General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

I have said this before but....getting the players to take us into the top 4 is a wee bit more challanging

Hello again Gen, can i ask is it you alone who makes these posts or do other key members of AVFC get to post under your name???

' a wee bit' does not sound all that American to me ... but i have heard this phrase used by someone else quite a lot ... just cant quite put my finger on who :winkold:

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

One of the aims of the Acorns deal was to attract other top quality commercial partners to the club. I've noticed on the official site that the list of 2008/2009 partners is to be added. Have we signed up with any new brands as platinum partners?

Thanks

Andy

General Krulak here:

1. I was asked about the "Fan Squad." The AVFC fan Squad will effectively become a team of "ambassadors" at community events on a non-matchdays and an easily recognisable point of contact for supporters on a match day. The Fan Squad concept will be a first for the Premier League and is a strong effort to engage our supporters in Club activities. We have been having some trouble with the fan squad e-mail address which is why some people who have applied for the fan squad on line have yet to be contacted. Those on the fan squad will interact with existing fans and new fans...and help build a strong relationship between your Club and you!!

2. My sense is that the transfer market in UK and the free agency market and draft in the US are somewhat similar but have varying degrees of difficulty with each. The NFL itself is very powerful and has very defined rules and regulations on how Club, agents, and players are to act. Normally, these rules and regulations are followed closely. Ofr course, the more "World Class" (I hate using the term) the player, the more lee-way they seem to have...real or imagined. The FA is, over time, coming to grips with the international flavor of transfers, the role of the agent, etc. it won't be long before the two Countries start looking pretty much the same from the standpoint of player negotiations.

3. Legendary 10. I am not sure that I should post an answer to that question.

4. Price of away shirt: I will need to check on that...I do know that all 32 Red.com gear has been a "slash down" sale for months.

5. I craft all my posts...and I do use the term "wee"....when you are only 5'6" the use of "wee" comes easy.

6. Andycv: Yes, we have added partners.

Gen

I know you dont answer about transfers, and, usually, I dont ask - but this isn't a question , its more of a rant, don't expect you to comment but I would hope you understand the frustration...

2 yrs ago, MON needed a right back, 1 yr ago, MON needed a right back but said no one was avaiable, in spite of two England right backs being sold to clubs smaller than us, he then said the one he wanted may be available in jan, 6 months ago, we needed a right back, but MON said the one he wanted wasn't available and he would wait until the summer.

You have answered more questions than Dear Dierdrie about it and touted your wife for the job.

We have had approx. 80 days since the season closed and only 25 days until the start of next season (and depending on how you look at it - our season started 4 days ago !!!!) and guess what - WE STILL HAVEN'T GOT A RIGHT BACK !!!.

Now, I know you are saying be patient, MON knows best - but you must sympathise when I say - if he hasn't been able to sort it in the last 750 days - why is it gonna change in the next 25 !!

At the end of last season, MON said he wanted a significantly bigger squad of "quality players", well 4 have gone, soon to be 5 probably, so a rough estimate of 11 players at a probable cost of upwards of £50 million quid was required, and maybe a hell of a lot more than that - if we believe we need the quality of Barry to progress then you gotta expect at least 3 of these new players will probbaly cost in that catagory.

Now, I've been the "Don't worry, we will have them" but I am seriously seriously worried now !! - coz in my reckoning we need, what will more than likely be "record signings" every other day until Man City to get where we wanted to be !!

I know you say - don't panic, we finished 6th, but the year before Spur finished 5th !! - last year is gone - its an old aying - you have to spend to stay still nowadays !!!

Rant over and I hope I am displaying one of those red faces by Friday - but i doubt it !!

Rather than regurgitate what I have posted over the past 484 pages, why don't you take a look back...even so short a time is the past few days....to see my answer to your question. My answer will not change because it is Sunday vice Friday. Simply put, MON knows what he needs...he can count...he can "read" the play on the Pitch as well as anyone...he knows what is in the Club house...he knows what is in the Academy...he knows he has the support of the owner. He is out working the issue. Some fans (villafan.com) would like us to be more "open" about who we are looking at...I disagree and so does the Club. It makes no sense for the Club to announce to the "world" who we are after...that can only result in a spike in competition, price, etc. We recognize the desire of the fans to be in the know but the dangers of making our plans public are too great. I have said this before but....getting the players to take us into the top 4 is a wee bit more challanging than getting those to take us to number 11. Let the Manager do his job. He knows he has the support of Randy....truly.

paulanddonya to save the General I found this.... a whole three pages back :?

General, after watching sky sports news they seem to be clearly stating and its 'MAJOR NEWS' that our fans are booing Gareth Barry... I personally having been there (unfortunately not) would have done exactly the same, hoping this might shock some sense into the man or at least displayed our disgust at his antics...

