if it means nothing to him, just please pass a fan's message on.

Can you tell us what Randy, a man with integrity, thinks of this situation? Also, what could Randy and MON have learnt from this situation?

General,

I know you have nothing to do with transfers, but can you pass on the message that we dont want Barry at our club anymore. Tell Randy: we want him out, tell Barry: we want him out and mostly tell MON: we want him out.

Im getting fed up with posting negative after negative, and it would be nice to get rid of one of the negatives, GARETH BARRY.