General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

5. Music: I will see what I can do.

Thanks. Music when the players run out is annoying but i suppose that has to stay, it would be great though if you could sort it that no music was played until say 5 minutes after the final whistle, as i said i feel it really ruins the atmosphere when we've won as we can't be heard over the music. I know a lot of fans feel the same aswell

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General i would just like to point out that me and they guys i sit with have no problem with the music at all when the players are coming out and feel it adds to the atmosphere. On some occasions one persons view may not be the voice of the majority, not saying our opinion is the majority.

Hi General, just wondering what the policy was on Season ticket holders and away games? The Wigan game jumps from sale to Season Ticket Holders with 5 or more away games last season, straight to General sale. I thought the whole idea of having a Season Ticket was to get priority in situations like this?

Also, the music before the game and at half time is all the same, some of the songs are repeated 2,3, and even 4 times and I must say the music doesn't exactly reach out to a wider audience as it's all rock music and old music. Maybe some chart music can be put in place, or music videos played like a couple of seasons ago?

Oh yeah, one last thing - Why isn't the game shown on the big screens anymore? When I want to watch a replay from something that's happened, it's never shown unless it's really close, why has live footage been stopped?

Cheers

General Krulak here:

1. Rock4eva and dodgyknees: It was my pleasure to speak with Adam...what a fine lad. I am so sorry for all that he is going thru but...he seems like a real level-headed lad and one that will be fine. I would love to meet him and shake his hand and give him a word of encouragement.

2. Don't_do_it_Doug: We won't go overboard on those who caused the incident...just try to ensure that it doesn't happen again. We do recognize that the passion of the moment can cause folks to go a little overboard but when it impacts others, some action should be taken.

3. VillaAsh: I will see what I can do.

4. Dom_Wren and sellyoakvilla: THE key to handling tickets is to give Nicky Keye a call at ticketing and explain the issue. She has the ability to get you the answer and help sort whatever problem you have. She is a winner.

4. Dom_Wren and sellyoakvilla: THE key to handling tickets is to give Nicky Keye a call at ticketing and explain the issue. She has the ability to get you the answer and help sort whatever problem you have. She is a winner.

Thanks General, Does anybody have the # for Nicky?

If you ring 08006120970 and ask for her via ticket sales I think you can leave her a message and she'll get back to you. She's very good. I complained about something before on Email and just put my name on and didn't ask for a reply and she somehow got my number and rang me back to explain the situation. Very efficient.

Hi General.

Just wanted to commented I want I witnessed at the Sunderland game at the weekend.

I was sat in row 30 in k6 but there was one steward (think his number was 104 on his top) that just kept asking everyone to sit down at any opportunity (even when Villa were attacking the goal!) There was words exchanged with some fans in row 30+ in K7 who the steward was constantly on their back asking them to sit down, but when the fans mentioned why were fans allowed to stand in k4 & k5 upper he replied "thats not my section!" and he walked off, the next he comes back with 2 other stewards and the fan that challenged the steward about the other fans standing was led away never to return (so I assume he was asked to leave the ground) not one fan around him had complained about the standing so why such a poor attitude by the steward? To add injury to insult the steward was in the k4/k5 area for the 2nd half and not once asked any of the fans to sit down!

If fans are not allowed to stand during the game, surely the Aston Villa stewards need to be consistent and use some form of common sense, no one had complained & just because the fan challenged why other fans were allowed to stand he was asked to leave the ground.

I love the atmosphere in the holte and I would hate to see the atmosphere ruined by a couple of stewards who clearly dont share the passion the fans have for the team.

Dear General

ref:(Acorns/Urbandevotion charity run)

I would very much appreciate it if you could circulate the email below to the staff (even the players if possible) at Villa park as i try to drum up as much support as possible. I have already in less than a week into my fund raising acheived >£600 in sponsorship and have less than 4 weeks to go to my run [EDF birmingham half marathan 26th Oct]. One gentlemen from off this website has pledged £100. If you can help to spread this message I and the charities would very much appreciate it.

My main role is easy, I have to get round 13.1miles the other role of gaining sponsorship takes more effort and I need as many helpers as possible. Do you think it would at all be possible to get a small mention in the programme versus Portsmouth as one last attempt to get support from fellow villa fans. (Who would I need to talk too?). This is 7days before the run.

A very big thankyou

best regards

Alex

Dear Freinds

3 1/2 weeks ago I realized I was 8 weeks away from being aged 40 and probably only a couple of years away from having a size 40 waist. I have already increased the specification of my wardrobe 3 times over the last 10 years.

I decided I needed a challenge and in a mad moment entered the EDF Birmingham Half Marathon 26th October. This is 6 days before I hit one of the milestones and will hopefully help me to delay the second a little. I gave myself 49days in which to train for this event, not really long enough time and I have to say, 3weeks into the training, 13.1miles seems a long way right now.