Do you believe our fans are being harsh or do you believe it is appropriate to show our opinions and voice them verbally against someone who despite recently has given us 10 years of service?

will understand if you do not answer but would appreciate your view on fans voicing opinions :winkold:

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: What is it that you would like me to say? That MON doesn't know the size of his squad and doesn't know when his first Premiership game is? MORE IMPORTANTLY, that MON doesn't know WHAT he needs? Do you want me to say that one day from now he is going to wave a magic wand and alll will appear? You say that the season ended 80 days ago....are you saying that MON should have started signing at that time???? Look, as a fan, I would love to see a full squad...on the Pitch and ready to go. At the same time, and as the same fan, I want my Manager to get the players HE feels HE needs and in the pecking order that HE feels is important. I cannot, at this stage of the game, start losing faith in the Manager...I just can't. Maybe some of you can...I can't.

2. I hate to see booing of any player.

2. I hate to see booing of any player.

And similarly we hate to see public bashing of the Manager!

General do you see a way back for Gareth after all that's been said and done or is it generally accepted within the club that his eventual departure is inevitable? If the protracted move should fail to materialize for whatever reason or the asking price isn't met, what then?

General Krulak here:

1. paulanddonya: What is it that you would like me to say? That MON doesn't know the size of his squad and doesn't know when his first Premiership game is? MORE IMPORTANTLY, that MON doesn't know WHAT he needs? Do you want me to say that one day from now he is going to wave a magic wand and alll will appear? You say that the season ended 80 days ago....are you saying that MON should have started signing at that time???? Look, as a fan, I would love to see a full squad...on the Pitch and ready to go. At the same time, and as the same fan, I want my Manager to get the players HE feels HE needs and in the pecking order that HE feels is important. I cannot, at this stage of the game, start losing faith in the Manager...I just can't. Maybe some of you can...I can't.

General, I think it maybe losing the faith in his transfer dealings not him as a manager, well that's my opinion. I know the two, in so many ways are linked and we know that MON would never work any other way. He is an awesome manager and yes I agree him picking the likes of Young and NRC I am delighted with, but what happens if the players he wants he cant get? (rhetorical question) two years to wait for a right back, when we havent got one.....no real right sided player for a season as Routledge came in Jan but didn't play.

I would never change MON and my comments are through frustration more than anything else and I don't want you to reply because I know the comment and I fully understand the comment and I agree with the comment you would make because I know I should keep the faith and MON is the right person for the job......but geez I would love to meet him and give him a quick slap and tell him to hurry up with a few players :?

General I think half the problem caused here is by a certain Russian billionaire turning up and spending all his money, so everyone assumes it'll be the same everywhere else.

Also, games like Football Manager make it seem like all you've got to do is make an offer and the player is yours. Add to that the transfer windows meaning you can only sign players for 3 months out of 12, and everyone gets frustrated (it used to be you could sign players until April...)...

Losing faith in the manager is a bit much, some people really do need to calm down and realise things are not done out in public with our club like they are with others *cough* dirty scouse bast*rds *cough* :)

General, do you have any idea why MON decided to play GB at Walsall? I have been trying to figure out why he would deny a youngster the chance of a run out for the club to gain some experience, in favour of someone who no longer wants to play for us. I am sure a lot of other fans have wondered why he played him too.

I understand if there are reasons you cannot answer that question General.

General Krulak here:

4. Price of away shirt: I will need to check on that...I do know that all 32 Red.com gear has been a "slash down" sale for months.

Thanks General i await your response

edited....Onto the real reason for the post Gen about you not liking to boo a player. I think I could change your mind. Wait until the FA Cup, if we draw Derby, come and stand on the Holte when Robbie Savage comes down to our end - if you do not feel the temptation to go over the barrier and chin the guy - you are a better man than I !!!!

General Krulak here:

1. I was asked about the "Fan Squad." The AVFC fan Squad will effectively become a team of "ambassadors" at community events on a non-matchdays and an easily recognisable point of contact for supporters on a match day. The Fan Squad concept will be a first for the Premier League and is a strong effort to engage our supporters in Club activities. We have been having some trouble with the fan squad e-mail address which is why some people who have applied for the fan squad on line have yet to be contacted. Those on the fan squad will interact with existing fans and new fans...and help build a strong relationship between your Club and you!!

Hi General,

Thanks for looking into this and coming back on it. So does this mean my e mail may never have reached anyone and I may need to apply again in writing?

Computers!!!

General Krulak here:

1. I cannot speak for the dressing room, the squad or MON with re. to GB. All I can say is that they are all professionals and, at the end of the day, I think they would all pull together and focus on the goal of moving forward and upward. I am not sure why MON played GB at Walsall. Contrary to some of the media reports, I do not think it was punitive in nature. MON is a bigger man than that.

2. Cookie: I would send it again...or just pick up phone and call contact number.

3. We have seen no problem with work permit.