General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

i'm guessing the away kit will be some sort of tribute to the european win kit.

I just really hope they have the round badge.

It sounds promising and the general and randy haven't let us down yet so i fully expect the kits to be awesome.

Could well be the first time i buy both home and away kits.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. My sense is that we will not see the new kits on the backs of our lads for the last game of the season.

2. Badge has been finalized with Randy making the final decision...but with good input from the fans. As I have said before, it is impossible to please everyone but...the explanation of the badge (design, shape, etc.) is very clear and very persuasive. For what it is worth, I like it! Of course who am I?? Just some Yank. BUT, I do like it.

3. I am not trying to "tease" anyone about the kit...I stated up front that I would not describe it. My only point is that Randy's sense of "who" Aston Villa FC is...what it stands for...is keen.

Is it reasonable to ask if the sponsor has remained 32red? and is the price still going to be £40 ($80, looks even more extrotionate)?

I am dead excited! WE're going to have a decent kit for a change!! Thanks a lot to Randy and yourself for aranging a kit make that will stop us looking like we're playing in the conference.

Is it reasonable to ask if the sponsor has remained 32red? and is the price still going to be £40 ($80, looks even more extrotionate)?

I am dead excited! WE're going to have a decent kit for a change!! Thanks a lot to Randy and yourself for aranging a kit make that will stop us looking like we're playing in the conference.

As said before, they have signed a two year deal, and that the guys running the club are very honest and they keep their word - they are honourable men, and I'm sure, happy to keep the contract going, if a settlement can't be reached.

Sure, I bet they could get more money elsewhere, but you have to look at it from both sides of the coin - the pay off 32Red would be recieving wouldn't really be that big a sum as they didn't pay much for the sponsorship in the first place (what haappened to all that partnership stuff they were talking about when it was signed?). If you were their CEO, you would look at Villa as an ambitious club, looking to make big moves and looking to further themselves and market themselves as a club. Why would you accept any offer break the deal unless it was a massive pay off fee - which wouldn't make sense. In fact, you'd think the CEO of 32Red would actually think about RENEWING the deal on bigger terms so as the team goes on, it's guarenteed the name is still on the shirt in the forthcoming years when Villa will be EVERYWHERE.

General Krulak here:

1. Tommy "Holte" Waldron....you sound like me. Steer by the stars, not by the wake. Look to the future...not just hold on to the past.

2. John Cresswell says it well....it just isn't Randy's style to "stiff" someone....never a good business move. You might win in the short run but the professonal reputation gets sullied and you end up losing.

3. I will be on the streets for the Parade...I am easy to recognize...face like Tom Cruise, body like Conan the Barbarian, wit like Charlie Chaplin and suave as 007!!! If you see me, buy me a pint.

General,

I was talking to a frined who is a Birmingham City supporter (Sorry, but they do exist, and Jesus himself felt true worth by walking amongst those of less repute), and we were talking about each others clubs and he was amazed at the fact that a Director, never mind anyone, club came onto fan forums and talked to us. SO Kudos to our club. Plus they do NOT do discouunts for students, so double KUDO to Villa!

We were talking about incentives and extras for season ticket holders too and though this may seem crazy and unmanageable I came up with this idea.

Every voucher for home games printed on a season ticket would have 2 stubs to pull off- 1 for outer stub for the guy or lady on the entrance to take off and another you took to the programme seller to claim your match day programme as part of your season ticket advantage. I know that this may not be workable but he, and a few other lads we spoke to from both clubs we know and others (a mate who followers Man U, another Liverpool, another Arsenal (legit reasons too rarely enough)), said they thought it was a good idea.

And a cheeky request, as the club are looking to be more 'in house' in their marketing, as a Graphic Designer with 17 years experience who is about to be made redundant... No chance of a job (he said cheekily!)

Stew

John Cresswell says it well....it just isn't Randy's style to "stiff" someone....never a good business move. You might win in the short run but the professonal reputation gets sullied and you end up losing.

Exactly right on both counts.

It might not be a prominent "feature" of how football or life is reported or percieved generally, but integrity cannot be bought, it's priceless.

Honourable behaviour can't be purchased, or set against the balance sheet. Integrity is an intrinsic virtue and is invaluable. It's an advantage, too should "we" have it and others not.

You can only lose it once, too. So look after it. 6 months into a long and fruitful (hopefully) journey, is not the time or the place to throw it away, if there ever is a place...

Whoever sponsors us, whether it's Red32.com or someone else is really irrelevant, what is important is that the club gets the best deal possible financially. NIke was brought in as they really are recognised as world leaders. IF Red32.cm want in after the deal is up, they know they will have to pay top dollar. It really is great news all round when the decision sis made.

General,

Just wanted to ask about a couple of things I don't think you've mentioned here,

Are the European cup squad going to open the new training ground and the Holte Hotel as part of the 25th Anniversay celebrations ?

Will the Holte Hotel be open to everybody?

And also I can recommend the White Swan in Digbeth for your St Patricks day delectation and delight. Most years they host a group of New York firemen that worked through September 11th, they were on the pitch at Villa Park one year ( a miracle if you'd seen them the night before!) so they'd be more than happy to look after another American or two. Ask for Agnes !

General Krulak here:

1. The European Cup Team will open up (cut the ribbon) on the new Training Ground.

2. We wanted to have the same folks open up the Holte Hotel but it will not be completed at the time they are here with us.

General Krulak here:

1. The European Cup Team will open up (cut the ribbon) on the new Training Ground.

2. We wanted to have the same folks open up the Holte Hotel but it will not be completed at the time they are here with us.

Any dates General?

In the Supporters Consultation Group thread there's mentions of widening the support to schools and universities. Has there been any consideration for "ambassadors" at universities to drum up support and get people to the ground?

Personally I've spoken to a lot of people at my uni who are international students who just want to watch some of the famous English football. Now everyone knows that all it can take is one pleasant trip for someone and you have a fan for life. And yes I am volunteering for the cause!

General,

You say that the new top will be great looking, but I would rather have a new top without any sponser on it, how about making some with, and some without, as a spanking new Nike kit with the horrible 32 red logo on it would just cheapen the product.