To give me added inspiration to prepare for the run, I have decided to gain sponsorship for 2 very worthwhile charities that mean a lot to me. Please take the time and effort to visit one or both of my just giving pages to make a small or large donation (credit/debit card) and it will email to let me know that a pledge has been made. The money is immediately available to the charity to start using from this point.

The 2 charities are:

Acorns

http://www.justgiving.com/alexjennings

Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity, established in 1983, offering a network of care to life-limited children and support for their families across the heart of England. Acorns has three hospices, situated in Birmingham, Walsall and Worcester and a Community Team that offers practical and emotional support to families in their homes, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Approximately 700 children are looked after by Acorns (The need is 1,500) and all will have their lives cut short. Each year they lose around 70-80 children and Acorns give bereavement counseling to those who are left behind. http://www.acorns.org.uk/About_Acorns.asp

Jack bailey 78 braved cancer to cycle across Britain. "No one should have to see their child die. My inner voice told me it's all about the people who respond to the children's needs, which is like a voice in the wilderness. If we don't answer it, who will?" He presented Acorns with more than £1,500. Sadly, Jack died on 1st July 2008. Makes running a half marathon at 39 and 360days seem easy. Being a season ticket holder with my 3 sons I am very prowd to be associated with Acorns and to be part of the generosity already shown by Randy and the rest of the team at Villa Park.

URBAN DEVOTION

http://www.justgiving.com/alexjenningsurbandevotion

Urban Devotion is very important to me, as the charity is managed by my brother-in-law Sam (Project team leader) who I am very proud of. For Sam, this is his work life, continually giving back to those who need help in our society today. Most children are fortunate that they have us to support, nurture, cherish and direct them through what is right and wrong. Others are not so fortunate and Sam and his team work with these young adults to create a change. We need more people like this in society today. This run is my small way of helping them to make a change. http://www.urbandevotion.org/UDB/UDB_NEWS/UDB_NEWS.html

Thanks Again for your support.

Alex Jennings

Why isn't the game shown on the big screens anymore? When I want to watch a replay from something that's happened, it's never shown unless it's really close, why has live footage been stopped?

Cheers

I actually prefer the game not being shown live on the screens anymore and the team information being shown instead, but replays of key moments would be nice during the game other than the just the half time update we currently get.

Up the Villa!

General Krulak here:

1. imavillafan5: I will check into your issue. As you know or can imagine, being a steward at a football game is not a very simple thing to do. You are similar to a referee....if you get too involved, you are castigated...if you don't get involved enough, you are castigated. It can be a very fine line they must walk. Some do it extremely well...others, not as well. Much of what they do is a judgement call...and how they make that call can be found in the reaction of the fans to their first comments. If they get a load of "boshido", then their subsequent reaction can be different than if people respond positively.

2. Ianrobo1: I agree, this Giant Team photo is a real winner. The entire project was led by Dan Meredith (Senior Marketing Director) who was assisted by Russell Jones (his boss), Katrina Adamson, Elizabeth Burrows and Ravinder Masih. Not only did they come up with the idea but they marketed it to the B'ham Mail and made a giant version of it and have put it up on the Academy wall at VP. These are just some of the GREAT people we have who work behind the scenes to help develop the atmosphere we enjoy every day. They are, in many ways, some of the "unsung heroes' of YOUR football club.

3. Duntonvilla: Well done on this effort and good luck on the run. I have answered your pm. The one thing I think may be a stretch would be putting something in the programme. Obviously we have many, many, worthwhile events every week...and if we put each one of them in the programme, we would have little space for anything else.

Hi General, just wanted to congratulate yourself and Randy on the Browns 1st win of the season. People might point to the fact it was only against a poor Bengals, or Bungals, side. But a win is a win and i was delighted to see the Browns finally get 1 in the W column! Also, I think i'm right in reading you are a Redskins fan for many years, if it is indeed true, congrats on the huge win in Dallas! I watched the game and I'm more impressed every time I see Jason Campbell. He's looking the real deal and looks extremely comfortable which will only help the team in the long run.

Much love General!

General

Firstly, a big thanks to the whole Villa set-up for making our club once again a team to be proud about!

My question is - will the new players and fans muriel be shown online?? The reason I ask is I no longer live in Birmingham so can't drop by the club or have access to the local newspapers. I actually made my way upto Villa Park for the new kit and had my pic taken so would love to see if I made the grade (hopefully they got my best side!)

Many thanks Chris

Thanks General for the info !!

Just a quick question, I know alchol is banned from the concourses at UEFA games but hwo come executive seat holders can drink it appears, just a tad un fair ?

But a compliment to say well done on freezing the prices for tomorrow, hope you are rewarded for it

General,

Long time no speak.

This has been asked before but matters have got worse since it was last answered.

How will the credit crunch affect Randy/Villa/his new housebuilding project? I would imagine, as an ex-banker, he saw some of this coming.

Ta,

Good decision to show the game online tomorrow General for a small fee. Credit to whoever made that call. Does that mean the club bought the rights or are they allowed to do it because no-one else did?